Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Tremek posted:

You can see there’s unspent ammo, bullets, and shell casings all the way out at the front of the garage from where it cooked off. I had to break down the fence with my hands while the fire was raging to get my dogs out and all the while I could hear rounds cooking off. Thought to myself I was going to get injured/shot by my own drat ammo while it was happening, but luckily didn’t.
Ammo that isn't in a barrel just makes a little pop. Bullets fire because there isn't anywhere else for the gas to go but to push the bullet. If it cooks off without that support around it the brass expands and the bullet doesn't go anywhere.

Just a little FYI.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jul 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Applebees Appetizer posted:

But that's not what happens in the movies :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9WbeNQG1zE&t=60s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sggSjjEP49c

Movies are such a source for realism. And the obsidian on the second gun is a hell of a lot larger, physically, than the tiny tin can on the end of Wick's 9mm in the movie.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

meatpimp posted:

That's what I feared. Well, it got 120 miles on it before it was trash. :shrug:

Thanks, corn.
Could be worse. I caught a nail in the sidewall of my mustang's tire on the way home from the dealership.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Welp. Got hitched. Was a good time.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Applebees Appetizer posted:

A thing happened to me last night at about 2am

Drunk driver ran a red light. I lucked out, only a few broken ribs and feeling really beat up. Seat belt saved my life, wear your seat belts kidos.
Wife: "Awww. Poor toaster"

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

:perfect:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Lightning blue is the best color. It's heavy, but the 3.5EB/10A is a great engine/trans combo.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Shitfest the Clown posted:

No and I now regret getting a similarly priced Silverado when I could have gotten a Raptor instead. You pay more up front but seems like you are guaranteed to get way more on the back end
I regret getting a Lariat instead of a raptor for just that reason.

I have a co-worker who bought a realtor new, out 150k on it, and sold it for more than he paid. Like, really?!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Tremek posted:

My truck is “Performance Blue” which is a little more subdued than the brighter metallic blue they also make.

I’m still not in love with the drivetrain. The engine makes horrible noises and gets no better gas mileage than a V8, it’s dumb.
Ah. Different year then, similar color.

And mileage sucks once you hit boost. And it sounds up the turbos pretty easily. But it's not bad if you keep it easy. IDK if I'd prefer the coyote. Especially if you live at attitude. Reno isn't super high, but I've driven over Donner pass in an NA V8 and it's... Bad.

My lease is up in a year, really not sure what I want to replace it. Another 3.5EB F-150 is an option, but so is a super duty diesel if we end up getting a travel trailer and doing a lot of travel. Somehow you can't get the 2.7EB on an XLT 4x4 trim, which may be my first choice, but then you can't get adaptive cruise, and... IDK. Lots of considerations. Winning the lottery would be nice.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

bird with big dick posted:

They made like a total of three of the 53k dollar ones in 2017 though so that 45k dollar used one probably had a window sticker between 67k and 71k which means someone probably paid 75k or 80k for it.

I spent months looking at 2017 raptors and don’t think I saw a single one with an MSRP of below 66k.

Most trucks have (and most people want) the 802A package which is $9500 and immediately puts a crew cab up to a window sticker of 67k.
To be fair it pretty much matches a Lariat for comforts with the 802A package, plus a bunch of off road benefits too.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

When I was shopping them they all had the 802A package ($9,365), the Technology package ($1,695), the double moonroof ($1,495), heated rear seats ($175), and the tailgate step ($375) which puts MSRP at $70,365.
Pretty sure that's the options package I would have bought. So.... Maybe add the rear inflatable belts, if it's standalone and not part of the package.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Not all corvette buyers are multi millionaires and it’d be foolish for many to not consider maintenance and repairs.

There’s also financing terms to consider.

The actual cost of ownership difference over 3 or 5 years between A 60k corvette and a 60k Ferrari is likely to be enormous
Depreciation+maint on a used Ferrari is probably close to depreciation+maint on a new Corvette.

Are there any new mid engine V8s around for half a mill or less? Something in the GT performance level? V10? V12?

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jul 21, 2019

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Can you show your math on this for, say, five years of ownership at 10,000 miles a year.

Keep in mind 360 oil changes are $800 and their 15k mike service is ~$5,000 and also that the Chevy will have a power train warranty that entire time so you should probably figure in some percentage likelihood of a $35,000 tranny needing to be replaced in the Ferrari.
Its a WAG. At $60k a ferrari has lost *most* of its value and isn't depreciating super fast, but maintenance will be murder. The vette maintenance is cheap, but the depreciation on a new vette is going to be horrendous. Its definitely rough, and I'm not saying its 1:1 exact, but depending on mileage on luck it'll be fairly close.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Residency Evil posted:

See I love oatmeal raisin so I'm not sure what to think of every other opinion you have.

You know, whenever I see a discovery three thoughts pop in to my head:
1. That looks loving awesome
2. I wonder how bad they really are/how much they break
3. I really want one

And I only live a block and a half away from a dealer! I could walk there! :v:
More importantly you could walk back each time they tow it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

My home server is a little Synology diskstation that I've had for 6 years and never need to touch. Pretty sure there's 4 4tb drives in there, but they've all been running fine for 6 years too so not 100% sure.