Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

T-Square posted:

To be honest that sounds like something that would greatly amuse me after several drinks around a fire :shrug:

Okay, maybe a handful, not a box

Also also, I wouldn't throw live rounds into a fire pit, but if someone else did I'd take cover and giggle

A pro dad prank my father taught me on a hunting trip is to take an empty box of rifle ammo and fill it with fireworks, fuzes sticking out. Later on in the night after a few drinks while everyone is relaxing around the fire, your accomplice casually asks you to toss him that ammo box so he can see how many rounds he has left. Your goal is to very artfully fumble it into the fire and then scream "OH gently caress!!" as urgently as you can.

Watching an entire campsite of sleepy guys instantly flipping over backwards in their camp chairs and crawling around like Rambo is truly incredible.

The Royal Nonesuch fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

My dad had three of those ~12 years ago, all mint, and finally sold two off at regular prices for the time :v:

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Tremek posted:

Thanks guys. Life feeling like a bad country song right about now.

So sorry about your dog man, that's awful. In all good, dark humor though, could you stop sending your bad country music vibes out to the rest of us? Because I got a call right after I got into work at 8AM this morning...

My dad's garage went up about 7:30AM and took a bunch of my poo poo with it. Family + dogs are all fine, and the FD showed up in time to keep it from spreading to my childhood home and taking everything with it (house is even closer than the cars were, but the garage door was open and oriented directly at them so it was like a huge blowtorch). Kept it from spreading to the neighbor's homes too, thank god - there's trees and bushes everywhere and some very close structures. They think it was a short in either the minifridge or adjacent powerstrip. Some good samaritan construction guys down the street ran up and helped my dad hose down the closest part of the house with garden hoses until FD arrived.

RIP my beloved E46 and Aprilia Tuono. RIP my folk's 41 Woodie they just dumped a bunch of money into getting it fixed up. Looks like the 69 Bronco was shielded from the heat by the Woodie and will be OK after a new paint job. RIP my entire tool collection and hard-to-find spare parts for my Jeep :(

poo poo feels ultra surreal. Four different vulture-rear end scummy insurance/contractor ambulance chaser types were already lined up with business cards out by the time the fire trucks left; it's taken all of my self control to not shoo them away with a goddamn Beretta.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Powershift posted:

silver lining, that burnt woody looks awesome.

Throw some new tires on it, a little new glass, back on the road!

Hahah, you're totally right that would look great. Throw an impeccable surfboard on the roof and call it good :v:

Tremek posted:

fantastic info

Thank you, I'll pass all that along to my dad. He's getting up there in his years and I don't want him getting run roughshod by the insurance company. He's already made the call and they're sending out their own investigator stooges. It will no doubt be a long and exceedingly frustrating road.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Powershift posted:

It really really makes me want a burnt wood/epoxy woody with a nice patina

I know where you can get one with the original Ford flathead V8. Brand new rear end too :piss:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Tremek posted:

Was the garage attached to the house? Is the house damaged?

Detached, but only by about ten feet. Paint is bubbled up, motion sensor light melted and our outdoor shower attached to the house got fried but so far that's extent of the damage.