Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
So this: https://jalopnik.com/at-2-900-is-this-2004-land-rover-discovery-an-amazing-1836578260

Has got me thinking. Are these really that bad? Should I just get a Land Cruiser/GX/LX if I want a mid 2000s SUV that says notspeed and class?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Like an oatmeal raisin cookie it looks nice and invites you in but it is filled with lies and disappointment. Buy the Land Cruiser.

See I love oatmeal raisin so I'm not sure what to think of every other opinion you have.

You know, whenever I see a discovery three thoughts pop in to my head:
1. That looks loving awesome
2. I wonder how bad they really are/how much they break
3. I really want one

And I only live a block and a half away from a dealer! I could walk there! :v:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

ilkhan posted:

More importantly you could walk back each time they tow it in.

So what you're saying is that a Discovery is a good idea?

edit: https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/d/warminster-land-rover-discovery/6934050804.html

quote:

Runs great, 4wd is a blast.
Reason I’m selling is, the front driveshaft needs replaced and the front windows do not operate.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Are there any cool rental car options in Detroit, outside of the ordinary? We're flying in to Detroit and driving up to Mackinac island next week.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I'm convinced "sales" is a personality type and people who sell cars are just the worst version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

tetrapyloctomy posted:

MRI results correlate very poorly with actual symptoms. There is a high probability some or all of those herniations predate the accident. Do your PT and stay positive, you're gonna heal up.

X2