Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drygear
Aug 2, 2007
the frog
Interesting to see Mark of the Ninja on the list of requested LPs. I have other projects I'm working on and planning but I'll play that one for myself for now and see if it's something I feel I can do a decent LP of in the future. I didn't get into it too much when it first came out but I was going to give it another chance sometime anyway.

Also, can I nominate a game for the recommended list? I really think The Dark Id's SSLP of Nier belongs on there.
LP Archive: https://lparchive.org/NIER/
Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3382650
He took a game that originally had a poor reception and helped rehabilitate its reputation. It's now regarded as a cult classic and I'm not sure it would be if not for his thread. He presented a lot of obscure information and story bits that aren't in the game and put it all together so a game that seemed incomprehensible at times actually had a story that had some real depth to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drygear
Aug 2, 2007
the frog

jaclynhyde posted:

Didn’t Yoko Taro call him his ambassador to the west?
Yes.

I can't give a citation for speculation but the above combined with the fact that Yoko Taro and his publishers took note of how Nier came to gain a cult following in the West is certainly suggestive.

drygear
Aug 2, 2007
the frog
I figured I'd notify the thread that I'm laying the groundwork to start a Let's Play of one of the games on the unfulfilled list- Pathologic 2. I don't want to try to make some Definitive SA LP, this will be my own humble little thing. I have a post in the sandcastle, I'll give it a few days to see if I get any feedback on how to shape it before I start the thread.

VVVVVV Point taken. I still think of this place as enforcing high standards but it is a lot more chill than it used to be.

drygear fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 18, 2020