Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Planescape: Torment by Shadow Catboy is a well-done novelization of a game mostly known for having excellent writing, complete with a well-done framing device exclusive to the LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

I'm pretty curious about Trails of Cold Steel and maybe its sequels being LPed, mostly because of what I've heard about how much writing went into the lives of its NPCs. I'd ask for Trails from Zero and Trails to Azure too, but they haven't been localized and I'm not counting on someone to do that all by themselves.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Kerning Chameleon posted:

I made this same request a couple years ago, but in light of recent events, I think there should be an informative LP of The Division 1, because I always felt it suffered from the Elder Scrolls problem of having fantastic lore nuggets trapped in an otherwise utterly generic and kinda bad game. It'd be nice for people to be able to actually see all the intricate worldbuilding of post-pandemic NYC without having to slog through bullet sponge enemies and an unsatisfying loot treadmill themselves.

Also, to discuss the elephant in the room that it's ultimately a game celebrating the supremacy of unchecked state power to keep the ungrateful untermenchen hordes from annihilating society from within.

:yeah:

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

MythosDragon posted:

Just finished reading a SMT 4-2 LP and it wowed me after less than stellar opinions of 1, 3 and 3-2. I initially found it over a year ago, but put it off hoping someone would make one of Shin Megami Tensei 4 SSLP but thats not happened and I caved, so here I am to request it. The archived LP of 2 is super dated with tiny images that give me a headache so if it doesn't step on anyone's toes, I'd like to request Shin Megami Tensei 2 SSLP as well, especially if FrankZP is around and willing to give it another try.

I tried to use the nice succinct link, but couldnt get it to work, but here's a link to the LP since its off site. https://www.lp.zone/t/if-you-see-the-buddha-on-the-road-kill-him-lets-play-shin-megami-tensei-iv-apocalypse/1827

I'd love to get on the SMT4 LP, but I'm not 100% sure my computer can emulate it. I'll give it a shot soon.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

IIRC, didn't one of them say that one hadn't aged well?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

PurpleXVI posted:

I would in fact be interested in an SC2 LP, ideally by someone who hates the loving writing as much as I do, considering that it got absolutely too bad, combined with some painfully dull gameplay, for me to put up with past the Zerg campaign(and frankly it's a wonder I even gave it that much of my time).

I was very confused because I thought you two were talking about Star Control 2 at first.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This time, the poop is touching us.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

YggiDee posted:

I'd like to request Shin Megami Tensei IV on the 3DS, because

• It's a very good game that was largely overlooked by the public because it was on the 3DS
  • The previous Shin Megami Tensei games all have LPs here along with many other games in the meta-franchise
  • With the release of Shin Megami Tensei V this month this is the best time to start an SMT renaissance
  • Shin Megami Tensei LPs are literally the reason I started playing those games

I would love to do this. I'll have to see if I can get it running on Citra, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Nea posted:

having said that someone should lp NEO: TWEWY game's good

I've seen a goon in the Discord server say they're working on it. If that falls through, I'll get to it eventually.