Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

discworld is all I read posted:

I feel like that was probably Zeratanis' thread, though I don't know if those are all gone now.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3409189

They're on YouTube and blip so they're still around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Herr Tog posted:

Hey goons,

stay and home fever dream or really happened. Didn't like Porklift and some other goons do an LP of Family into the Multiverse? Was Kuvo there too? And Putty? they did it in almost one go? I really wanna watch that again for some terrible reason.

You posted in Paper Lion's thread so maybe that one? Basically none of your description matches besides which game it is, though, so maybe not.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

People* don't really watch Kaizo videos to see someone do well at them, so that's going to be hard to find. If streaming had been bigger in 2007 everyone would have been streaming themselves failing hundreds of times and yelling at the game.

* obviously not everyone, but, you know

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

does anyone have a link to an old Silent Hunter 3 lp? It was a week by week screenshot lp filled with historic facts and tidbits and was what convinced me to joined the form

believe it was by oberleutenet or something similar

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3252655 they were Oberleutnant at the time but they're communism bitch now I guess

Also you're going to have extreme difficulty getting at any of the screenshots because they were on waffleimages and the person running the last remaining (as far as I know) source of waffleimages content has force-enabled https on it except incorrectly.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

SimonChris posted:

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I am looking for an old LP thread of Adam Cadre's Interactive Fiction games where Cadre himself showed up and provided commentary. I remember it started as an LP of Varicella, but then evolved into a general Adam Cadre LP thread.

I can't find anything through search, and the LP master list contains only a link to a Varicella LP, which isn't the right one.

Does anyone else remember this?

It's this, it actually started as Lock and Key which is what it's on the master list under. There's a few more Adam posts in this I-0 thread if that's the part you were interested in.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

MythosDragon posted:

Off the top of my head, the Digital Devil Saga LP had some dead images despite being archived and thats fixed.
And this Langrisser 2 LP had enough content to be a minimalist LP, and I'm pretty sure it had dead images that are fixed.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717646

There's actually more missing images on the forums copy of the DDS LP than there are on the archived one, given the timeframe I imagine it was archived at a time when waffleimages was mostly up but some of the images were already lost, as was not uncommon at the time.

tbh it's highly unlikely any LP from the period will be perfect but it depends on how distracting from the experience the missing images are

(personally it's killing me how few people knew this was doable with a userscript at any point in the last 5+ years)

Polsy fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 10, 2021

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

astral posted:

If anyone wants to help collate any missing waffleimages from the forums archive that exist in these other e.g. LP archives, we can add them. I'm not really following this thread, so if someone's actually interested in doing that feel free to post in the main waffle announcement thread or we can make a new thread in the technical forum dedicated to coordinating that kind of stuff.

Hmm, this feels scriptable since the LP archiving process is basically

1) download the HTML post(s) from the forums
2) download any images and rename them to include a unique ID number (mainly to avoid filename collisions)

and should be fairly easily reversible as far as mapping the archived image URL to the waffle one. I'll see if I can make anything useful over the weekend probably.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Polsy posted:

There's actually more missing images on the forums copy of the DDS LP than there are on the archived one, given the timeframe I imagine it was archived at a time when waffleimages was mostly up but some of the images were already lost, as was not uncommon at the time.

Having checked each against the other it turns out there's a few hundred images on the recovered waffleimages side that never made it to the LP archive version, as well as 2000 images on the archive that aren't in waffleimages, so it's win-win.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

Does anyone remember which goon(s) did a vlp of Obduction?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3832621 videos are still up but yeah, as mentioned it's unfinished.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

The Star Ocean gacha transitioned the app to a no-gameplay story reader and character viewer, which isn't nothing, but yeah nobody's done anything nearly as comprehensive that I'm aware of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

There’s only three apparent Tales of Destiny threads but none of them were complete, two are the ones on the master list (one OP is banned which may be what Picayune is referring to) and the third (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751526) ironically titled ‘Third time’s the charm’ is the shortest and was never added. Can’t imagine any of them would have made it to the archive.

At a (small) stretch there is a Tales of Destiny 2 archived LP, though it’s correctly filed as Eternia.

Commander Keene posted:

The same "that guy" as I found out about when I tried doing a Wild Arms LP?

That’ll be Azure Horizon, don’t underestimate how many That Guys there have been when you’ve got 17 years of history.