Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Braggart posted:

Hello, I'm looking for any let's plays of the civilisation 4 mod Fall From Heaven. I just read octag's and really enjoyed it. I know about the scenarios let's play but people have mentioned another standard play through that I haven't been able to find.

Are there any for the civ4 mod rhyes and fall of civilisation?

Thanks in advance

You'll need archives, but: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3297065

(ps check the LP master list in the future)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Can anyone recommend playthroughs of the Fatal Frame/Project Zero series? Voiced or subtitled is fine as long as its taken reasonably seriously.

Niggurath did a great LP series of Fatal Frame 1-3, I've linked to the first one and the other two are on the archive. Egomaniac, who is also great at LPs, did one of the second game.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

There hasn't been any SA-based LPs of Witcher 1, to my knowledge. At least not completed ones. There's been a scattered few attempts at The Witcher 3, but it's kind of been written off by the community here as "un-LP-able" based off of just how loving huge the game is in terms of content both with and without DLC.

To anyone reading this and thinking "yeah I can be the one" please god LP something small first so you understand what you're getting into.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Hell yeah, thanks. Will watch when I finish this loooong lp of Pathologic 1.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Could I see an LP of Atelier Marie? It's a PSX game from 1997 that has a fan translation and I can't find an LP or longplay of it in english on youtube. I'd like to see where the atelier games came from!

e: To clarify a screenshot LP or a video LP or both are great with me

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Any good informative LPs of Resident Evil 1? I'd prefer the remake but the original is good too.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Anyone got a rec of a good Rimworld LP? I'm interested in a story-heavy VLP, but I'll take a techncial one too. I'm currently watching PeteComplete's Ice Sheet Challenge but I'd like to shake it up with a different LPer.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

Anyone got recommendations for LPs that are informative and analytical to the point that they skew closer to documentaries? Somewhere between dscruffy and Noah Caldwell-Gervais.

Geop's AssCreed LPs did a lot of historical background on stuff, and Bobbin Threadbare's Deus Ex LP (and others) have cool lectures in the back about relevant topics, check 'em out.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

LP rec time because I'm having a good time and I think this might be up someone's alley: youtube LP of CDDA, it's a dude roleplaying as the survivor of a zombie/eldritch things apocalypse, and he alternates the roleplay with lots of how/why he's playing the way he is, so I'm learning how the game works and enjoying the story. Also since dialogue is a rare occurrence so far, while he does read it out in voices for characters, it's not too overdone. I'm on episode 8 out of 48 and it's a really fun experience.

Also I'll turn this around and ask: anyone got any good CDDA / similar style survival LPs? I'm finding I really enjoy the roleplay genre of LP as long as it's not humorous and I'm a giant sucker for apocalypses/unreal world/rimworld "one colonist survival" type series.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I'm looking for a long and hopefully complete screenshot LP to read, in an effort to keep myself distracted from the news. Anyone got any recs? I'd like Pokemon romhacks, or stuff that gets into RPG mechanics. I'm going to guess without looking that I should reread OrangeFluffySheep's stuff - but what else is out there?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

MythosDragon posted:

My time to shine.

On the Archive the highlights are Anything Dark Id, White Knight Chronicles, Suikoden 5, and The Tokimeki Memorial LP.
The Fire Emblem LPs are probably the best for in depth play by plays.
And Crosspeice did the first 4 gens of Pokemon really well.

I can give a lowdown on solid ongoing ones too if necessary.

Dark Id - read
White Knight Chronicles - a Classic
Suikoden 5 - do you need to know anything about the previous games?
Tokimeki - looking for it now!

Fire Emblem - not up for these currently, nor Advance Wars, I want explicitly jrpg stuff

I'll look up Crosspeice!

Please share this lowdown, what should I be following? I'm currently actively watching Fate/extra, Warcraft Lore, and Shinji Programs a Robot.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Have you read "Let's break Final Fantasy VI"? It's a hoot. And I will always recommend the, uh, culturally dated Ultima LPs. Nakar knew those games inside-out and I find them hilarious.

I LOVE that LP! And I need to revisit the Ultima ones, it's been years since I read 'em all. Good, good stuff.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

As I'm playing Dark Souls 2 I'm feeling the urge...the burn... to watch a new Dark Souls 1 LP! I've watched all the ones in the archives (Geop's LP was an absolute delight) and now I want more - more!! Does anyone have recs? On or off youtube, goonmade or not - where do I go when I want to watch people play DS1 and talk about the lore?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

oldskool posted:

i will never not recommend Samuel K's run through of Dark Souls:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMByDhVb1ANI-yoXj_cijOicR7-tZQP3E
It got me into the series; IIRC it started in the casual LP thread and eventually moved into its own, but that was so long ago I think they've all been either archived or eaten by the then-broken archiver...

Thank you!!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

What’s the longest SA screenshot/text LP out there? Battletech?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Day by day LP of a game covering the Pacific War from Pearl Harbour onwards? Yeah that's gotta be up there

Did he ever finish that?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

:eyepop:

I am jealous of that dedication.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Aside from Boatmurdered, what are the best Dwarf Fortress LPs?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I'm having a weird flashback to an LP - that might not have been in here? - about physical casebooks where goons were given paper evidence and clues and had to solve a mystery. Like a CYOA but with more feelies. It wasn't from the Sherlock Holmes megathread, I remember that much. But... what was it?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Kangra LP'd the physical edition of the Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective - The Queens Park Affair here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3920897

Neat! ... I can't read that LP either, I literally bought one of those modern editions yesterday. Looking forward to my mail so I can get solvin'!

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Sounds kiiiinda like an aborted Carmen Sandiego LP that was hype as hell but also way too much work for the LPer. It got like half a dozen updates in before dying.

I don't think that was it, but... hmm.... man.

I could have sworn that what I was thinking of wasn't Sherlock or Carmen or any other "big name" detective.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Yes! That’s the one! Thank you!!!!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

TitusGroen posted:

I know there's been quite a few Aurora4x LPs in the past but I'm poo poo at using the search. Can anyone recommend and link one that does a great job at explaining the mechanics and not just using it as a story generator?

The search: https://lparchive.org/lpmaster/?stitle=aurora&sauth=&splat=&sgenre=&sstatus=all&stype=all&search=Search#results

Looking at the two finished LPs, this one might have what you want in the informational updates: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3474164

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3474164&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post401993544

I didn't check any of the abandoned ones, and I'll be honest, I don't know anything about Aurora. Good luck!

e:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

What is the most lore-discussion / game design discussion heavy LP of Dark Souls?