Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

queef anxiety posted:

I'm looking for some good isometric RPG LP's that aren't screenshots. Baldurs Gate, Icewind, whatever you got. Newer releases are fine too.

fake e: also I remember a LP of Diablo 2 where a guy played a no click necromancer build I enjoyed immensely but have lost. Anyone know who that was?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6u9Ia33hRQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Breadmaster posted:

That's the one! But looking at the master list, I guess I was wrong about there being an LP of it. I was sure I remember watching it way back on Grimfiend

There was a LP for Republique, which is a similar game.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

drkeiscool posted:

Wait, I thought there was only one shmorky drama! Was there another??

No, there wasn't, this is just the old hat poo poo being trudged up again

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dash Rendar posted:

your childhood was bootlegged??

Please, Dash, its "Footwear Impaired"

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Knowing myself and ChaosArgate, its only a matter of time before we cover it and other Kojima games in a slightly worse manner than Chip and Co.

It's worse because of me.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Boy, I remember trying to co-commentate that game once... many moons ago.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mycroft Holmes posted:

that was when i tried to lp it. i suck at lping.

:(

I can take up the mantle, but I can't promise I'll get to it quickly.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mystic Stylez posted:

I know this sounds dumb/kind of an oxymoron but is there any video LP where what's going on in the screen doesn't matter as much as the commentary? I'm mainly looking for poo poo I can just play and listen while getting to sleep (instead of watching) and I'm kinda tired of the same podcasts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6u9Ia33hRQ

If you just wanna listen to a dude be chill and play Diablo II without attacking anything directly

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
https://lparchive.org/Saints-Row-2/

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Several Goblins posted:

Could anyone recommend me any informative videos LPs of older (1990s, early to mid-00s) FPS games? I've been watching a bit of Civvie11 on YouTube lately, he's not an LP'er, but it's made me want to watch more people be really knowledgeable about games like Blood and Unreal up to Deus Ex and NOLF.

Bobbin Threadbare's Deus Ex and Thief videos are perfect examples of what I'm looking for. Not terribly pedantic about the release timeframes, much more interested in completionist stuff/development history/etc.

Can't recommend enough the DOOM megathread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772902

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Is there a pokemon ROM where pokemon are the trainers and trainers are the pokemon?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TitusGroen posted:

So, are you trying to request LPs or are you trying to announce them? Almost every post you’ve made states you’ll probably do it yourself.

Subtle interest checks to gauge if they'll be internet popular through this one weird LP

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

nightelf_37 posted:

Definitely stupid mistake. I figured SA would be the place for mature stuff. Clearly that's not flying well if my recent reputation means anything.

I think that you are hurt by the reception from this community about your desire to let's play a pokemon sex fetish romhack. Why do you think it is a good idea to publicly post and write about such a game at length, where heavy censoring would be required, even if the game was somehow equal to great literary works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

PurpleXVI posted:

I was planning to do a DOS2 LP at some point, but I've yet to figure out the trick to make the game recordable with OBS.

Screen capture, most likely

Also thirding a DOS 1&2 lp