Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
It'd be a bit of a logistical nightmare (which is likely why it hasn't been done yet), but I'd love to see someone LP Infinite Space for the DS. Of all the games made during that Sega-Platinum deal way back when the studio first started up, Infinite Space seems to have been the most overlooked, which is a shame because, while it's kinda janky, it really captures a certain very specific feeling of playing through one of those really complicated space opera anime with way too many characters.

Also, for a recommendation, I noticed that Jerusalem's LP, Medieval II: Total War: A Scotsman in Egypt doesn't seem to have made the list, despite being a strong contender for the best-written narrative LP of all time. If nothing else, it's the only time a Let's Play has actually made me tear up a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
I was just recently reminded that this game existed, and I definitely would love to see an LP of City Shrouded in Shadow, which is basically a Disaster Report game, except the disasters are Godzilla, Ultraman, Gamera, Evangelion, and Mobile Police Patlabor. The main issue is its Japan-only status, so it kinda hinges on someone being willing to do the "basically translate and subtitle the game on top of LPing it" thing, which, granted, has happened a number of times in the past, but it's always a big reason some titles take a while to show up here.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

Aside from Boatmurdered, what are the best Dwarf Fortress LPs?

Matul Remrit (danced the dregs)

Headshoots and Syrupleaf (also in the archive) are also pretty great. I'm sure there have been other great games of DF, but the ones that made it to the archive are all fantastic.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

By popular demand posted:

NGL, with all the poo poo going down I'm really happy this pompous rear end just decided to give out some more of his genius onto the world.
We could all use someone to point and laugh at.

I've always felt that MDickie was such a benign sort of windbag that there was always a bit of genuine affection for him. Like the Brainy Smurf of game design. The pompousness is part of why we love engaging with his work. Also, goofy as they can be, his games do exhibit a certain degree of ambition, and I respect that even in this age of cheap asset flips, he seems to be making everything from scratch himself.

Definitely seconding (fourthing?) the request to LP that new game of his. Maybe if he makes enough sales, we'll finally get The You Testament 3, which I assume will be his take on the life of Moses (or maybe he'd swerve on us and go for Siddhartha Gautama).

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

I just remembered, GenpeiTurtle's lovely Maken Shao LP was one of the few to be completely lost following the death of Google Video (it didn't even get uploaded to the Internet Archive), so it'd be great if some enterprising soul could take a whack at making a replacement.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Koorisch posted:

Phantom Doctrine a interesting game that I've not seen too much of but it seems neat.

Can confirm that Phantom Doctrine is, indeed, pretty neat, and I'd also enjoy seeing someone LP it.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

TitusGroen posted:

Does Palworld count? :cheeky:

It's pointlessly edgy and doesn't seem to understand what people actually like about the Pokemon franchise, so yeah, pretty much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

You know, one LP in the archives that, to my knowledge, completely failed to survive the transition from Google Video to Youtube, was GenpeiTurtle's subtitled LP of Maken Shao. I got to watch it once, but once Google bought Youtube and didn't do anything to preserve their own videos, I haven't gotten to watch it since. It'd probably be a fair bit of work to do, but it would be really cool if someone could LP that weird little gem again sometime.