Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Still the best

T-top M3SCORT would be the best ever. It's been a long time since AI had a Photoshop thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I thought that one was real? :monocle:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I'm about $5000 away from paying off my F150.
I'm gettin' the itch to buy a new truck real bad.

What do you guys think? Do I flip the bitch while It still runs or do I just drive it until the springs rip and the tires, you can't put 'em on anymore?

2011 F150 Ecoboost 107000miles.

I say pay it off then use the payment money to buy a project but I'm Mr boring and sensible.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

My garage isn't attached to my house but it is attached to my neighbors garage and I think he'd be pissed if I burnt his motorbikes to the ground.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

In the last couple of weeks three public defib machines have been stolen from local villages, seemingly by the same group of teenagers. What the gently caress is wrong with people?

In more fun news I ordered a battery impact wrench finally, so when that gets here I'm going to probably do irreparable damage to the S40 taking it apart.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

tetrapyloctomy posted:

This situation demands that the culprit be caught by a security guard deploying his taser. As he falls to the ground, screaming and convulsing, the guard spits, put on his sunglasses, and says, "Shock advised, motherfucker."

I'd settle for "darted with something that disrupts heart rhythm within spitting distance of the vacant defib site" but my Ironic Justice League is underfunded.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

InitialDave posted:

I can do that dismantling cars with hand tools. :colbert

You have more practice, I have to start somewhere

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

A good one is literally invaluable for junkyard pulling. I'm never going without one again. What did you get?

I'm already well into Ryobi so the basic 3 speed. Remembered to order a set of impact sockets too.

Well that made it easier to get everything apart, but I had to wrestle to get the strut back in so it took me like 3 hours to change 1 spring. Other side should be easier them I can get the calipers off and figure out which one (it's going to be both isn't it) needs replacing.

That followed driving the Panda home with a screaming wheel bearing. As that puts me down to one working car out of three it's booked into the garage tomorrow.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Raluek posted:

Look at the engine bay. Now look at the lineup against the wall in the background. What do you notice about their approximate relative dimensions?

I'm going to jump straight to "powershift is going to fuckle those 2 V8s into that truck"?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I had my wife drop the Panda off at the garage because the wheel bearing screech was getting too much and I've a million jobs on the go. They can't find anything, gave it a clean bill of health and said if anything went in the next couple of thousands miles they'd knock the hours investigation labour off the bill.

So good news it isn't the wheel bearings. Vibrating brake pads maybe? One wheel in particular, wheel speed, when warm, goes away when braking.

I also asked my dad to come over and help with some DIY this weekend, complicated situation but he's always going on that I don't ask him for help but my elder brother does. They live a couple of miles away from each other, I'm an hour's drive. He'd also only good for a couple of hours activity a day these days, heart attack and all, so this is basically inviting him over socially. I know it eats him up that he worked away while we were growing up, like I'd see him a week every three months then he'd be traveling again so he's always struggled to talk to us. He's also getting on towards 70 so we're both making the effort to see as much of each other as we can now. No one wants to say it but how many more opportunities will I get to see him?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Absolutely sure, I trust this garage explicitly. The fact they didn't bill me for 2 new wheel bearings, pads/rotors and suspension bushes whether I need them or not is why I take all my stuff there.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I'm in the same boat of needing to replace a printer but we really do use colour, I'm thinking a dedicated 4*6 photo printer would cover 99% of our use though, the rest can be b&w text and photocopies I guess.

Got a huge amount of house DIY done Saturday with my dad, best/longest quality time we've spent together in years too. He asked me to find more work that needs a second pair of hands :3:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Buy an amphicar

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Can those do sick burnouts?

You can get seasick trying, does that count?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Printer chat: I'll float the idea of separate mono laser (the brother DCP1610W looks like a good one and it's sub £100) and colour photo printers, any recommendations for 4x6 photo printers?

Phone chat: MotoG series all the way

Boat chat: I follow Acorn to Arabella and Tally Ho on YouTube, that's as involved as I want to get with proper boats, I'd love to build a canoe though, sounds like a manageable investment.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Wait for prime day and see if you can snag a good deal on a cheap Brother MFP.
The in-laws paid like $86 for theirs.

Is that a colour laser mfp (no good for photos) or a colour inkjet mfp (trying to move away from inkjet)?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

The one I mentioned above matches that and I've seen it for as low as £75.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

T-Square posted:

I wish people would quit frequently asking how I got a black eye. I just have bags under my eyes man, leave me alone :(

I used to frequently get asked if I was on drugs.

Yeah I mean I occasionally was, but that's not the point.

AA, hope your recovery and insurance go smoothly.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

The main road by me was shut last night for 90 minutes due to someone threatening to jump. I made the mistake of reading the comments (I know, I know) on the local news about it, there's maybe 3 comments asking about mental health provisioning, a couple more neutral contents and the rest are either saying he should have been pushed by the police or fined or shot. gently caress this country.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Youth is wasted on the young *shakes stick angrily*

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I'm going to start throwing parts at the Panda to get this squeal to stop. The garage can't find anything, there's nothing obvious, I'm thinking pads, caliper if that doesn't stop it. Currently sitting in a layby waiting for them to cool a little so I can drive home without sounding like it's powered by banshee angst.

E: discs as well, they're cheap

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jul 22, 2019

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

QuarkMartial posted:

I feel like the lifted bro truck is the double stuffed oreo inside of a giant chocolate chip cookie of the car world. Excessive, looks better than it actually is, and just not that great.

What car is the star spangled ding dong?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

To be fair to the UK at this point in time Bojo was fronted by the conservative party themselves along with Jeremy oval office. The party voted the candidates down to those two, then the 150k members of the conservative party got to vote between these two. So a tiny, tiny amount of actual UK people got to vote for this result and I'm somewhat relieved to learn that there's at least 50k of them that aren't complete idiots by them not voting for Bojo.

I like how the Tories blocked lowering the voting age then allowed 15 year olds to vote internally.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Look at this. She fine.

Inbred British bulldog face :v:

If I had new car money I'd buy a new RAV4.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Just found a private owner on FB marketplace selling a 2014 Camry with 50k miles for 10 grand, I'm gonna jump on that poo poo as soon as I get my payout......Which another thing that's pissing me off is geico dragging their rear end it's been over two weeks, they can suck a dick too.

You're going to miss the hatchback so much, but at least a camry shouldn't give you much trouble.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Getting the trailer ready to pack for camping holiday and I discover that the panda drains are clogged so there's an inch of water in the footwell, great, need to dry that out before we go away for 2 weeks. Then I drag the trailer into the garage to pack it out of the rain and last year's tarp has split, so that's soaking too. Luckily that's nice and flat floored so carpet wet vac to the rescue:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

bmw still makes mostly RWD cars, no one is forcing you to buy a 2 series active tourer

Is that the minivan? I can't tell from the numbers or names anymore, a workmate started trying to list all the cars you could buy from bmw these days and got confused and angry.

Some poo poo news the last couple of pages, I wouldn't wish either on anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

No joke I'm considering keeping the wife's Volvo when we upgrade her to a people carrier rather than keep the panda based on the accidents you guys have suffered recently. It'd fare better if I got hit by anything bigger than a tennis ball.