Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Just wanted to throw in that Dewgy and I have Lagrange Point from the request list covered :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

HereticMIND posted:

Dumb idea, but recently I’ve been watching fucktons of playthroughs of NCAA Football 14’s Dynasty Mode. Basically, the premise is that you play as a head coach of either an already established school or a custom team and build your team from the ground up by recruiting new players, improving on the ones you already have and by seeing the fruits of your labor as you play games.

Would be interesting to see how the goons do it, especially if someone wants to lean heavily into the roleplay aspects of it.

Absolutely not stupid. I'm with you on watching a whole lot of Dynasty mode. Also lets me know that at least SOMEONE might be into that. :v:

I've been toying around with a few ideas on where to go with something like that, and also toying around with editing statistics and ratings, and making things more "interesting" (if you call playing games where everyone is a 40 overall "interesting"....it does lead to some hilarious outcomes). I'm hoping to start in a few months, when I maybe have the time to actually get into it.

Hope that might whet your appetite.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

queserasera posted:

Anybody else ever been in this position?

Pretty much the reason I only decided to start doing LPs with Dewgy--we have a chance to play off of each other and its (probably) more interesting that just listening to me.

I have started doing my own stuff with the NCAA 14 thread, though, so I'm feeling more confident about it. It takes some work, and if you need to, find another person to use. I can give you tips on setup, or even hop in as a guest commentator on one or two! I don't have name recognition like some of the others that have responded to you, but I'd be available if I can work it with my schedule! :v:

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Disappointing Pie posted:

I've been in a funk lately. Are there any fairly recent like the last few years funny group Let's Players around anymore? People that get along well, they don't have to be hilarious as long as they are having fun. I remember several groups I greatly enjoyed going on nearly probably ten years ago but it's hard to find a good group LP anymore.

Uh...I don't know if I might get smacked for this, but Dewgy and I seem to fit your bill, if you want a "group" to check out

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

The former is very much what I was looking for. Loved the original XCOM and still play it today, but TFTD always felt like an unfair, unfun slog that you had to metagame to beat, so thanks!

IIRC, the difficulty got jacked WAY up in TFTD because there was a bug in the original XCOM release that reverted any difficulty selection back to "beginner" and having players complain that XCOM was too easy

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

All of the PS1/PS2 King's Fields, both Shadow Tower games, and Eternal Ring, to be exact :v:

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

inscrutable horse posted:

Still got the thread bookmarked, hoping you guys will pick up Evergrace as well, after it was described as being batshit :D

We're trying to refresh ourselves by doing stupid sports one-offs right now (after a aborted run at Mizzurna Falls went to absolute poo poo), but I'll run it past Dewgy and see what he thinks!

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Mega64 posted:

Someone should do a fantasy football LP, go into the nitty-gritty and also invite LP people into a league and go into the details of just what fantasy football entails.

I don't think I'd be the goon to do it, but I'd be up for that.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Dewgy and I made an attempt at this and lost the will to finish it, but I'd love to see someone with more patience that we have make a video LP of Mizzurna Falls in all its bloody confusing glory.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

lookw posted:

has anyone done a LP of Tunic on this site? its a zelda-esque game thats all about exploration and secrets. I recommend the game anyway.

I think I might be picking this up to do an LP of in the near future...we'll see how my schedule looks and if I can make it work.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

nine-gear crow posted:

Do that terrible gimmick someone suggested either earlier in this thread or in the Sandcastle where whenever Dewgy asks a question about what's going on in the game, you respond to him in absolute gibberish until you train him into just not questioning what's going on anymore.

While that might be amusing, I would be taking this one on solo. Dewgy and I are in the middle of planning something else outside of our Sportsball marathon that might be going up pretty soon!

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

I'd be willing to co-pilot on this, but I know that nether Dewgy or I have the patience to 1.) Get it running, or 2.) Actually play it, but I'm requesting Roger Ebert's favorite game, Cosmology of Kyoto

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I've always been curious about Threads of Fate. I feel like the PSX was a good era for RPGs

Never played that one before, but I might be interested in taking it on once I wrap Guild of Dungeoneering, unless someone else picks it up first. Dunno if you're looking for someone that knows what they're doing.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Gonna throw it out again, but love to see someone step up to Cosmology of Kyoto. I'd attempt it myself if I could actually get the drat thing to work correctly...

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

I attempted this before, but I'll put it up to someone who is....well, much braver than I. I'd love to see someone tear through Mizzurna Falls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I'd love to see a LP of Drowned God.
Failing that, anyone know any good off-site ones? Like even without the tragic and controversial details around the dev's murder-suicide (or just murder, depending on who you ask) yeah, the game does sound like a real neat and interesting product of its time.

Okay...I'm boosting this because I also want to see someone take a shot at Drowned God. The reason I'm requesting it is because I found it, got it running, got about 20 minutes in before I just kinda sat there and thought "...what in the hell am I looking at?"

This is for a braver soul than I, ergo the re-request. If any of you ARE braver, I can tell you exactly how to get it running.