Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Final Fantasy Dimensions 2 is a single-player remake of a dead japan-only gacha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Can anyone recommend any channels that specialize in PS1/2 era RPGs, but - and here's the tricky part - don't read out all the text in 'funny' voices'? I've been trying to find playthoughs of Breath of Fire 3&4 and I swear to god, everyone who covers games from that period of time wants to be a voice actor in the worst possible way.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Can anyone recommend any channels that specialize in PS1/2 era RPGs, but - and here's the tricky part - don't read out all the text in 'funny' voices'? I've been trying to find playthoughs of Breath of Fire 3&4 and I swear to god, everyone who covers games from that period of time wants to be a voice actor in the worst possible way.

Not exactly what you're asking for, but: https://www.youtube.com/@SeanSeanson Sean Seansson is all PS1 games, all the time, with a decent number of RPG's in there. He's also charming, clever and very, very listenable.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Already watched a ton of his stuff, but thanks. I'm really looking for full playthroughs, rather than video essay for a change, otherwise I'd just stick with guys like him and Majuular.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
There's been a recent surge of A Link to the Past hacks over the past couple years. Could be fun to see those in action

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Someone loving LP Stranger of Paradise already.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mega64 posted:

Someone loving LP Stranger of Paradise already.

I thought you were gonna do that after OT2?

If not, I totally 2nd the request.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

I thought you were gonna do that after OT2?

If not, I totally 2nd the request.

It'll be after finishing Xenoblade Chronicles X

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Leal posted:

It'll be after finishing Xenoblade Chronicles X

Oh riiiiight! I forgot about that!

Looks like Mega64 is going to be doing LPs until the end of time.

TitusGroen
Sep 30, 2021

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
I know there's been quite a few Aurora4x LPs in the past but I'm poo poo at using the search. Can anyone recommend and link one that does a great job at explaining the mechanics and not just using it as a story generator?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

TitusGroen posted:

I know there's been quite a few Aurora4x LPs in the past but I'm poo poo at using the search. Can anyone recommend and link one that does a great job at explaining the mechanics and not just using it as a story generator?

The search: https://lparchive.org/lpmaster/?stitle=aurora&sauth=&splat=&sgenre=&sstatus=all&stype=all&search=Search#results

Looking at the two finished LPs, this one might have what you want in the informational updates: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3474164

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3474164&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post401993544

I didn't check any of the abandoned ones, and I'll be honest, I don't know anything about Aurora. Good luck!

e:

TitusGroen
Sep 30, 2021

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

StrixNebulosa posted:

The search: https://lparchive.org/lpmaster/?stitle=aurora&sauth=&splat=&sgenre=&sstatus=all&stype=all&search=Search#results

Looking at the two finished LPs, this one might have what you want in the informational updates: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3474164

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3474164&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post401993544

I didn't check any of the abandoned ones, and I'll be honest, I don't know anything about Aurora. Good luck!

e:

Perfect! Thank you so much!

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

PurpleXVI posted:

Not exactly what you're asking for, but: https://www.youtube.com/@SeanSeanson Sean Seansson is all PS1 games, all the time, with a decent number of RPG's in there. He's also charming, clever and very, very listenable.

I really like this guy but he does really just stick to PS1 games, anyone know if there are similar channels for other platforms?

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Gonna throw it out again, but love to see someone step up to Cosmology of Kyoto. I'd attempt it myself if I could actually get the drat thing to work correctly...

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Professor Duck posted:

Gonna throw it out again, but love to see someone step up to Cosmology of Kyoto. I'd attempt it myself if I could actually get the drat thing to work correctly...

I'd love to see this, too. I always kind of wanted to do it but haven't figured out a set-up that works. Maybe a virtual machine running Win 2000 (it always worked better for me under that, even though I think it was Win 3.1 or '95 originally).

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

someone please do Ghosts of Tsushima, or recommend and offsite LP that is reasonably competent at the combat and also finished, please and thank you

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Is there any solid LPs of the Legend of Heroes series?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
One of those games that have been haunting me for a long time is Alien Breed: Tower Assault, I would love to see someone clown on it in an LP.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Anyone have a link to a good Lies of P VLP?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I don't know anything about the Horizon series except that a bunch of shitheads don't think the main character is pretty enough. Since there's a Horizon: Forbidden West LP kicking off here I thought I'd ask if there's any particular one for Horizon: Zero Dawn that's well thought of so I can binge it first?

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

I attempted this before, but I'll put it up to someone who is....well, much braver than I. I'd love to see someone tear through Mizzurna Falls

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Professor Duck posted:

I attempted this before, but I'll put it up to someone who is....well, much braver than I. I'd love to see someone tear through Mizzurna Falls
Here's one by SA member and (former?) LP powerhouse discworld is all I read.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I don't know anything about the Horizon series except that a bunch of shitheads don't think the main character is pretty enough. Since there's a Horizon: Forbidden West LP kicking off here I thought I'd ask if there's any particular one for Horizon: Zero Dawn that's well thought of so I can binge it first?

this one is a good one: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3925101&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

currently in progress...

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Lemniscate Blue posted:

coop52 completed zero dawn first: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027431

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I'd love to see a LP of Drowned God.
Failing that, anyone know any good off-site ones? Like even without the tragic and controversial details around the dev's murder-suicide (or just murder, depending on who you ask) yeah, the game does sound like a real neat and interesting product of its time.

Okay...I'm boosting this because I also want to see someone take a shot at Drowned God. The reason I'm requesting it is because I found it, got it running, got about 20 minutes in before I just kinda sat there and thought "...what in the hell am I looking at?"

This is for a braver soul than I, ergo the re-request. If any of you ARE braver, I can tell you exactly how to get it running.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Thanks!

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
Since its been completed for a year or two now and as far as I know OFS hasn't mentioned if he is planning on completing his LP of it I want to request a screenshot LP of the full version of Pokemon Reborn or if not that I just want to see more LPs of Pokemon fangames.

TitusGroen
Sep 30, 2021

Drashin posted:

more LPs of Pokemon fangames.

Does Palworld count? :cheeky:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Pokemon fans hate it, which I think makes it more of an actual Pokemon game

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

TitusGroen posted:

It's pointlessly edgy and doesn't seem to understand what people actually like about the Pokemon franchise, so yeah, pretty much.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

What is the most lore-discussion / game design discussion heavy LP of Dark Souls?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

TitusGroen posted:

It isn't really mechanically a pokemon game in any sense. It's closer to ARK or any other survival crafting game with a pokeball mod.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Kinda want to follow along with an LP from the get go right about now and the threads been kind of weak lately, so I'm gonna make the most vague request possible.

SSLP of a currently unsslped RPG

I recommend a PS2 classic like Mana Khemia 2 or a game where every other game has been lped like SMT4(I guess 5 exists now, but 5 didn't exist when I first thought of this.)

MythosDragon fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jan 27, 2024

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
an SSLP of Terranigma! Mega64, you doing anything right now?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'll resume Octopath 2 eventually, I've been incredibly busy being lazy lately.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
amen. love bein lazy :hai:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I'm surprised no one has started Chained Echoes or Sea of Stars yet

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Requesting an LP of Class of 09. Looks very funny and seems to have amazing voice acting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sally posted:

an SSLP of Terranigma! Mega64, you doing anything right now?

Good News: Blackbelt Bobman did one back in 2006!

Bad News: The images were all uploaded to some website called imagesocket.com and are lost forever.