Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drygear
Aug 2, 2007
the frog
Interesting to see Mark of the Ninja on the list of requested LPs. I have other projects I'm working on and planning but I'll play that one for myself for now and see if it's something I feel I can do a decent LP of in the future. I didn't get into it too much when it first came out but I was going to give it another chance sometime anyway.

Also, can I nominate a game for the recommended list? I really think The Dark Id's SSLP of Nier belongs on there.
LP Archive: https://lparchive.org/NIER/
Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3382650
He took a game that originally had a poor reception and helped rehabilitate its reputation. It's now regarded as a cult classic and I'm not sure it would be if not for his thread. He presented a lot of obscure information and story bits that aren't in the game and put it all together so a game that seemed incomprehensible at times actually had a story that had some real depth to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

drygear posted:

It's now regarded as a cult classic and I'm not sure it would be if not for his thread.

big citation needed sign on that one

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Didn’t Yoko Taro call him his ambassador to the west?

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
When will Yoko Taro kiss me on the lips

drygear
Aug 2, 2007
the frog

jaclynhyde posted:

Didn’t Yoko Taro call him his ambassador to the west?
Yes.

I can't give a citation for speculation but the above combined with the fact that Yoko Taro and his publishers took note of how Nier came to gain a cult following in the West is certainly suggestive.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

drygear posted:

I can't give a citation for speculation but the above combined with the fact that Yoko Taro and his publishers took note of how Nier came to gain a cult following in the West is certainly suggestive.

It was in the Drakengard 3 thread I believe, sometime early on.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
I'm looking for some good isometric RPG LP's that aren't screenshots. Baldurs Gate, Icewind, whatever you got. Newer releases are fine too.

fake e: also I remember a LP of Diablo 2 where a guy played a no click necromancer build I enjoyed immensely but have lost. Anyone know who that was?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

queef anxiety posted:

I'm looking for some good isometric RPG LP's that aren't screenshots. Baldurs Gate, Icewind, whatever you got. Newer releases are fine too.

fake e: also I remember a LP of Diablo 2 where a guy played a no click necromancer build I enjoyed immensely but have lost. Anyone know who that was?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6u9Ia33hRQ

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

This is the only VLP of the Baldur's Gate series I've managed to watch the whole way through which speaks to the fact that it's decent. The LPer manages to walk a good line between roleplaying and showing off the game. It isn't great, though I think the problem is just that the game doesn't lend itself well to VLPs. The pace is quite plodding. It's also a LP of the original games not the enhanced editions, if that matters to you.

voiceless anal fricative fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jul 18, 2019

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Since both games have just gotten recent fan translations, I'm requesting that Majin Tensei and Majin Tensei 2: Spiral Nemesis, both for the SNES, get (screenshot) LPs. :)

I've played through a chunk of both, and they're kind of similar to the later Megaten series Devil Survivor in that they're SRPGs and on a grid, but Majin Tensei just has Fire Emblem-like battles and not the mainline SMT battles DeSu has.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

bike tory posted:

This is the only VLP of the Baldur's Gate series I've managed to watch the whole way through which speaks to the fact that it's decent. The LPer manages to walk a good line between roleplaying and showing off the game. It isn't great, though I think the problem is just that the game doesn't lend itself well to VLPs. The pace is quite plodding. It's also a LP of the original games not the enhanced editions, if that matters to you.

wow that was quick ty

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Gonna request a LP of Zanki Zero: Last Beginning in either VLP or Hybrid formats. I'm not 100% on if the gameplay lends itself to a straight VLP.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

queef anxiety posted:

Eltimar Gaming is a small channel I've followed for a while and does exactly that, and he does it at an incredible rate - the dude just churns out videos. He's very relaxed and informal, no annoying youtuber affectations. He's played basically every major CRPG on the market, and some of the niche ones too. He does read dialogue text but generally doesn't do obnoxious voices for the characters or anything.

Rip_Van_Winkle fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 18, 2019

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

Eltimar Gaming is a small channel I've followed for a while and does exactly that, and he does it at an incredible rate - the dude just churns out videos. He's very relaxed and informal, no annoying youtuber affectations. He's played basically every major CRPG on the market, and some of the niche ones too. He does read dialogue text but generally doesn't do obnoxious voices for the characters or anything.

Exactly what I was after thank you goon sir

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Requesting Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri, either fresh or a link to someone good.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Requesting a completionist LP of South Park: The Fractured But Whole. Preferably one that shows all the dialogues.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Any good Endless Legend or Space lps? SSLP or Video, either works, though only SS if it's on SA. The only one I could find never left page one.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
I'm looking for a VLP of the original Resident Evil 2, either subtitled or with fairly low-key commentary. Something in the vein of the recent RE1 for Saturn LP by Doc M, or the old ones by flamedrake that seem to have gone down in flames.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
never post

Fiendly fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 28, 2019

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Fiendly posted:

Supergreatfriend's RE2 LP should do the job. It's 100% and very laid back like most SGF stuff

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaSPgE4K0SB0q7s5srXbw_8qOoyrDbr6n

They said the original not the remake

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Uh, that is the original, unless you specifically want the PSX version instead of the PC port.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Uh, that is the original, unless you specifically want the PSX version instead of the PC port.

Doi I didn't check and assumed it was that RE2 remake one he did, sorry

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Can anyone recommend an VLP of Persona 4?

S.J. fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Aug 3, 2019

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

S.J. posted:

Can anyone recommend an VLP of Persona 4?

I've been watching a playthrough of P4 Golden by a guy called TheNiskel. Possibly not to everyone's taste, but he's chill, doesn't read everything in silly voices and cuts out the majority of the grinding. The playthrough is also a Max Social Link run, so he covers pretty much everything that you can in one run. He also did good playthroughs of Persona 3 and P3P if you're interested.

Dovi
Feb 21, 2013

Watch the giant bomb endurance run dummy https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2_Y7CxaZkI

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I've been watching a playthrough of P4 Golden by a guy called TheNiskel. Possibly not to everyone's taste, but he's chill, doesn't read everything in silly voices and cuts out the majority of the grinding. The playthrough is also a Max Social Link run, so he covers pretty much everything that you can in one run. He also did good playthroughs of Persona 3 and P3P if you're interested.

Thank you!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Is there a good, comprehensive video let's play of Sekiro?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
I haven't seen one on-site, but I am working on one that should hopefully start this month. Completionist, show off everything, etc - just need to commentate it. I've seen one or two off-site but they're of varying quality, even bitrate.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
As a lover of bad game LP's there's 1 game I really want to see completed: Dikatana. Any reccomendations?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

As a lover of bad game LP's there's 1 game I really want to see completed: Dikatana. Any reccomendations?

have you tried the one in the archives?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

It's hosted on Vimeo and they want money from me to watch it if it's still there.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It's hosted on Vimeo and they want money from me to watch it if it's still there.

Click the big red banner at the top that says Internet Archive.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

ty. I didn't realize LP Archive was hosting stuff now.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

senrath posted:

Click the big red banner at the top that says Internet Archive.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

ty. I didn't realize LP Archive was hosting stuff now.

the eternal refrain.

can someone just write a script that puts sirens/klaxons around that banner?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Now that it is out, I would love a Oxygen Not Included lp. I think video format would work best imo.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

There's A YouTuber called Brothgar who does a lot of ONI stuff. He sometimes facecams, but he's delightful.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Is there a good Starsector LP out there? I saw a review on it and it looks like a blast but would love to see a playthrough of it first before I try it out myself.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

morallyobjected posted:

the eternal refrain.

can someone just write a script that puts sirens/klaxons around that banner?

How much to crowdfund an extra webpage before you actually get on the archive that points out the Internet Archive banner on top is actually useful and not just something that's slipping past your adblock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Maybe try a plain text message with a blue, underlined hyperlink. Make the link text the URL, too.

Either that or blink tags.