Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Also, for anyone who wants to recommend LP's for the fourth post, please make sure you say why people should watch it. Perhaps Artix is totes fine with doing that work himself, but hey, give the guy a break! But yeah, blurbs are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mega64 posted:

It might be a good idea to split the various paths up between different LPers, since different approaches can help with the relative sameness of each Part 1 before the paths diverge in Part 2. Plus you don't have to LP all of such a massive game.

like Spy vs Spy but LPer vs LPer. hmm....

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I'm not terribly bothered, but if we want to be sticklers for staying on topic, then the Sandcastle is the more appropriate thread for discussing the myriad ways of "how to" do an LP in general, so that'd be a good place to plan the details of a Fire Emblem LP. This thread is really intended to be for request LPs and recommending them, so you might actually get more hits for advice in the Sandcastle.

edit: Artiiiiiiix! :argh:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

i was also going to suggest this.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
your childhood was bootlegged??

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Cardiovorax posted:

Is this still the thread for LP recommendations, or is it just for requests now? Just gonna ask anyway, I guess: does anyone know an LPer with a good reading voice who does (and reads aloud) long, text-heavy games? I recently figured out how to rip audio tracks directly from Youtube to my phone and I'm looking LPs that work well when you basically use them as audio plays.

it is and always will be for both as long as i mod

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
lazyfire's trash LPing abilities are powerful.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Subpontificate Poster is doing one right now that is enjoyable: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3925101

i don't know the difficulty... i'm assuming normal.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mega64 posted:

No need to reserve games, and it's no big deal if a game's been LPed before.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Hey Let's Play, I just wanted to take this opportunity to recommend and promote some cross-forum activity going on...

The Sword of the Bastard Elf!

Original a 2015 GBS CYOA thread, it was goldmined, became a front page article, and was later successfully kickstarted into an actual product! who says goon projects can't be successful?

Anyways, I bring this up now because there's an interactive virtual reading of the gamebook currently going on in GBS, which in turn inspired the author in question, Saint Isaias Boner, to do a new LP of the game--but this time using the published game book! It's been running in GBS the last week, but we've moved her in LP for people to check out and join in. SIB suspects we're not quite a third of the way through, so there's still a lot to see if you want to join in and participate.

Thread is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3943916

(and is stickied if you lose track of it)

Anways, if this sounds vaguely interesting to you, I highly recommend it! It's hilarious!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Badger of Basra posted:

Does anyone have some recommendations for good RTS LPs (besides the ongoing C&C series, I've already watched those). I was thinking something like Age of Empires, that one Dune RTS, etc.

I did a Dark Crusade LP ages ago. Gimmick being that the thread decided which province I'd attack between each turn. Had lots of fun with that one. It's an SSLP, though, so ymmv.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Badger of Basra posted:

I had already read this but just read the whole thing again because it was so good.

hell yah! i am glad you liked it. thanks! :cheers:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
ignore me. i somehow missed that kaboom dragoon was lookin for VLPs. aaaaah

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Psycho Knight posted:

I respect that.

I'd love to cater to more people by getting in to VLPs myself. Unfortunately I'm horrendously uncharismatic.

Try it out sometime! You might surprise yourself. I've had a go at most formats at this point amd it has really helped me figure out what I enjoy doing the most. SSLP... solo VLP... group VLP... HLP...

90s Cringe Rock posted:

I watch podcasts where the podcasters put up the screenshots of the LP as they discuss them.

and this too!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

biosterous posted:

any LPs here/offsite of Distrust? iirc somebody here started one at one point but that's all i remember

that was me. it fizzled out because i was real busy irl and created an overly complicated workflow for the game plus had aging hardware to record it all on. been thinkin' of rebooting it, but i'd still stick to an SSLP rather than VLP.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Chaos Argate, CJacobs, and liquidypoo are just wrapping up RE7 and are now futzing around with bonus stuff: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3975301&pagenumber=1&perpage=40&userid=0#post516664648

Argate's good at the game, I enjoy their sense of humour, and they are simultaneously informative while fun to watch. highly recommended.

not sure if Argate will get around to 8 eventually... but CJacobs has done a few solo streams of RE8 on hardcore mode.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

nightelf_37 posted:

Can someone SSLP Pokemon Girls Hunter?

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/PokemonGirlsHunter

I'm considering doing one myself if no one would.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gently caress off.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Boba Pearl posted:

Hey guys iron cross here and I'm playing a little known game called r*play for you the something awful forums this is a NO SPOILER THREAD. But first a few rules

1.) Please be mature this is an edgy game, simping is OK but insulting me is not.
2.) No prudes we're all here to charge our crystals
3.) Like and subscribe it really helps the channel when you engage with my content.
4.) Please stop reporting my patreon. You are FOOLS and CHILDREN.

FAQ

Will you edit your videos better?

No my mom only let's me use the studio for 30 minutes so I do not have time to edit out the creaking chains in the background.

Are you married?

Yes, her name is Nobara Kugisaki and we are in love.

:laffo:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Commander Keene posted:

Posting this here so I don't get probed.

:mrgw:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

MythosDragon posted:

Huh, didnt know a metric by which Fire Emblem wasnt an RPG existed.

i mean "JRPG instead of SRPG" is a valid distinction and calls to mind stuff like Chrono Trigger and FFIV rather than Shining Force and FFTactics

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
The LP Req Room - Jesse, what the hell are your LP dreams?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
please refer to the SALP rules and guidelines.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
maybe we should do another spooky game megathread

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

TheMcD posted:

A contender has to be Smasher Dynamo's LP of Baseball Mogul, which has stretched in some form from June of 2011 to the current day, including going through three threads.

these are LPs of epic length and legend. classics of SALP

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Our cup currently runneth over for good RTS LPs at the moment. two ongoing right now. both SSLP. both are covering the campaigns but being supplemented with detailed history of units and development, as well as breakdowns of use in multiplayer and overall strategies.

Age of Empires II Definitive Edition and EVERY expansion (pending Return of Rome planned as well) by Jossar: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027996&pagenumber=10&perpage=40

Starcraft Remastered by JohnKilltrane: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3965681&pagenumber=34&perpage=40

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Kheldarn posted:

OK. But what's your request, Admin Sally?

Third post in the thread. This is the request and recommendations thread :colbert: The two were combined so that we would have one fewer sticky thread in SALP.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Kheldarn posted:

OK. But what's your request, Admin Sally?

But if you're offering, no one ever did the SEGA Saturn's Bugsy knock-offs: Bug and Bug Too.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Gilgamesh255 posted:

:yossame:

That said, I also wouldn't mind an LP of the first Star Ocean, or Star Ocean 3.

Edited to make my requests stand out more.

there was an excellent SSLP of Star Ocean III a couple years ago... trying to remember who by...

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

yessssssss. this is the one. as someone who put a 100 hours into that braindead game it taught me to hate it all over again. 10/10 would recommend. fantastic LP experience.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
those 100 hours WERE a single run through! it's a long-rear end game!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I don't know anything about the Horizon series except that a bunch of shitheads don't think the main character is pretty enough. Since there's a Horizon: Forbidden West LP kicking off here I thought I'd ask if there's any particular one for Horizon: Zero Dawn that's well thought of so I can binge it first?

this one is a good one: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3925101&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

currently in progress...

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
an SSLP of Terranigma! Mega64, you doing anything right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
amen. love bein lazy :hai: