Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
A few notes about the Planescape LP: 1) it is incredibly long. 2) I don't know if it's still available but the entire LP was converted to a six-part PDF that's basically a novel series. 3) One of the readers fell into a coma for, like, two years and stumbled back into the forums to find out the LP was still going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's been a while so I'm fuzzy on the details but there was a post near the end of the thread that was 'hey I haven't been posting b/c I was in a coma and I can't believe the LP is still going'

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'd like to formally request an LP of Infinite Space for the DS, because Platinum Games made a JRPG with the Steel Battalion developers and apparently it's completely apeshit.

Also, there's an SSLP of Heaven Will Be Mine currently ongoing, and that's one of the requests in the second post and I figured you'd like to know.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Are there any LPs of note of the early Assassin's Creed games? I've managed to bypass the franchise entirely but I kinda wanna know what this Ezio guy's deal is.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'd like to request Shin Megami Tensei IV on the 3DS, because

• It's a very good game that was largely overlooked by the public because it was on the 3DS
  • The previous Shin Megami Tensei games all have LPs here along with many other games in the meta-franchise
  • With the release of Shin Megami Tensei V this month this is the best time to start an SMT renaissance
  • Shin Megami Tensei LPs are literally the reason I started playing those games

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Droplet posted:

Anyone have recommendations for a (preferably screenshot) LP that totally breaks open the game via exploits and/or in-depth mechanical knowledge? I just finished OrangeFluffySheep's FFTA LP on the archive and would love more like it.

The Ultima series by Nakar is old as hell but it's excellent. There's also follow up LPs of Martian Dreams, Ultima VII part 1 and part 2 to round out the series.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Oh, yes, the humour is very 2007 Something Awful, I should have mentioned that.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Have you read "Let's break Final Fantasy VI"? It's a hoot. And I will always recommend the, uh, culturally dated Ultima LPs. Nakar knew those games inside-out and I find them hilarious.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
AndroidBlues has been doing an absolutely fascinating Final Fantasy VI LP using the Beyond Chaos randomizer. All of the characters have been given new sprites, names, and movelists, and Android Blues has been remixing the story on-the-fly to work with the personalities implied by those changes. She's also been taking votes from the thread at certain major story points and everything is spinning wildly out of control. There hasn't been an update since May, but I think that might be because AndroidBlues has been tasked with redoing the opera.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Right here.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
That's why the ideal dynamic is one blind player and a co-commentator with both the knowledge to keep the LP on track and the restraint to let them explore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Planescaoe Torment got Pretty loving Long.