Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
It's still in the beginning stages (I guess), but I'll recommend Sibyl Disobedience's Soulsborne series LP... well, if you want to call it an LP, it's more of a heavily illustrated thesis paper on thematic connections, aesthetic details and semantic structures in those games. Put simply, it's unlike any LP I have ever seen and I'd encourage everyone with even a passing interest in Dark Souls and/or Bloodborne to at least look at it; the analysis is fascinating even when you don't agree with the conclusions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Since it got an update to v5.2 recently, an LP of Streets of Rage Remake would be nice; it's one of the most impressive fan-games in general and seems to have a huge amount of content by this point. Would probably pretty much need to be a VLP, perhaps with a few screenshot parts for some of the minor options.

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 3, 2020

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Several Goblins posted:

This is perfect, thank you! I can't believe I entirely overlooked this thread.

If anyone has anymore recommendations for completionist/informative stuff in the same vein, feel free.
Seconding the megathread recommendation; it also covers the other games in the Doom engine (Heretic, Hexen, Strife) as well as Quake, though the LP hasn't quite reached the latter yet.

I can also recommend the StrawHatNO's LPs of Doom, Doom II and Doom 64 (+ Lost Levels); they're going for 100% Secrets, so pretty much completionist.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Since I recently learned that it's actually in active development again (latest version came out in October, apparently), I'd appreciate an LP of Mushroom Kingdom Fusion. It's an extremely over-ambitious crossover project that aims to combine the basic gameplay of Super Mario World with stuff from just about every other even remotely classic game in existence. The level quality is extremely uneven, but it should remain interesting just due to the sheer variety.
There was an attempt at an LP of it a few years ago, but it didn't get very far. I followed that game's development for a while back around 2010, so I'd personally be very interested in seeing another attempt :)

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Probably not a very original request, but I'd be happy to see an LP of Deltarune, any format; with Chapter 2 released it's a decently long game already from what I've heard, and the next chapter probably won't be out for a few years, so an LP of the demo should be feasible at this point.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Carpator Diei posted:

Probably not a very original request, but I'd be happy to see an LP of Deltarune, any format; with Chapter 2 released it's a decently long game already from what I've heard, and the next chapter probably won't be out for a few years, so an LP of the demo should be feasible at this point.
If no one is interested in doing one, could someone recommend a good off-site LP of Deltarune ch.2? :)

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

ulmont posted:

Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader unfortunately fades very quickly after the start and really doesn't hold up to a playthrough, based off my early 2000s memory.
Oh definitely, the final areas are mostly Diablo-style gameplay with an RPG system not really suited to that sort of gameplay. But it has some very interesting and unique story ideas all the way through, and I think it would be perfect for a screenshot LP that cuts out all the tedious fighting, So I'm seconding that request.
I also feel compelled to mention that the soundtrack is phenomenal.

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Oct 10, 2021

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Re-requesting a Mushroom Kingdom Fusion LP, since it just got an update to v.0.8; it's one of the oldest fangames still (well, again) in active development, and to say that it's "a lot" would be something of an understatement. There's a few people around here who like to LP fangames and/or Super Mario World romhacks, so maybe someone might be interested? :)

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
There hasn't been a Mega Man fangame LP in quite a while, but there's a recent release that looks... actually pretty amazingly good, with some very unique additions to the old 8-bit Mega Man formula. So, requesting an LP of the fangame Mega Man: Rock N Roll.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Explopyro posted:

I certainly won't discourage anyone here from LPing it if they want to (game's pretty good, I've played this one), but if you're just looking for one to watch, Roahm Mythril did it on youtube a while back.
Thanks, but to be honest, a partial reason for the request is that I kind of miss the fangames thread :v:

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

I can pretty much guarantee that I'll do this once Bloodborne is done because it looks amazing.

Oh, wonderful :)

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Requesting an LP of a series of very well-made Doom mods: Ashes 2063 and its sequel Afterglow. While its gameplay is fundamentally Doom-ish, the whole package is for all intents and purposes a whole new retro-FPS game, and quite a good one at that; even the story and postapocalyptic setting are surprisingly engaging, for the most part. I think it's definitely worth showing off.
Available here under 'Downloads' (all the other dropdown boxes contain spoilers, obviously),

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Since it received another update just recently, I'll renew my request for an LP of Mushroom Kingdom Fusion (it's not finished yet, but that game has been in development for more than 15 years now, so I'm not sure if I'd recommend waiting for v1.0). The idea behind that game is basically 'How many different game franchises can we turn into Super Mario World levels?", and by this point the answer is "Yes". It's an impressive and very unique thing, kind of a last vestige of the late-2000s era of fangames with their limitless ambition and equally limitless lack of common sense, but it somehow ended up actually working.

Here's the newest trailer, for an impression of how wild this whole thing gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Requesting an LP of the recently-released demo of the Dark Souls 3 mod Archthrones. It's one of the most extensive Dark Souls mods yet, implementing the progression structure of Demon's Souls and quite a few Dark Souls 2 areas in the Dark Souls 3 engine along with a rather impressive amount of custom bosses and such. The demo is already quite substantial, and I think this mod deserves more exposure :)

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 25, 2024