Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
VLP of Geist, for Gamecube. An FPS with possession as the main gimmick. Arguably weird enough to balance out the jankiness?

VLP of Pinball Quest, for NES. It's a pinball RPG. On the NES.

An HLP of Eternal Eyes for the PS1. An SRPG that feels kind of like a (very) rough draft of the NIS SRPGs in some ways, or Rhapsody with most of the charm extracted.

VLP of Tsugunai: Atonement for the PS2. A third-person RPG in which you possess people and solve their mundane problems because you stole some treasure from a goddess and got cursed.

SSLP of Disgaea Infinite for PSP. A visual novel with time looping, kind of like Trace Memory.

And some picks that should be possible to do without too much time investment, for anyone looking to bulk out their completed LPs list or dip their toes into LPing.

SSLP of Chaos Gateway, on the Xbox 360 (XBLIG). A short visual novel, lightly amusing in its dumbness.

VLP of Fantavision, for PS2. A launch title fireworks simulator.

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

flesh dance posted:

supergreatfriend played through Laser Lords during his weekly variety streams a few years ago. I haven't watched it myself (all that voice acting was too much to handle), but as far as game playing on the internet goes he's one of the best in the biz, so it's probably good if voice acting is indeed what you're looking for. My only gripe is that he had the chat displayed on the screen back then, but it's ignorable

This was pretty much the best way I could have hoped for a Laser Lords LP to be handled, thanks! Also cool that he knocked out both of the Mystic Midway games in that video series.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Requesting a VLP of Mega Man 8. The one in the LP Archive was hosted on Google Video.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Semi-weird request, but... Are there any entertaining commentary VLPs of early Mortal Kombat games? Something in the vein of supergreatfriend or CJacobs?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

It took me a little while to get used to his voice, but this ended up being just the sort of thing I was looking for. Thanks!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Commander Keene posted:

Not a narrative focused LP, but FPZero's and Tyty's LP of the Super Mario World Central Vanilla Level Design Contest 9 (there's a link to it in the OP of this thread) is two romhackers with a long history with SMW reviewing romhacker levels and sounding off about what works and what doesn't in level design. A very interesting watch, IMO, but it's a long one; there were a lot of levels in that contest for them to play through.
There’s URL tags, but it’s not actually linked, for some reason.
e: Fixed!

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 05:23 on May 15, 2020

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Requesting a VLP of Alien Incident (1996). Point-and-click adventure game set on Halloween, first release from developer Housemarque.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Are there any LPers comparable to supergreatfriend (in calm attitude and clear presentation) who specialize in or tend to feature older fighting games?