Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
I'd really like to see an SSLP of the old PS1 title Brigandine. It's a turn-based strategy game in which several fantasy nations go to war and try to conquer each other using forces of their native flappy monsters; you can pick a ruler to play, which decides your strengths and the kinds of monsters you can use.

The battles flip between sprites and hilarious PS1 polygons. I mostly remember sternly flapping purple wyverns and some absolutely murder-crazy jester king who fought with scythes and wanted to conquer the world because whee fun! Also I think one of the bad guys was named Zemeckis and I will never be able to take him seriously because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Bellmaker posted:

Nothing on the archives, but I'm looking for a Beyond the Beyond LP because I enjoy human suffering

I could have sworn I remembered reading one once, so I went looking - anyway, it does exist, but it's by a dude who got permabanned for super gross reasons. So, uh, your call!

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm having a weird flashback to an LP - that might not have been in here? - about physical casebooks where goons were given paper evidence and clues and had to solve a mystery. Like a CYOA but with more feelies. It wasn't from the Sherlock Holmes megathread, I remember that much. But... what was it?

Ugh, I remember that, or something like that. It was definitely an SA LP, and the LPer had found a pretty old 'murder mystery evening' boxed set with a bunch of vintage booklets and things? I want to say it was a murder mystery set on a cruise ship, but that's almost certainly wrong. I just have this solid memory of a photograph of the stacked-up booklets in the OP, looking very vintage with their yellowed paper.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

inscrutable horse posted:

Sounds like SelenicMartian's Murder off Miami

That's the one I was thinking of! I don't know if it's the one Strix had in mind, though.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
I also remember the old Tales of Destiny LP, but I think it was by... that guy. So, uh, yeah.