Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I'd like to put in a request for The Last Guardian. Played enough of the beginning recently to know I still suck at that type of game.

Koorisch posted:

I'd love it if someone that likes old games could try out the two Imperialism games.

I did the first game a few years back (and it's in the archive now), but I never got into the second and would like to see it done as well.

Kangra fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Can anyone recommend a good LP of "Remember Me" (Dontnod's first[?] game)? The one in the LP archive has the videos set to private.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Philippe posted:

This one is pretty good. It's blind, but the LPer knows what she's doing.

Looks great, thanks!

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I'll make a hopeful request for Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader. It has a pretty interesting world set-up: A Shadowrun-esque magical awakening occurred during the Crusades, and it's now the late 16th Century. You can align your character with one of the factions, who have different attitudes on the 'tainted' races as well as what type of magic should be allowed. A number of historical European personages are around to interact with (e.g. Leonardo da Vinci is a wizard who rescues you at the start). It even takes the SPECIAL system from Fallout for character creation, which promises variety in what character you can play.

The warning is that since it came out in the early 2000s, it mostly just wants to be Diablo in gameplay. There's a lot of clicky combat and from what I hear the plot thins out a lot toward the end of the game. But if that sounds like it'd be okay for you, I'd like to see it.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

HereticMIND posted:

Are there any decent (ie not racism/fascism glorifying) IL-2 Great Battles LPs by goons out there? Been watching Wolfpack345’s Soviet playthrough and am wondering if someone here has already done one.

There's Jobbo Fett's Soviet run from a few years back which is quite fun but incomplete. Or perfectly complete, depending on your take on what happened to the pilot.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I'd like to see an LP of Perimeter, the slightly unusual RTS from the early 2000s that inspired Creeper World.

I'd especially be interested if someone did it using the update that's on Github after the code was made open source. However, that involves compiling it from source, so not something worth doing unless that phrase doesn't bother you. (Note that you still need a copy of the game for the graphics & other assets, but it's usually dirt-cheap).

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Koorisch posted:

Since it's been out for a while I'd like to put up a request for Terra Invicta.

Yes, I know the game is still in "early access" but they're selling the game and it seems almost complete so I think it counts.

Grey Hunter did one last year if you haven't seen it. Though from your request you might be specifically asking to see what it is like now.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Yeah, I definitely remember that sort of thing. It wasn't my SHCD one but it helped me get back into it. You could visit each person's room, I think, to question them about topics. There was a map and it was something like a cruise ship or similar closed space (I'm pretty sure how the rooms were laid out was important for establishing the order of events). There may have been more than one case to solve.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Lifroc posted:

I have read the entire thread over the past few months... and my thirst for LPs still isn't quenched.

I would appreciate your help and any recommendation of either:

- A Let's Player channel on YouTube that does comprehensive LPs of obscure games, ideally horror but not necessarily.

- World-class, in-depth video LPs. The classic, must-watch ones. I care about getting immersed in the game and lore, rather than the author having a fun personality.

For comparison, my favorite let's player is supergreatfriend, and I'm looking for other series on the level of his Deadly Premonition LP, Siren (my favourite LP of all time), Illbleed.

I also am a massive fan of Research Indicates "Jurassic Park Trespasser" which equally qualifies as a masterpiece.

EDIT: forgot to add the Deus Ex lectures by ThreadbareInc as another good one.

Any other recommendation of that caliber?

If you're into the fairly specific niche of 90's adventure games, check out Rocket Baby Dolls. He tries to cover as much of the game as possible (and there's the 'occasional surprise' of a more modern game thrown in).

Since it ticks the horror and relatively obscure boxes, you might also like the Dark Pictures LPs of forums user Jamesman. He's been going through them over the last few years, and will possibly get to the latest one at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Professor Duck posted:

Gonna throw it out again, but love to see someone step up to Cosmology of Kyoto. I'd attempt it myself if I could actually get the drat thing to work correctly...

I'd love to see this, too. I always kind of wanted to do it but haven't figured out a set-up that works. Maybe a virtual machine running Win 2000 (it always worked better for me under that, even though I think it was Win 3.1 or '95 originally).