Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
for SSLPs of someone absolutely breaking a game open, I'd recommend Orange Fluffy Sheep's LPs of Digimon World and Final Fantasy Tactics

Digimon World includes OFS having a friend analyse the game code to figure out how to get a Hercules Kabuterimon because the requirements are so completely obscure and uncertain, among other things, and FFT includes him beating that Riovanes Castle fight in three turns

morallyobjected fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

As a lover of bad game LP's there's 1 game I really want to see completed: Dikatana. Any reccomendations?

have you tried the one in the archives?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It's hosted on Vimeo and they want money from me to watch it if it's still there.

senrath posted:

Click the big red banner at the top that says Internet Archive.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

ty. I didn't realize LP Archive was hosting stuff now.

the eternal refrain.

can someone just write a script that puts sirens/klaxons around that banner?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

For me, absolutely NO going off topic. Talk about the game, what's going on plot wise, what you're doing and why.

The next to last VLP I tried to watch was the one where they played all of the Mario games, and it quickly devolved into talking about the Fast And Furious movies. I'm not here for that. I stopped following the thread at that point.

The last VLP I watched was Simply Simon doing the Gameboy Castlevania games. I watched them all the way through, the first VLP I've ever done that for. He talked about the game, the game play, what he was doing and why.

yeah, RunButton is more of a podcast with video game footage that way, which is great if you happen to enjoy them talking about stuff (I do), but not so great if you want an LP.

for my money, my two favourite VLPs that come to mind are BrainWeasel's FFXII (IZJS) and Just A Friend's Spyro 2/3. the former is subbed, and it's greatly improved with the thread, and the latter has a bunch of game breaking including swimming through the sky

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I know I'm late for this, but Kirby's Epic Yarn by JordanKai and Ikwaylx is about as wholesome as it gets (he goes the whole time trying to avoid attacking any Waddle Dees)

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
is there a good LP of Control out there, preferably with someone going into the lore stuff as they go? I've played it and I love it but I feel like there's probably story stuff I didn't pick up on.

Even just a video of lore stuff would be okay if there's a good one.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

sweet, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

MajestyMastery posted:

I have a kind of unusual idea for a game, and I wanted to get some feedback from anyone interested.
I've written up the beginnings of a army combat game that could be integrated into Pathfinder, or with some work a lot of different RPGs. I've got some players rounded up, and I want to post their gameplay on the forums and have a bunch of thread interaction, a la Paradox-type threads or the Battletech thread. Politicking and faction development, as well as giving orders to the players who may or may not follow them.
My main concern is, since it's a game of my own making, is this a good place for the LP?

I don't think there's any reason it couldn't be posted here. a game is a game, and sometimes people like being able to interact with the people who make them.

I mean, we had a rock paper scissors LP here once.