Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Dagen H posted:

Oh hey just finished the June thread

Holy poo poo Tremek

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

cakesmith handyman posted:

In the last couple of weeks three public defib machines have been stolen from local villages, seemingly by the same group of teenagers. What the gently caress is wrong with people?

This situation demands that the culprit be caught by a security guard deploying his taser. As he falls to the ground, screaming and convulsing, the guard spits, put on his sunglasses, and says, "Shock advised, motherfucker."

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

RillAkBea posted:

The look on his face when guy jumps him is pretty good.
That face is "YOU CAN SHUT THE gently caress U--oh god i've made a mistake here" in visual form.

Really, though, regardless of him mouthing off the other guy shouldn't have jumped him. It's basically legally indefensible, and I'm going to guess this dude is the type to push other people but then cry to the cops after getting pushed back.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

meatpimp posted:

Guys. Guys. GUYS.

The first pic of the interior of the new mid-engined Corvette is out and it is an absolute button-frenzy disaster.

Ferrari gives the passenger a nice screen with a readout of speed and stuff. Corvette gives the passenger a lap full of miscellaneous control buttons. :911:

I was like, that doesn't look so bad ... and then I looked closer at the picture. That's ridiculous. I thought it was a grab handle with weird reflections.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

bolind posted:

Awesome!

Dear AI, I trust you lots. I need to get an alarm if the water level in a tank (a 25 liter plastic jug) exceeds a certain level. Preferably no-touch, preferably stand alone and battery powered.

Alarm could just be a loud noise.

Expensive is OK. I don't have time or skills for soldering some arduino poo poo together.

Halp.

Edit: something like this but self-contained.

Is something like this okay? https://www.amazon.com/Glentronics-Inc-BWD-HWA-Basement-Watchdog/dp/B000JOK11K?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_4

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Shitfest the Clown posted:

This is easily the most depressing thread on the entire forums for the last few pages. Condolences

Nah, because there are plenty of great folks here for support. This is easily one of my favorite threads on the forums, month after month, and one of the few that I bookmark and follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Got my MRI results from my accident, three herniated discs in my neck and one in my back. Yay.

MRI results correlate very poorly with actual symptoms. There is a high probability some or all of those herniations predate the accident. Do your PT and stay positive, you're gonna heal up.