Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Did WWE have a bad quarterly report or are random talent purges just the way this game works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Benne posted:

Did WWE have a bad quarterly report or are random talent purges just the way this game works

Most mods have companies start with the amount of talent they have in real life, while the game goes "this is way too many people under contract", so the first week or so is usually a big firing mess by the AI.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pinche Rudo posted:

Sign Nigel as a commentator and Renee as an interviewer. Do any of the agents and trainers have good ratings? What's Jason Jordan's rating?

nigel is worse than punk and jr, renee signed a verbal agreement with AAA doesnt want to negotiate

our staff

announcer
marvez talent 62
punk talent 88
hugo savinovich 67
jim ross talent 87

ref
aubrey edwards talent 49
chriss massie talent 56 and we cant fire him
hebner talent 76
paul turner talent 70
rick nox talent 76

Production
Alicia Atout talent 65
Jeff Jones talent 50 verbal agreement fired and replaced by Lilian Garcia talent 79
Joe Chapura talent 84
Justin Roberts talent 89
keith mitchell talent 71

medical who cares we have four doctors three with 87 talent and one with 81

writers
david kreizman talent 86
chris dejoseph talent 84

road agent
bill behrens talent 89
billy gunn talent 66 cost of firing him 450.000 dollars
bj withmer talent 65 verbal contract so get the gently caress out of here replaced with adam pearce talent 85
dean malenko talent 97
jerry lynn talent 87
qt marshall talent 67 verbal contract so get the gently caress out of here replaced with tim white talent 85

We dont have trainers ATM

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

check if kairi, io or asuka have been released.

not yet

August 2, nothing of note

August 3, nothing of note

August 4, nothing of note

MONDAY AUGUST 5

Our war with AAA. CMLL, IMPACT AND NJPW WE LOST 16% OF PUBLIC IMAGE

AAA, CMLL, NJPW

IMPACT

WWE FIRED RHEA RIPLEY, LANA AUSTIN, CHELSEA GREEN. who should we sign

ALSO WE STILL DONT HAVE FEUDS AND OUR TV SHOW STARTS TOMORROW

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 2, 2019

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Riho vs Nyla Rose to turn Riho face.

Omega vs Pentagon seems like that would be money but should probably be saved for later down the line.

Is there a way to set up a tournament for the world title and have those matches set up natural feuds instead of trying to create feuds with no buildup for the first show?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont know if you could do that on EWR. i mean you can book the matches for the game wont regiister them. if someone want to book a tournament we totally can do it!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I just ask because depending on whether DON results count in the game, every matchup is a fresh matchup with no real beef to be had.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Oh no Rhea got on the Mansoor stream again.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Sign Rhea and Chelsea? What do último dragon, skayde, and negro Navarro have for training ability compared to the WWE firees.

Also 2nd to karmic knights feud ideas

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TV Zombie posted:

I just ask because depending on whether DON results count in the game, every matchup is a fresh matchup with no real beef to be had.

yep every matchup would be new at this point.

Pinche Rudo posted:

Sign Rhea and Chelsea? What do último dragon, skayde, and negro Navarro have for training ability compared to the WWE firees.

done

also we dont have at this point development or training BUT

skayde doesnt exist

the best unemployed trainers are

brad rheingas talent 94
ricky steamboat talent 93

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jul 2, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Have the two Kongs feud then sign Rhea to build up to a big money feud with Awesome Kong

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

Mechanics chat: The way feuds work in EWR is you decide the feud in advance, and depending their face/heel status and comparing the overness of the performers on either side (either 2 man or 4 man feuds) determines the, I want to say heat, of the feud. Angles and Matches that advance the feud increase it or decrease it based on the value of the segments and Sophie will tell us when the feud has cooked long enough to get a big blow-off match that increases everyone involved's overness.

So I'd say vote with your heart and not your head because this is a game with a smaller amount of levers than you'd want to tell effective stories.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we opened a development territory

Also we need creative people tu write from the shows little burbs about the matches-feuds and we have to have FEUDS!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Brian Pillman Jr. is feuding with Kip Sabian because Pillman has "had the benefit of a good conversation with Kip" about Sabian's history and history of working with drug dealers (Sabian denies making any connections with dealers). Pillman is even going so far as to say Sabian had ties with the KKK in the 90's. That makes Sabian a drug dealer because even if he has connections with drug dealers he has never been connected with drugs. (Suck it Kip, that's the whole point of trying to work with the Klan. They've never existed.) If you don't want drug dealer relationships there is no reason to work with Sabian. Sabian is being used by Pillman in order to show he is legitimate and true to his ideals despite being involved with drug dealers.
Pillman is going to throw Sabian under the bus to protect himself from backlash due to all the recent stuff. Pillman is also attempting to create fear within the media for Sabian by bringing up Sabian's history of using the KKK on TV shows and interviews as an example for other people.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Wrong. Pillman JR feuds with Sabian over who has better hair. Builds to a hair vs hair match

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

deal

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
We just need Jimmy Jacobs!

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Rarity posted:

Have Junglesaurus feud with Private Party cause Private Party won't let them into the party until Jungle Boy puts a shirt on

Actually do this.

Pinche Rudo posted:

Wrong. Pillman JR feuds with Sabian over who has better hair. Builds to a hair vs hair match

And this. (And/or Cavauro's idea,of course.)

Then book two tournaments at the same time for both the men's and women's titles. All of those matches can fill TV time and get feuds started for the next month. Run the semi's and finals of both at the end of August event.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
did this dumb mod not come preloaded with tag teams

edit: oh someone thought it'd be a good idea to make a women's tag titles without any teams which then with the lack of female talent makes it a bit more complicated to do singles feuds too.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
you could just suspend the womens tag until WWE releases all the women

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

I counted around 20 women on the roster if you include those in developmental and Brandi & Penelope both as wrestlers. I think people in developmental can't be used in this game if I remember right, but including Penelope and Brandi would make it so there could be a 16 woman tournament.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
current tag teams

regarding tournaments

"EWR had no official tournament function. So any time I do a tournament, I do it the old fashioned way; in the notepad, or even pen and paper."

We have to remember that if we use a worker more than three times the same event he-she will get over exposure

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DoctorGonzo posted:

We have to remember that if we use a worker more than three times the same event he-she will get over exposure

Do the tournament over multiple shows to avoid overexposing people and also give us more time for feuds to naturally come up

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
SO

We can run karmicknight feud ideas into the game OR book a tournament the first two tv shows into ALL OUT to book our champions

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
- Best Friends finish is Strong Zero
- Young Bucks finish is the Meltzer Driver (Five Stars!)

Tag Team Ideas:
- Pair Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus as "A Boy and His Dinosaur"
- Pair Bea Priestly with someone hired also in Queen's Quest as "Queen's Quest"
- Pair Joey Janela and Jon Moxley as "Wrestling's Bad Boy (and Mox)"
- Pair Sadie Gibbs with the Tokyo Cyber Squad, also bring in the Tokyo Cyber Squad
- Pair Britt Baker and Kylie Rae as "Queens of Strong Smile"
- Pair Marko Stunt with Ace Romero.
- Pair MJF and Sammy Guevara as just some pieces of absolute garbage.
- Pair Jimmy Havoc and Darby Allin ???

Rarity posted:

Do the tournament over multiple shows to avoid overexposing people and also give us more time for feuds to naturally come up

TV tournaments are very useful, lo and behold we have TV to do just that. Semi-finals and finals on one card doesn't overexpose the talent.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Might be a good idea to run the feuds but preempt them with a tournament. the tournament could have some of the feuds baked in to officially start them on screen and continue them, such as a heel in the feud cheating to win a match in the tournament, or attacking the face after they beat the heel, causing that face to lose their next match due to being beaten up. feuds are bad in this game if you don't run them for a long time anyway

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

karmicknight posted:

Yes, do this

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

karmicknight posted:

- Best Friends finish is Strong Zero
- Young Bucks finish is the Meltzer Driver (Five Stars!)

DONE

Tag Team Ideas:
- Pair Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus as "A Boy and His Dinosaur"
- Pair Bea Priestly with someone hired also in Queen's Quest as "Queen's Quest"
- Pair Joey Janela and Jon Moxley as "Wrestling's Bad Boy (and Mox)"
- Pair Sadie Gibbs with the Tokyo Cyber Squad, also bring in the Tokyo Cyber Squad
- Pair Marko Stunt with Ace Romero.
- Pair MJF and Sammy Guevara as just some pieces of absolute garbage.
- Pair Jimmy Havoc and Darby Allin ???

I will do it during the day. Meanwhile we need to name those team finishers!

A random tournament bracket for the AEW title could look like this with out current roster. We could pay some big names for their appearance IMO?

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jul 3, 2019

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

A random tournament bracket for the AEW title could look like this with out current roster. We could pay some big names for their appearance IMO?

looking forward to that Dusty/Cody 1st round matchup, Dream vs Nightmare

We could also do a battle royal, which has the bonus of only being one use of the wrestlers involved & can be done in one night.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Sign LA Park (and his son) and have them work opening trios matches until Rush shows up and restart their blood feud.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

I am operating under the assumption every show from May-July will just mirror what happened in the real world since we are starting in August. We are on a time crunch so I wouldn't mind just sticking with the real life plan when it comes to the men's title at All Out. Page vs. Jericho, and we can argue about who should win that and our direction moving forward.

That leaves us with the other three titles. I think the women's tag should be held off for a little bit, maybe a couple of months as we establish teams and alliances in the women's division. For the men's tag we can consider crowning champions or starting the build towards that at least.

For the women's title I like sticking with the tournament, which I think should look like this:

Week 1 TV: 4 First round matches
Week 2 TV: 4 First round matches
Week 3 TV: 4 Quarterfinal matches
All Out: 2 Semifinals matches and the finals to determine the champ
-If there is a 4th week of TV before All Out we can do a tag match involving the ladies in the semifinals.

I'd like to see the final four at All Out be Hikaru Shida vs. Aja Kong (proven good match in the real world) and Britt Baker vs. Kylie Rae (two women who have been a focal point of the company since the beginning.) You could come up with a compelling argument for any of those four to make it to the finals and be the first champ.

We've got Chelsea Green now, and depending on her stats, she should probably be in the conversation for a deep run in the tournament. Awesome Kong has been out of wrestling for a while now and she seemed limited at DoN, but if her stats are good in the game she should also have a deep run.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

just rust posted:

I am operating under the assumption every show from May-July will just mirror what happened in the real world since we are starting in August. We are on a time crunch so I wouldn't mind just sticking with the real life plan when it comes to the men's title at All Out. Page vs. Jericho, and we can argue about who should win that and our direction moving forward.

That leaves us with the other three titles. I think the women's tag should be held off for a little bit, maybe a couple of months as we establish teams and alliances in the women's division. For the men's tag we can consider crowning champions or starting the build towards that at least.

For the women's title I like sticking with the tournament, which I think should look like this:

Week 1 TV: 4 First round matches
Week 2 TV: 4 First round matches
Week 3 TV: 4 Quarterfinal matches
All Out: 2 Semifinals matches and the finals to determine the champ
-If there is a 4th week of TV before All Out we can do a tag match involving the ladies in the semifinals.

I'd like to see the final four at All Out be Hikaru Shida vs. Aja Kong (proven good match in the real world) and Britt Baker vs. Kylie Rae (two women who have been a focal point of the company since the beginning.) You could come up with a compelling argument for any of those four to make it to the finals and be the first champ.

We've got Chelsea Green now, and depending on her stats, she should probably be in the conversation for a deep run in the tournament. Awesome Kong has been out of wrestling for a while now and she seemed limited at DoN, but if her stats are good in the game she should also have a deep run.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so we have two options right now

BOOK SOME FEUDS

START THE TOURNAMENT FOR THE TITLES

later today the option with more votes will be chosen. we need to advance the game.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tournament

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
quick question, Dynamite is prime time, right.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Have chelsea green and Kong run a 100 yard dash against each other, I think our speed scouts are on some bullshit

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

karmicknight posted:

quick question, Dynamite is prime time, right.

YEP. We have a prime time slot on TNT

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

YEP. We have a prime time slot on TNT

We can establish feuds and run a single tournament (tag titles would be my vote), so I will technically vote Feuds.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
im voting for feuds brother

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Tournament

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

I vote for tournaments but just a Women's singles tournament and a small men's tag tournament. We need to utilize the very important byes that the teams were competing for in June and, I assume, July.

I made this women's title bracket based on my other posts. I left out Nyla, Rhea, and Sadie since they are in developmental. If we are actually able to use them, we can find a way to slot them in somewhere.