Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

inscrutable horse posted:

What are some good, thorough metroidvania LPs? I've been bingeing the obvious ones (Metroids and Castlevanias) on the archives, and it seems it's one of those genres I just don't get tired of watching. Informative and skilled 100% runs are preferable; I just don't have the patience to watch someone go in blind, and flail about aimlessly.

Might I interest you in my LP of Momodora Reverie Under the Moonlight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Leal posted:

I would like to formally request an LP of updated YIIK

Don't worry I got you. I've been suffering for the past month. More fun stuff to talk about including alpha/beta demos, my continued search for the third ending and what I think it really is, watching videos from YIIK's own "Lore master" in regards to the game's story and how everyone doesn't get it, and what the YIIK fanbase has been up to these past few years. (It's not good) It's a freaking YIIK buffet!

But I'm holding out for I.V. before beginning anything.

Combat Lobster fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jun 14, 2022

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

And this one if you feel you can stomach a second helping, because I feel Diacorn and Modewondershot's genuine attempt to understand YIIK is worth mentioning, because their observations are the only reason why I can't discredit the dumb lore videos I've been suffering through. And I could go into it, hell I want to, but I don't wanna derail the thread. (And I don't want the YIIK fans finding this post and emailing me about it again.)

nine-gear crow posted:

Its creator(s) was a Dunning-Kreuger-powered ball of hubris that didn't take criticism well and they've spent the past two years basically rebuilding the game from scratch to try to patch in a proper story and an ending that makes sense time time which is coming... eventually.

To be fair to Ackk, they've been keeping their twitter active with updates, previews, and even live demos of the new update; so at the very least, poo poo is getting done. Also they're not really redoing the story, it's still gonna be more or less the same as before. Their aim with this overhaul is to make the story easier to understand, because as you could imagine, a number of players weren't really eager to do another playthrough after their first. Ackk wanted players to dig deeper after playing it a couple times and notice that the game had "Layers". (The lore master's words not mine.) Again, I don't wanna get into it until I go through with LPing YIIK.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Forget YIIKV2, just watch this dude's rewrite of the story about Alex's quest to save breakfast it's better for you.

Yiik Rewriit

Combat Lobster fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jun 18, 2022

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Capfalcon posted:

Is it really ok to solicit self harm like this???

I mean, I'd bookmark the thread in heartbeat, of course, but I'd feel a little guilty.

It's just a demo to generate hype. The full release isn't till some nebulous timeframe of Spring.

I'll probably play it for the sake of the full LP I'm planning.