Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

I would adore seeing Gihren’s Greed—Menace of Axis V or New Gihren’s Greed be attempted by some poor, ill-prepared schmuck enterprising goon with a can-do attitude and a keen eye for strategy. I think there’s an English patch for Menace of Axis V in the works over yonder on 4chan’s /m/ board, come to think of it. Maybe they could use that?

EDIT: poo poo, didn’t see that it was already on the list.

HereticMIND fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Oct 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Dumb idea, but recently I’ve been watching fucktons of playthroughs of NCAA Football 14’s Dynasty Mode. Basically, the premise is that you play as a head coach of either an already established school or a custom team and build your team from the ground up by recruiting new players, improving on the ones you already have and by seeing the fruits of your labor as you play games.

Would be interesting to see how the goons do it, especially if someone wants to lean heavily into the roleplay aspects of it.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Professor Duck posted:

Absolutely not stupid. I'm with you on watching a whole lot of Dynasty mode. Also lets me know that at least SOMEONE might be into that. :v:

I've been toying around with a few ideas on where to go with something like that, and also toying around with editing statistics and ratings, and making things more "interesting" (if you call playing games where everyone is a 40 overall "interesting"....it does lead to some hilarious outcomes). I'm hoping to start in a few months, when I maybe have the time to actually get into it.

Hope that might whet your appetite.

Noiiiiiiiiice.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Requesting a VLP of Chromehounds for the XBOX 360. All the footage I can find on YouTube is 6+ years old, which makes it tough to watch what’s happening in game.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Ok, so hear me out. This is a very dumb idea, but it just won’t leave me alone until I put it out there into the universe. I would like to see an SSLP of Franchise Hockey 7…but played out like a college football story.

What I mean is that the LP would follow one college’s path to the National Championship (or several), but instead of football, it’s hockey. If you need further details (lore, worldbuilding, the like), please do not hesitate to PM me. I have spent WAY too much time trying to think this through.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

nightelf_37 posted:

Can someone SSLP Pokemon Girls Hunter?

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/PokemonGirlsHunter

I'm considering doing one myself if no one would.

:wtc:

Where’s my Skeletor gif when I need it…

Wait, run that last part back.

quote:

I’m considering doing one myself if no one [else] would.

loving hell no. Don’t you loving dare.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Jamesman posted:

I will LP this game unless you pay me not to.

I will loving report you if you do.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

To at least divert attention away from the (admittedly well earned) smack down/utter roasting of nightelf, I’d like to politely request that someone do a VLP of a mega-campaign style LP of Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock. There’s enough content there that I think doing one would be warranted, plus there’s (from what I can tell/remember from watching videos of it) save-game carryover (ie, you can import your save files to the next campaign), so there’s no need to worry about hand-converting files to make sure that everything is compatible.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

HiroProtagonist posted:

this would be very cool and i'd watch one as someone who has managed to either burn out or gently caress up every attempt of my own.

it's not hard or anything, per se, just needs a touch better rather than being me who needlessly draws things out because i want fleet comps to be perfect

Thing is that I think Grey Hunter did an LP of the base campaign, but my memory’s fuzzy on that and whether or not he did any of the DLC campaigns.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

I’ve got two suggestions for folks who are looking for something new to LP:

A VLP of MechWarrior 5, either campaign or career (sandbox mode) (includes both Heroes of the Inner Sphere and Legend of the Kestrel Lancers DLC). Been playing this on the PS4 (don’t have a PS5 even though the version I bought came with a PS5 version; but then again, who does?) and it’s…the kindest words I can level towards it are the it’s competent and that I don’t have to grind too much to get what I want. It’s fine. I just wanna see how someone else handles it.

An SSLP of Pathfinder: Kingmaker (unless there’s one currently in progress already) (includes all the DLC). Again, the kindest thing I can say about it is that it’s competent at what it does (which is being a cRPG based on the unholy nightmare that is the Pathfinder system). I mean, I’d do it, but I don’t think I have the chops to really tear into it when needed.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

To get things back on track…

I’ve been recently playing the Digimon World DS games (specifically World DS, Dusk, and Dawn), and have come to the conclusion that someone REALLY needs to do these games back to back to back (as in a marathon/megathread). Would love to see the madness that ensues.

To whit, I’d like someone to LP (either VLP or SSLP) Digimon World DS, Digimon World Dusk/Dawn (these can be done simultaneously or one after the other), and Digimon World Championship.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Been playing lots of Rebel Galaxy: Outlaw for PS4 lately and I’m having an absolute blast playing it (even if it is grindy as hell). I’d love to see a VLP of it to gauge what other people think of it. It’s basically if Firefly and Star Trek had a baby and that baby was raised by both Elite: Dangerous and Ace Combat.

TL;DR: I am requesting a VLP of Rebel Galaxy: Outlaw.

(PS: While I’m at it, I’m also going to ask for someone to do the original Rebel Galaxy as a VLP— I know that Jossar did an SSLP of it, but I feel that an SSLP really misses out of a lot of the nuance and flavor that a VLP can capture)

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Been watching a bunch of Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts on YouTube (specifically on BrotherMunro’s channel) and have developed the insistent need for someone to do a narrative SSLP of Rule the Waves 2 as the United States, starting in 1900, because I crave that delicious patriotic 2D naval violence that only a game built for grognards can provide.

I would love to see someone do a long (1890-1950) campaign in UA:D, but it doesn’t have the US yet, nor does it have aircraft carriers, so that’s out.

TL;DR: I humbly suggest that someone please do a Rule the Waves 2 campaign (1900 start) as the USA, please.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Are there any decent (ie not racism/fascism glorifying) IL-2 Great Battles LPs by goons out there? Been watching Wolfpack345’s Soviet playthrough and am wondering if someone here has already done one.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

This might get a bit lost, what with everyone suggesting ~super spoopy games~ for the end of October, but I’d like to suggest that someone please do a VLP of Horizon: Forbidden West. It’s an absolutely beautiful game that builds off of Zero Dawn in every way possible in terms of story, game mechanics, music, level design…it’s just a good game. It’s also the closest thing we’ll ever have to a full on Xena: Warrior Princess or Red Sonja game that DOESN’T make its protagonist a sex icon in a misogynistic manner, but that’s beside the point.

I’m not sure if someone has already done it, though, so that’s why I’m suggesting. If someone did, please, point me to it?

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Having been binging on Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord on the PS5 for the past few days and I cannot put it down for the life of me. It’s just a fancier, updated, streamlined, prettier version of Warband but somehow it has its grubby little hands all over me and I don’t really know why. I’ve got a good save going right now on the easiest difficulty but I’m still having a blast clearing bandit hideouts, solving problems for random citizens, and just trying to keep the lights on for my band of mercenaries to thrive.

I am humbly requesting, then, that someone please do a VLP of Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord. As much as an SSLP (or even a Hybrid LP) might be a better fit, a VLP does much more justice, I feel, in making the game stand out.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Currently watching Wolfpack345’s modded Cold Waters playthrough and I’m getting all sorts of Tom Clancy vibes from it. The base (unmodded) game is about submarines dueling one another beneath the waves (think The Hunt for Red October, but with the “sucking of NATO’s/USA’s dick” elements toned WAY the hell down), and the mod Wolfpack is using adds TONS of surface vessels (plus subs!) AND the ability to play as said vessels.

I would like to request a hybrid LP for this game and a NATO playthrough— as cool as it would be to see a Soviet one, it doesn’t really look like it would be fun to play.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Koorisch posted:

I see that Warzone 2100 is off the list again so here I am again to ask for it being LP'd.

Heavily seconding this.

Also, having (re)watched MandaloreGaming’s excellent review of the series as a whole, I am humbly requesting someone LP the Marathon Quadrology(sp?), starting with Pathways Into Darkness and ending with Marathon: Infinity. Why? Because why the gently caress not.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Been playing/powering through Marvel’s Midnight Suns for the PS5 these last few days (got the Legendary Edition for a goddamn song; ~$30 USD instead of the usual $100), and I’ve enjoyed it. It’s one part XCOM, one part third-person exploration, one part deck building, and one part superhero friendship simulator. It’s such a weird mix that I love it to bits. The dialogue does harken to the MCU’s style of snark, which may grate on some people, but it’s so wonderfully written and expertly voiced by a banger of a cast (Matt Mercer, Laura Bailey, Steve Blum, Brian Bloom, Erica Lindebeck, Micheal Jai White, and more!) that I can’t help but sigh wistfully whenever I hear it.

Basically, you’re in control of not just the Avengers, but also Wolverine, Spider-Man, Blade, Robbie Reyes as Ghost Rider, Magik from The New Mutants, and friggin’ Nico Minoru of the goddamn Runaways as they fight a demonically powered up HYDRA. And there’s DLC that adds four new* characters to the mix (well, three and a half, but if ya know why I’m saying that, ya know). Plus there’s HYDRA Bob! He’s only there for a split second, but he’s there!

So, allow me to request that Marvel’s Midnight Suns and its DLC be VLP’d by a particularly adventurous goon. It’s very much worth the time and effort to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Would love to see someone do a VLP of Pacific Drive, a relaxing game about driving around the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. Ignore the screaming coming from your geiger counter; everything is fine! There’s nothing to worry about!

HereticMIND fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 3, 2024