Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

My Jack Russell got bit on the fuckin TONGUE by a copperhead last night. She's on pain meds, antibiotics, steroids, and fluids. Swelling has gone down some but tissue is already sloughing. Rough place to have tissue death.. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

The dealer will use this situation to sell other people on the tire warranty. :cheeky:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

meatpimp posted:

And that was the point that my wife made that tipped me back into sanity -- yes, it's got a warranty until 2025, but who wants to keep dropping something off at the Jeep dealer to keep getting fixed.

It works for BMW

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I had to sign in via 2FA on some account the other day, and I received this text:

quote:

Your code is: 666420. If you didn't request a login code, please call the number on the back of your card. The code expires in 10 mins.

:nice:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

rdb posted:

To anyone who reads this thread who wants to or may buy a tractor, don’t buy a Mahindra.

I needed a tractor 5 years ago when we purchased our farm. I looked at kubota, deere, and the brand new mahindra dealer in town. I wanted the smallest tractor I could get that would handle round bales on the front loader. That wound up being a mitsubishi made mahindra 3616. The comparable kubota and e series jd just felt cheap and the loader capacities weren’t as great.

The comparable JD (I'm assuming like a 3025) is an even bigger piece of poo poo that may not even pick up a round bale on the back, so don't beat yourself up about not getting that. Not sure about Kubota's smaller tractors but the L series is a very solid and strong machine. That's what I wanted but was wayyy over budget

I happen to have an older (2001) New Holland, and I have zero brand loyalty but it's been a good machine that I've... Not been very nice to, generally. I can say with absolute certainty that whatever machine you end up with, get a loader with skid steer-style attachment. And FYI if you don't know, the one JD sells only works with their attachments. :rolleyes:

Mine was set up with front remotes and a switch operated solenoid to swap flow so I can use like a grappler or 4 in 1 bucket via the loader control, and that is the poo poo. I've had to do a fair amount of land clearing and clean-up and having a grappler has come in so handy.

Ignoring load height warnings

Grappler

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

rdb posted:

Yeah, the E series is kinda crap and I don’t like the loader system but the parts availability is second to none and the dealer service is great. Case/New holland, kubota and deere are on my list. At this point I want a cab, big loader, buddy seat, 2-3 remotes and enough power to pull the SWCD rental seeder, litter spreaders, the co-op lime spreader, a 15-20 ft batwing, disk and maybe some hay baling equipment. Its really hard to find hay this year because of the flooding. Also the guy we were buying it from died last fall.

My entire property is sloped and when I have to unload double stacked round bales off a trailer the mahindra almost always gets tippy.

Really jealous of that grapple. I have 4 large brush piles, 2 of them too close to the barn to burn. Its a lot of red cedar so they wont rot away for decades either.

It sounds like you could definitely use a bigger machine if you have enough property to think about making hay. I used mine mostly as a glorified off-road forklift, and it's juuuuuust big enough to do that. I keep that heavy duty bush hog on there as a very effective counter weight... It's stable front to back loading hay but I wouldn't try it on a side incline.

.... If you get a bigger closed station tractor, does that mean you need a bigger truck and trailer to haul it? It's a viscious cycle. :classiclol:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Dang AA.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

meatpimp posted:

Hey Rhyno, an incel losing his poo poo is going viral. Thought you'd enjoy this:

https://twitter.com/oliviabradley88/status/1148958211531268099

All I wanted was a bagel.

SWM, 5'5', w/daddy issues, NJ - is basically a guaranteed suburban terrorist

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Tubing and drinking is also fine in SC.

Technically most (maybe all, I dunno) of our public ocean beaches are dry, but it's really just that you can't be obvious with it. It's a big surprise for Ohioans who are used to Gulf coast beaches, when they get busted for open container for walking in the surf with their Bud Light can in Dirty Myrtle.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Double post why not.

LloydDobler posted:

quote:

I'll make you a nice deal on a P2 Volvo WAGON with a stick. 

Fixed for me.

I could probably be tempted. :suicide:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

If the sprayer is upright, the product isn't above the sprayer? Just trying to picture this

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Both myself and the other driver. My lawyer has warned me when that's the case Geico likes to put a percentage of blame on the victim for not avoiding the accident. But he also said if they try that he's going to tell them to gently caress off.

So far it's been a week, they haven't looked at the car yet and I don't have a rental, not having a car is a pain in the rear end.

Did you carry rental coverage?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

FWIW, lovely foam plugs do a better job than any over-the-ear muffs. At least, that's what they tell me at work and according to my hearing shift test I'm doing pretty well for going on 20 years in construction.

Obviously, foam plugs + over-the-ear is max protection.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Oatmeal raisin fudge cookies or esp brownies are the best God drat thing ever

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

From the June 2017 chat thread:

angryrobots posted:

I sold my matrix xrs to a co-worker a couple days ago, for his son's first car.

They are both good people, and I think it's in good hands.

This week I rotated off the service truck, and today I bought it back from my coworker. :v:

His son didn't care for the manual (granted it's not the easiest car to drive which I guess makes it either terrible or the best to learn a manual depending on the driver's motivation) and he had 4 vehicles in his yard counting the work truck.

So it's got 2 years and 3500 miles of wear and tear but basically exactly how I sold it. After DDing a Dodge 5500 that's something like 16000lbs in the mean time... This thing feels like a loving rocket ship and I dunno if I could be responsible in something any faster. :newlol:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

STR posted:

The clutch in GF's Matrix is seriously an on/off switch with very little slip point. It's on its second clutch, but I remember it being like that when she first bought it (new). I drive it pretty often, and I still stall the drat thing at least once a week.

I'm used to the stupid heavy flywheel and very forgiving clutch in my Saturn, so that's not helping. You have to really work to stall it.

Kinda surprised to hear that, cause the 1zz in her car has more low RPM torques, and probably a heavier flywheel than my XRS. Was it like that from new, or worse with the replacement clutch? I haven't stalled it yet (I mean since I got it back). :v:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

That engine was definitely sold in other trucks that were ok with 87, so I would think they just had more aggressive timing tables in the luxo-barge to give that fat rear end a little extra umph. Knowing Toyota, it will include provision for lower octane. Keep an ear out for spark knock and send it IMO. Maybe change the knock sensors just for good measure.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

So Walmart now carries OEM Toyota oil filters. Like, in the Toyota box.

Also they had a person roving around behind the registers that was a mobile checkout, if you were paying by card and didn't want cash back. Perfect for a jug of Mobil 1 and filter. Hopefully this will make my two-or-three times a year pilgrimage to get cheap oil slightly easier.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Yes the age gap is the creepiest part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

It was pretty bad.