Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
So a few years back, your evil twin was doing a pretty cool Mortal Kombat 9 (the 2011 reboot) LP but, as YET LPs have tended to do, it disappeared into the archives without resolution (not sure why it was marked as finished on the master list - it got through 7 of 16 chapters). There's now a Mortal Kombat lore podcast (Mortal Podkast), and it's got me wanting to watch a video LP of the reboot games's story modes. I wouldn't mind a SA LPer tackling the project, but absent that, can anyone recommend a tolerable (no face-cam, no chat, etc) off-site LP that's complete? Preferably for all three, but separate LPs starting with 9 would be fine.

(Bonus points for an Injustice 2 story mode LP, for that matter.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Galick posted:

Been hankering for a good podcast, anyone got a good D&D game I could put on?

You might find this Trad Games subforum thread helpful:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743698

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Andromeda really isn't the sort of trainwreck you're talking about. About the worst I've heard from anyone who actually played it for any length of time, especially after patches, is that it was sort of boring and aimless. You might be able to find someone who's willing to insist it's hot garbage as they play it, but they'd really have to reach to find stuff to mock in any sort of entertaining way, I think. It's certainly no Ride to Hell or Limbo of the Lost or Sonic 2K6 or YIIK.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

I liked the premise of the idea, I'll say that much. They were effectively the Borg from Star Trek only biological instead of mechanical. The problem was that Exaltation didn't seem like it was really any kind of a threat. Oh, we see it done to a couple of Angarans once or twice and then that's it. It should have been that the Kett could Exalt any species. It would have turned them from an after thought into a credible threat instantly.

I feel like you missed some pretty major plot stuff, because they definitely can Exalt any species, and do it to some Krogans and I think other Ark folks during the course of the game.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

my dad posted:

The subtitled LP was finished, as far as the main game is concerned, iirc, it just didn't finish the DLC stuff.

And as I recall, it finished the plot DLC, just not showing off all the rest.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

queserasera posted:

Are there any subtitled video LPs going on right now other than Edmond Dantes' metro? I binge watched his last light LP and I'm looking for more LPs I can watch with the sound low or off.

The main route is over but Bacter's Darkwood LP is fantastic and subtitled with no voice acting. You'll want some sound because it's part of the creep factor, but it doesn't need to be high, I don't think. And there's going to be at least a few more videos of other runs.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Seems like it might get into (ahem) adult content.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

HereticMIND posted:

Requesting a VLP of Chromehounds for the XBOX 360. All the footage I can find on YouTube is 6+ years old, which makes it tough to watch what’s happening in game.

It's been offline since 2010, so I suspect a new VLP of it would be impractical at this stage.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Looking for a focused, thorough video Let's Play of The Forest that shows off primarily the game's narrative aspects but gets into at least some of the mechanical crafting/survival stuff as well without spending hours just base building. Ideally I'd like it to be on a post-release build rather than during the alpha or beta (which most of the coverage I've seen seems to be from). It can be off-SA but please minimally obnoxious and no face cam. (Ideally not a Twitch VOD, either but if it does the other stuff and it's off Twitch, so be it.) Thanks!

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
His Dead Space LP is also very good. I'm sad he seems to have faded from the LP scene after that - there's a few later videos on his channel but nothing substantial.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

EclecticTastes posted:

It'd be a bit of a logistical nightmare (which is likely why it hasn't been done yet), but I'd love to see someone LP Infinite Space for the DS. Of all the games made during that Sega-Platinum deal way back when the studio first started up, Infinite Space seems to have been the most overlooked, which is a shame because, while it's kinda janky, it really captures a certain very specific feeling of playing through one of those really complicated space opera anime with way too many characters.

Well, it hasn't been *finished*. Someone did start an Infinite Space LP years back, got like, halfway through and then as far as I know evaporated into the ether.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

Does anyone remember which goon(s) did a vlp of Obduction?

Please don't tell me it was Skippy, who deleted all of his content... :smith:

As for an actual request, I'm gonna suggest Diary of a Spaceport Janitor, a game I do not know much about but it looks really neat

I don't remember who LPed it but I do remember they didn't finish so it would be good to have a fresh one anyhow.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I'm pretty sure that someone did started an LP of the creepy bed and breakfast game or at least bought it with the intention of doing so. I remember they posted about their experiences with it but it didn't get much further than that.

Yeah, the game was nowhere near actually finished at the time. I haven't looked but I bet that's still true. They did a few videos over in one of the megathreads though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

Was it this one? Apparently LP'd as a toxx.

Yep, that'd be the one.