Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Also the old Hay-Pauncefote Treaty is still in effect and Wisconsin would comfortably exceed the maximum allowed gunpower for naval vessels on the Great Lakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The Alabama is in Mobile.

The Kittyhawk in a hulk in Bremerton. The Intrepid in NYC and the Midway in San Diego is just fine.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I'd really like to visit the Oriskany someday.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

<insert gif of US carrier group sailing through flooded DC in KotM>

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

hmm seems to me cordite isn't really 'powder' persay...think we can just ship it on through. what's britain gonna do? park the *checks notes* uhh...HMCS Haida in Thunder Bay?

(for those of you wondering what museum ships Canada actually has, I highly HIGHLY recommend this list for some real wtf)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LingcodKilla posted:

The Kittyhawk in a hulk in Bremerton. The Intrepid in NYC and the Midway in San Diego is just fine.

The Midway Museum is awesome and I might be the only goon who's even been in an aircraft carrier's nuclear weapon magazine (it's really boring but I'll post pics on request).

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Also the old Hay-Pauncefote Treaty is still in effect and Wisconsin would comfortably exceed the maximum allowed gunpower for naval vessels on the Great Lakes.

Am I just completely missing but that Treaty applies to Panama Canal and not the Great Lakes

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

hobbesmaster posted:

Though one newly restored Sherman driving around would be kinda cool

As seen in the James Garner documentary Tank.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

BUG JUG posted:

hmm seems to me cordite isn't really 'powder' persay...think we can just ship it on through. what's britain gonna do? park the *checks notes* uhh...HMCS Haida in Thunder Bay?

(for those of you wondering what museum ships Canada actually has, I highly HIGHLY recommend this list for some real wtf)

Haida is in Hamilton, gently caress you very much. And she's one of our most decorated boats.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nick Soapdish posted:

Am I just completely missing but that Treaty applies to Panama Canal and not the Great Lakes

gently caress, I meant the Rush-Bagot Treaty.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jul 2, 2019

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
So a little bit of SBP-DIC offset news. In the House, the number of cosponsors for HR 553 has increased to 365 with the following additions:

Rep. Fudge, Marcia L. [D-OH-11] 06/28/2019
Rep. Chu, Judy [D-CA-27] 06/28/2019
Rep. Graves, Garret [R-LA-6] 06/28/2019
Rep. Butterfield, G. K. [D-NC-1] 06/28/2019
Rep. Fletcher, Lizzie [D-TX-7] 06/28/2019
Rep. Yoho, Ted S. [R-FL-3] 06/28/2019

These districts are represented by assholes:

Alabama: 4th, 6th
Arizona: 5th
California: 2nd, 11th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd, 34th, 35th, 45th, 50th
Florida: 11th, 19th, 23rd
Georgia: 5th, 7th, 13th
Idaho: 1st
Illinois: 3rd, 14th
Indiana: 1st, 6th, 9th
Kansas: 3rd
Kentucky: 4th
Maryland: 5th
Michigan: 3rd
Mississippi: 2nd, 3rd
Nebraska: 3rd
New York: 5th, 7th, 8th, 10th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 19th, 23rd, 25th
North Carolina: 5th, 6th, 10th
Ohio: 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, 16th
Oklahoma: 5th
Oregon: 3rd
Pennsylvania: 4th, 9th, 10th
South Carolina: 6th
South Dakota: You only have the one
Texas: 3rd, 13th, 19th, 21st, 30th
Washington: 9th
Wisconsin: 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

S 622 is holding still at 75 cosponsors.

Shelby, Richard C. - (R - AL)
Isakson, Johnny - (R - GA)
Perdue, David - (R - GA)
Ernst, Joni - (R - IA)
Grassley, Chuck - (R - IA)
Braun, Mike - (R - IN)
Young, Todd - (R - IN)
McConnell, Mitch - (R - KY)
King, Angus S., Jr. - (I - ME)
Hawley, Josh - (R - MO)
Fischer, Deb - (R - NE)
Sasse, Ben - (R - NE)
Portman, Rob - (R - OH)
Lankford, James - (R - OK)
Toomey, Patrick J. - (R - PA)
Reed, Jack - (D - RI)
Thune, John - (R - SD)
Lee, Mike - (R - UT)
Romney, Mitt - (R - UT)
Kaine, Tim - (D - VA)
Warner, Mark R. - (D - VA)
Johnson, Ron - (R - WI)
Barrasso, John - (R - WY)
Enzi, Michael B. - (R - WY)

The Senate is a bag of dicks and didn't add SBP-DIC offset to the NDAA. Jim Inhofe, on behalf of an anonymous senator, blocked Doug Jones' attempt to add it through unanimous consent. After blocking the amendment Inhofe said "now, what we can do is go ahead and do what is necessary with this very popular cause."

Jim Inhofe is the chairman of the committee where the standalone bill in the Senate to repeal the offset is rotting away. Prick.

McNally fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jul 2, 2019

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Until I read this post I thought it was a neat idea. Now I think it's an excellent idea.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Fort Stewart isn't sending their best.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1145857750104268800

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

BUG JUG posted:

Seems to me we have a fair number relative to our naval and merchant fleet, I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make?

The amount of museum ships in Manitoba is a bit weird but hey, they keep well in saltwater.

I really need to check out the museum in L’Islet someday, I’ve been meaning to for the past 15 years or so.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

The Midway Museum is awesome and I might be the only goon who's even been in an aircraft carrier's nuclear weapon magazine (it's really boring but I'll post pics on request).

I took a tour of the regular weapon magazine on Reagan and holy gently caress is it out of the way. Made me very glad I didn't have to climb a ladder down three decks to get to work every day (or climb three decks back to get to the bathroom). They didn't let us take pictures though.

Also! If you get the chance, visit the Midway on Memorial Day weekend. They get a bunch of retiree volunteers up with the aircraft displays talking in more detail about them, and you can take a tour inside the E-2.

Also also, I'm super glad right now that Trump has no idea what an E-2 Hawkeye is.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Forest camo :pwn:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Also! If you get the chance, visit the Midway on Memorial Day weekend. They get a bunch of retiree volunteers up with the aircraft displays talking in more detail about them, and you can take a tour inside the E-2.

I used to be a volunteer on the Midway so I've been all through the old girl's insides (insert ur mom joke here to taste), and I did a bunch of work restoring the CIC with a bunch of old ex-Navy dudes. If you notice the callsign Gator on one of the displays, well that's my dad's old callsign that I convinced them to let me add to the exhibit.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Speaking of Naval Hulks, recent flooding refloated a US World War 2 Submarine

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
hey did we cover this bad apple

https://twitter.com/IntheNow_tweet/status/1145391549812842499

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Hes just trying to make his numbers man.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

No more copchat in the CE thread.

Do it here.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I am so loving glad I’m going to be out of DC this weekend.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I really want to know how much a brand new Sherman would cost top build today for a parade. Atleast like 2-3 mill right because each one would be basically hand built from scratch? It's not lrt ether tooling wasnt scavenged for anything else in the 70 years since we're stopped building them

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I give those tanks about a 75% chance of being broken on parade day.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I am so loving glad I’m going to be out of DC this weekend.

Looking forward to enjoying the shitshow from across the river in my backyard. Hopefully the fireworks aren't ruined somehow.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Isn't there a veterans group taking over a bunch of poo poo on July 4th, like got the permits when trmup was talking about a big parade? Or was that for veterans day? I somehow remember something like a 5k being organized for one or both of those days.

Have a few people make cardboard tanks and group run the 5k.

Those were probably the two best tanks on Bragg. At least motive long enough to get on a train. Def gonna poo poo everywhere.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jul 2, 2019

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Supposedly they are gonna drag out some LAVs too.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Lima tank plant built a 1/4 scale Abrams that was inexplicably on display at the Dayton Air Show this year. Send that.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

gently caress, I meant the Rush-Bagot Treaty.

Well never let you live this down

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

FrozenVent posted:

Seems to me we have a fair number relative to our naval and merchant fleet, I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make?

The amount of museum ships in Manitoba is a bit weird but hey, they keep well in saltwater.

I really need to check out the museum in L’Islet someday, I’ve been meaning to for the past 15 years or so.

The dugout canoe is really what caught my eye.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Stravag posted:

I really want to know how much a brand new Sherman would cost top build today for a parade. Atleast like 2-3 mill right because each one would be basically hand built from scratch? It's not lrt ether tooling wasnt scavenged for anything else in the 70 years since we're stopped building them

There are a lot of lovingly restored Shermans running around still.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I was half asleep when I heard this and zonked on allergy meds but I thought the news said Angry Orange is going to let Norks keep limited nukes.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Well Un condescended to meet him for a handshake so it's only fair the US makes certain concessions

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

Well orange furor said new so that's why i specified

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Stravag posted:

Well orange furor said new so that's why i specified

He wouldn’t know the difference. It would be new to him.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Fair enough

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Syrian Lannister posted:

I was half asleep when I heard this and zonked on allergy meds but I thought the news said Angry Orange is going to let Norks keep limited nukes.

20-60 nukes

and lift sanctions

bolton is pissed

and in mongolia

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jul 2, 2019

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Ahahahahahahahaha impeach the dumb motherfucker jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I was at work or asleep when bad chat happened in this thread (and the last thread), and I had the perfect vid for calming things down bookmarked :(

So here, enjoy this bundle of cuteness and think of happier things than your president being and idiot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W86cTIoMv2U