Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I saw a brief noodling-around stream of Outer Wilds and would love to see more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I'd like to see a video LP of Control, maybe à la the Prey LP by TheLastRoboKy and Coolguye. supergreatfriend did a demo play that whetted my appetite and left me wanting more.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

namad posted:

Disco Elysium
PC
SSLP prefered (video barely tolerated but hey I'm lazy and I'm not making it, so I can't really be that bossy can I?)

I mean, I just assume someone is planning to let's play this. It's basically the best let's play bait I've seen in about a decade. I checked the OP though and it wasn't listed.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3905516

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Arist posted:

yeah someone should get on that

e: ARGH YOU RUINED MY BIT
poo poo! Sorry. :smith:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

Who's up for Deadly Premonition 2 with all 400 achievements? Killing 500 bees and gators shouldn't take long.
supergreatfriend, while no longer active on SA, will be doing a full (extremely full, knowing him) playthrough on his YouTube channel. It won't be like his regular streams, though; he's going to play it through first and then do a 100% run in installments for the viewing public. Definitely worth the wait--though a blind run here might be fun, too.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Fairlyn posted:

I'd like a new LP of Yume nikki.
the one in the LP archive has notning but broken video links.
I have all 15 videos from ohmRICE's LP on my hard drive, but I don't know if I should upload them. ohmRICE doesn't seem to be around anymore, or maybe she's going by another name.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

I mean, if they were on the archive, it's because the original poster requested they be uploaded, right? Fixing some dead hosting would seem to, if anything, be helping out.
I messaged her on Twitter:

ohmRICE posted:

Hi! Thanks for reaching out about the LP. I do still have the videos, they're uploaded to YouTube actually.
Im busy with some ongoing life stuff right now, but I'll make a note to reach out to LP Archive and get the vids updated soon 😊
Yay! Her LP really was outstanding.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Fairlyn posted:

Thanks!
I'll keep my eyes out for that.
ohmRICE's Yume Nikki LP is back up!

https://www.youtube.com/user/mikoneyoru/videos

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

And pff. The Freelance Astronauts are still my all time problematic fave and I still watch their stuff somewhat regularly. I can live with Ye Olde Ten Minute Videos.
Oh, no--why are they problematic? :ohdear:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I know the excellent CJacobs has an excellent Death Stranding LP underway, but I also know he's set it aside for the moment to work on a Dead Space 3 LP. Can anyone recommend a good, thorough, not-silly informative-ish LP of Death Stranding in the meantime?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

After it's come up so many times (even lately) in the favorite little things in games thread, I'd love to see a VLP of Red Dead Redemption 2 for PS4, Xbone, or PC, voiced or subtitled.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

DMorbid posted:

After the RDR1 LP a couple of years ago, I recorded a few episodes of RDR2 with ChaosArgate and eventually came to the conclusion that even a semi-comprehensive LP of RDR2 would take forever. I still have all my footage and the episodes we recorded, but I highly doubt that LP will ever see the light of day because I don't want to spend the rest of my life doing cowboy poo poo.
Yeah, I was afraid of that. :( I'll see if I can find someone non-annoying doing a playthrough, even if they're just casually noodling around. It looks like a fun game to watch (but I would probably be poo poo at playing it myself).

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

Not a request per se, but I wanted to know if anyone is doing a No Man's Sky, or Don't Starve run. The subforum doesn't seem to have a non technical questions thread.
It's very old, but there's this Don't Starve run. Nothing for No Man's Sky on the master list.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Professor Duck posted:

Dewgy and I made an attempt at this and lost the will to finish it, but I'd love to see someone with more patience that we have make a video LP of Mizzurna Falls in all its bloody confusing glory.
Goon discworld is all I read (formerly Niggurath) did one a while back; he's pretty good at these kinds of games.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuoM6YEhavdylwtAve3AyzB62OX6a_HL8

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

supergreatfriend did a bumble-through, if that'll sate your appetite. With Halloween around the corner, though, I wouldn't say no to a fresh playthrough.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I understand that a video LP of Dwarf Fortress on Steam might be a terrible idea, but can someone recommend even some super-casual gameplay video for someone extremely on the fence about the game? Thank you!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Arcvasti posted:

I haven't watched that much of them, but I remember people in the dedicated thread for it speaking well about BlindIRL's DF videos.
Perfect! Thanks very much. :tipshat:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Xerophyte posted:

There are a few people on youtube who do very good but heavily edited video LPs for DF. Not sure if that fits your bill, as they aren't exactly showing all the steps in the sausage making process.
Thanks for these, too. While it's nice to watch a "getting started" series, it's good to know what you're potentially getting into beyond the early basics, so some broader overview-type videos will help with that. I'm really drawn to DF while also finding it incredibly intimidating with its details and granularity; maybe a combo of "here's the vast insanity of DF" plus "here's the tiny manageable start that kicked it all off" will convince me to just buy the drat thing already. Or scare me off for good--who knows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Professor Duck posted:

I attempted this before, but I'll put it up to someone who is....well, much braver than I. I'd love to see someone tear through Mizzurna Falls
Here's one by SA member and (former?) LP powerhouse discworld is all I read.