Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Previa_fun posted:

Glad everyone is OK Tremek, that suuuucks.

does anyone have eyes on Dave

Fender Anarchist posted:

I'd be lying if I said I didn't immediately have the same thought.

I PMed STR with the same thought moments after I saw the post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Spider-man Far From Home was fun, take your kids.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We're at Pequods in Chicago and this dude deadass just said "do you know who my father is?" when they told him there was a 2 hour wait for a table.

Hostess looked like she was having a stroke trying to keep her calm.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dining establishments do not find it amusing if you use that as your check in name. We used to do it all the time at home though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You liar, I've been stalking you for hours.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo those seats.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

trouser chili posted:

gently caress print.

One time I threw my printer in the street and then ran over it. Right in my top 10 most cathartic moments in life.

Was this before or after you lugged it to a girls house?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

Window regulators on pretty much everything seem to be like heater cores. Nominally simple job that dicks you on access.

Crank window superiority. Except when you need to realign it and discover that the PO drilled through the crank peg and jammed a nail through to keep the crank in place.

Edit: My wife and my sister and her fiance want to buy a boat. Blech. I want cars.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jul 8, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Can those do sick burnouts?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

For over 15 years I've heard printer excuses from students. For over 15 years I've told them that printers are dangerous and unreliable and you should never count on them to work when you need them. Lately I've been advising that they should always have a spare laser printer brand new in a box ready to pull out if need be. There's usually pushback on that with them saying they can't afford it. I quickly call bullshit on that and point out that you can often find name-brand laser printers on sale for $25 or $30, and there's really no excuse to NOT have a spare.

I bought a Walmart specific Epson a few years ago and put it in the closet and it was a life saver when my wife was doing a presentation that ended up netting her a promotion at work. I should really go pick up another one just in case.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

T-Square posted:

Every time someone mentions the idea of buying a boat, the first thing that comes out of my mouth is "gently caress boats." and they get all pissy, and then I tell the story of how like the last 3 or 4 times I've been on a boat in my adult life, they've died and stranded us in the middle of a lake.

We go on a booze cruise once a year and it's exactly the amount of time I want to spend on a boat. Plus, if we didn't have a place to store it at whatever lake year round, it would fall on us to store it here because we're the ones with a huge driveway and yard. So gently caress that. Some of our friends recently bought a small lake property (it's a trailer but nice) and I guess the idea has spread around like a fever because everybody wants boats now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus Christ.

40 years old, probably in the best shape and health of my life and I think I just threw out my hip.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My job is very physical as well so this could be really bad if I'm actually hurt. Got ice on it, well see how I feel when I wake up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Stranger Things Season 3 was pretty great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You should be able to just pull the fan cover off and put a new motor in it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh yeah, 75" is just too big for our new living room but the 70" we have is not long for this world. I think we'll make due with a 65" TCL 6 series and just scoot the couch a few inches closer and buy a long-arm wall mount.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus.

Glad you're okay. drat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

Hey Rhyno, an incel losing his poo poo is going viral. Thought you'd enjoy this:

https://twitter.com/oliviabradley88/status/1148958211531268099

All I wanted was a bagel.

I'M A NICE GUY GOD drat IT

The other dude is an rear end in a top hat for attacking him but we all wanted to see him get his rear end kicked.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IT'S ALL YOU WOMENS FAULTS

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

T-Square posted:

I'm going on our annual "get blasted and float down a river for four hours, then sleep in a tent" trip tomorrow and there is just no productivity left in me.

E: One time at a show we were pushing our way through the crowd and some (much bigger) guy got pissed about it, so my friend turned around and said "SUCK MY BUTT." By the time I turned around, my friend was already knocked out and being dragged out of the crowd by some bystanders. He likes to heckle people, so I thought it was highly amusing.

I'm going on a booze cruise on Saturday. Should be excellent.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

T-Square posted:

Mine's like a booze cruise, but with engine-less boats! So no breaking down and being stranded!

Mine is Jimmy Buffet themed so uh, that might be terrible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That blows. Here we have "the Splash on the Wabash" where they encourage people to get drunk and tube down the river.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jonny Nox posted:

Isn't that a really really bad idea?

There's bigger floats with life guards and poo poo.

meatpimp posted:

It's Indiana.

Truth.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Alcohol and anything water related really is a god awful idea.

What? That's silly. I used to get drunk at the pool like every weekend.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

We already got one of them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm on a boat with a lot of rich old white people.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My booze cruise was mostly fun but hell truly can be other people. Someone brought their lifelong single sister with and she was hammered when she got on the boat. She then spent the bulk of the 4 hours screaming that she was "LOOKING FOR A HUSBAND WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

We found a nice place to hide on the lower bow of the ship but we could still hear her occasionally.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Do I want a super cheap Buick Century wagon?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hate the public. Being out of retail made me realize just how much I hate strangers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Some fuckstick in California used my card for $500. Fraud protection caught it but I'm annoyed. This card is only registered on Amazon so it had to be lifted at a store.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So it's pretty clear to me that the President is gearing up to using an actual racial slur during a rally. Do we wanna place bets on it being anti african or anti hispanic?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Utility guy was here to mark the yard. A slight hiccup, we have a gas line running across where we want to run the french darin but they told me to just dig close and do the rest with a small hand shovel. Good to go to dig this drainage well on saturday!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redgubbinz posted:

Look man, you can't just load a rocket full of people you don't like and fire it at the sun.

What about a volcano?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I like the new Vette a lot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This dry well project is getting out of control.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yesterday we walked away from a 2010 Tacoma after the salesman assumed we'd be stretched thin if we were looking at brand new trucks. Today I'm looking at old rear end Broncos and F150s because my brain is poisoned.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I'm going to look at a Jeep Wrangler today :v:

I looked at 99 Cherokee but it shook like hells fury when I hit a bump.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
SOME DUDE TOLD ME IM A CHAD

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'm nto seeing the problem with that?

I mean, not with you being called a Chad. The fact the other guy might be a Incel is a worry but not your problem.

I spend a bit of my spare time baiting incels on Facebook and this dude bit HARD. Ranted that I was a Chad because I was a jock and married Stacey and that I was hosed when the Beat uprising happened and then blocked me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Suburban Dad posted:

Honestly I'm getting sick of trying to find the right thing and about to give up and get something lovely and cheap since it's going to be fodder for babies and toddlers for the next few years.

In the same situation right now.