Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

ExplodingSims posted:

So I know printer-chat has come up a few times through these threads, but I need a recommendation for a newer one.

My HP Photosmart 6520 decided to stop printing today. Looked it up and apparently it's due to the print head getting clogged up de to leaking ink. Tried a few solutions and nothing worked, no matter what, it won't print anymore. I've had issues with it going through cartridges really quickly in the past before, so I think i'm just gonna trash it.

Do you need color? If not, a Brother monochrome laser printer is the way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I got sick of my dad complaining about buying ink for his inkjet and bought him a color laser printer by Brother. I don't think he ever hooked it up though.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3880880&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

FWIW this guy sells ink cheaply. I've only bought ink from him for the past few years.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Somewhat Heroic posted:

People think I’m crazy for using the iPhone SE but it’s my favorite iPhone I’ve ever had. Check the apple refurb store and get a newer iPhone for cheaper.

I love iOS and use all apple stuff (TV, Mac, iPad) but I am not going to spend a grand on a phone that I have to wrap in a cheap plastic case to use. It’s too slippery, too big, and I hate the camera bump on the back.

Just make the phone thicker so the camera doesn’t bump out. Put in a bigger battery. What’s so hard to understand about that?

I really wanted to get an iPhone SE earlier this year. They're small and they had a headphone jack. The internals are still old and I doubt it's going to get iOS 14. To me, that's a big deal. If I'm going to buy a new phone, I want updates for a few years. It bothers me that there's no Android phone that will get major updates past 2 years or security updates past 3. In comparison, this is the last year of the iPhone 5s support.

I've learned to live without a headphone jack but I really want it added back to the flagship phones.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Glad you're mostly okay AA.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Apparently bagel guy has a YouTube channel where he records his rants like this one.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/367697..._exclusion=true

A different one got placed on airbnb.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
While we're talking about peanut butter, crunchy or smooth?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Tremek posted:

Point of order: can someone explain chad vs chud

Also, in the I don't know what it means and I'm too afraid to ask category: thot?

That ho over there I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Anyone have recommendations for headlights? I've been using Phillips Crystalvision but they keep burning out after about a year.