Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I'd like to put in a recommendation for Fedule's Everybody's Gone To The Rapture.

There have been a lot of LPs regarding modded games. This is an LP that should be a mod for the game. Fedule's commentary borders on developer-level discussion of the game's design and plot. Fedule has also added in an overlay identifying the speaking characters & their connections to each other, which is super useful considering that there are no visual cues to differentiate people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Move the banner from the top of the page to just below the Updates/Videos/whatever tab? And/or include it on the individual update pages rather than just once at the top of the LP homepage?

e: oh cool a thread snipe, here's a recommendation:
Let's Play Advance Wars: A Blind Run By The World's Worst Tactician (SSLP) by cosmicPostman has excellent storytelling far above & beyond the game's attempt at a narrative. I care more about the alphabetical-orderly-named characters in the LP than I did about anybody in the actual game.

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 5, 2019

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

YggiDee posted:

Are there any LPs of note of the early Assassin's Creed games? I've managed to bypass the franchise entirely but I kinda wanna know what this Ezio guy's deal is.

Geop did a really nice job on the first and the second ones.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

queserasera posted:

Are there any subtitled video LPs going on right now other than Edmond Dantes' metro? I binge watched his last light LP and I'm looking for more LPs I can watch with the sound low or off.

DoubleNegative just finished Subnautica fully subtitled!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Any recommendations for a chill playthrough of The Outer Wilds?

Pete and Amy are playing it right now!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Jamesman posted:

Can everyone please tell me your favorite VLP you've ever watched? Preferably ones still available online to check out for myself. Thank you.

I loved samu3lk's blind playthrough of Dark Souls, guided by his friend Eric. I never considered playing Dark Souls until I saw how much fun Sam & Eric were having, and now the franchise is one of my favorites.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3608466

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Danaru posted:

You gotta pay the troll toll if you wanna post that man's hole

:mods: new thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

As I'm playing Dark Souls 2 I'm feeling the urge...the burn... to watch a new Dark Souls 1 LP! I've watched all the ones in the archives (Geop's LP was an absolute delight) and now I want more - more!! Does anyone have recs? On or off youtube, goonmade or not - where do I go when I want to watch people play DS1 and talk about the lore?

i will never not recommend Samuel K's run through of Dark Souls:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMByDhVb1ANI-yoXj_cijOicR7-tZQP3E
It got me into the series; IIRC it started in the casual LP thread and eventually moved into its own, but that was so long ago I think they've all been either archived or eaten by the then-broken archiver...