Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Powershift posted:

These are quite a bit cheaper than i expected.

https://www.safelincs.co.uk/large-automatic-powder-fire-extinguisher/

e:

I cleaned off all the porch goo

Turns out there was wood underneath.

Now what do i slather on to replace the goo?

I've always gone with Thompson's Water Seal or similar.

Powershift posted:

one way to find out :haw:

https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Lasergrip-774-Non-contact-Thermometer/dp/B00837ZGRY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Spent half an hour this morning chasing a smell. Discovered that Ford, in their wisdom, did not put a carbon air filter on my cop box so I had tree bits composting into the blower fan.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Tremek posted:

Oh and work which has been fantastic still needs me to present to a room of executives for a multi billion dollar corporation next Wednesday, so I guess I’m buying a new suit tomorrow maybe? As everything I own reeks of fire musk. It’s so bad I have to try to not retch when I open the front door to the house.

Yeah, that sticks with you. My Dad's place burned when I was in high school, and I still remember that smell today.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Jealous Cow posted:

It’s not billionaires buying 100k broncos, it’s 60 year olds who decided their lazy millennial kids don’t need to be rewarded for their laziness with an inheritance.

Yup.

What should be scaring anyone with a sense of economics is how many Boomers there are trying to live like billionares on a five digit income, and blithely expecting to be able to keep doing it in retirement despite their only real asset being real estate.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Elmnt80 posted:

We couldn't fully remove the inner door card without pulling the door latch assembly and I wasn't down to do experimental surgery on a random person's car in a parking lot with a bare minimum of tools, no research and a pack of thunderstorms bearing down on us. But gently caress it, we got it in and working. Thats what matters.

Boat chat: Boats are cool and good. But this is much like cars, and they need to be used regularly. When they sit for half the year, they're miserable piles of poo poo that make you hate everything. Honestly if its a small lake and people just want to go cruise around on the water, a john boat with a transom mount trolling motor is ideal. Its cheap, relatively low maintenance and easy to store.

Kayaks are also a good answer. The roto-molded ones are effectively indestructible and light enough to strap on top of most any vehicle for a run to the lake. No moving parts to break, plus they can get into water that even a john boat struggles with.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Broken ribs stuck, but I'm glad you're mostly in one piece! That looks like a hard hit.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Guys.

It's less than a grand.

Should I?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

STR posted:

Why is it not in your driveway yet?

I don't have a driveway, and the Vic already won't fit in the garage. :v:

I'll have to give them a call in the morning.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

MrOnBicycle posted:

I expected as much. After learning how to properly diagnose (many people apparently get hit with bipolar/psychotic diagnoses) "burning out", (or as we call it directly translated: "exhaustion syndrome") it scares me almost as much as cancers do. It can really change you and ruin your life. If you are lucky you'll get back to a 90%+ level, but I've had patients that have been so badly affected that they can't even go into a grocery shop because their frontal lobes can't handle all the noise and impressions. Their executive function are hosed and there is little to no hope that they will recover to any significant level.

I should introduce you to my life.

10 years on overnight shifts plus the last few 24/7 on call as well is fun.

I need a vacation, or a coma.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jul 14, 2019

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

One large reason my mother died from stage IV lung cancer is because she hasn’t been feeling well for a long time and some dipshit of a doctor told her it was Lyme disease (which we did all have, but there’s no such thing as long term Lyne disease like he claimed)

Which lead to her associating every ache of hers with Lyme disease, and not going to a normal doctor until she got a blood clot from the rumour and almost died

Then she died 10 months later from several blood clots instead

Similar with my Dad.

He assumed his pain was just bad acid reflux for years, then the doc treated that for months until they finally did a scope and whoops, big o'l esophageal tumor that killed him in 90 days.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Jul 16, 2019

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

You Am I posted:

Sup July 17th (which is today for me) birthday dude. 41 here.

Happy birthday! Mine was a couple weeks ago as well, and I'm not far behind you.

Not the age, but the mileage, right?. :unsmith:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Beach Bum posted:

Meanwhile, just turned 31, feelin' pretty good, got a 24/F/Puerto Rico livin' with me in the bank's my house, going to school for my retirement, just need to finish off my going-on-12-year MechE degree, find a new job and I think I'll be set for awhile.

How all you olds doin :q:

Quit drinking in January, dropped 40 pounds, and am trying to kick my insurance into a referral for mental health because neither of these things has made a positive impact on my life.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Beach Bum posted:

Was the 40lb drop intentional? Getting sober is tough; I've been trying to banish the cigarette monkey for years on and off and it's rough. I think I just need a new job, I only get started smoking when I have to drive a lot.

It was. I need to cut 40 more.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Preoptopus posted:

If Cat Interceptor says so then thats that settled. Would the harbor freight cheapys work or should i actually lay down some cash

You get one set of ears. Spend a buck.

Most foamie plugs are around NRR30, which will only bring a 140db drag run down to 110db, which is potential permanent hearing damage on exposure with chances increasing from 0 - 15 minutes. You want to get it down to sub-85 db for safety.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jul 19, 2019

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I saw a lifted Silverado today with a 6" stack coming out of the bed and terminating below the bed line to hide it from the cops.

Of course it was smoke tuned so the entire passenger side of the back of the cab was black with soot.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I think you mean HBA SAS card.

unless the DL380 has a raid card that has a slot for an external shelf already

DL380 Gen5's should have a 256mb or 512mb p400 Smart Array Controller already installed depending on the model, but it's usually just cabled to the front drive bay in the ones I've worked on.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jul 24, 2019

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Humphreys posted:

This one does have a P400, as for routing I'm not sure. The deal was pretty good though with a total of 3 PSUs and the sliding rack kit (which I have no way of using). I'm kinda thinking of parting it out and upgrading to a newer HJP Microserver or just ghetto build a server from an old gaming PC. I REALLY don't like the noise this DL380 makes.

Yeah, they're meant for datacenter applications where the noise doesn't matter because the room's cooling is going to be even louder.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Did you crush him with your enormous chin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Jesus, folks.

I'm sorry life is being a fucker to people right now. :smith: