Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Did he actually finish the LP? I thought it got stuck for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Koorisch posted:

I really want to see an LP of Warzone 2100.

It's a pretty fun (and free since it's abandonware) RTS game where you can build your own customizable vehicles to find technology after the world ended due to some kind of technical malfunction caused the giant nuclear satellites in orbit to launch at every major city.

Since all the vehicles are customizable you can name the variants you make as well so the thread can help on fun/silly names.

Do I also remember right that your base persists between missions (aside from side assault missions where you send an expeditionary force far away)? I thought I noticed something like that which I really liked, but maybe I just imagined it or got confused with another game.

Either way, I'd also love to see this one.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I wasn't the one requesting them, but that's some good Clocktowering so thanks from me as well!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's a full LP of the game here, done by SA user 'discworld is all I read'. He and a friend also made an English translation he put in the videos.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I very much enjoyed FutureFriend and his crew (that's right, he's the boss, at least until they hear about it) brawling their way through lesser known BMUPs in Beat 'Em Up Bhursday.

Hard to say if the videos have more jokes or fists flying.

Unfortunately they're all avowed pacifists so there's only 3 episodes as of this moment, but it's a still (slowly) ongoing project as far as I know.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

double nine posted:

we've had to put our cat to sleep today, so if I could get a recommendation for an LP that's warm and comforting and maybe a little funny, that would really hit the spot right now.

My condolences :(

differentiating posted:

I really enjoyed Idol Hakkenden as a cheerful and comical story about a girl who wants to become a super-idol with the help of friendship.

I'd want to add Chorps' various one-video LPs, especially the videos of the 'hap Inc.' games starting with Hidden My Game By Mom, though they all have that Chorpsaway charm.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There was one guy doing an LP of Age of Empires that felt very documentarish even though I don't know how much I'd call it informative. It was really cool and different from most other LPs I've seen, it's a real shame he burned out soon after the first campaign (or maybe RL just got too busy, I forget).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I tried to play it as something like one of those Disaster Report games but the disaster is an invading army with mechs. It didn't really work for me (maybe cause I'm really bad at stealth), but maybe someone else could find enjoyment that way.