Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

YggiDee posted:

A few notes about the Planescape LP: 1) it is incredibly long. 2) I don't know if it's still available but the entire LP was converted to a six-part PDF that's basically a novel series. 3) One of the readers fell into a coma for, like, two years and stumbled back into the forums to find out the LP was still going.

I'd played and replayed that game to death over the years -- and his LP still showed me crap that I never knew existed in the game code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

One game that deserves being seen through to completion is "Lost Odyssey" for the Xbox 360. The previous attempt made it reasonably far before it got abandoned, and I still want to see how the story ends.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Mraagvpeine posted:

I would like to request Devil May Cry 5.

While there was never a thread for it, Accounting Nightmare has five full playlists dedicated to it on YouTube. If you enjoyed the comprehensive nature of their LP's of 1-4, then you already know what to expect. The only downside is that they were recorded while streaming, so the game-play is not broken down into curated pieces.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

I always wonder if anyone will ever be patient/insane enough to decide to work through the 'Just Cause' series and come out with something even remotely coherent. They weren't exactly something that you stuck with for the plot.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

berryjon posted:

Where is that one? It's not on the Archive or the Master List, so I presume offsite somewhere. And more importantly, has she done DMC5?

Exhaustively.

Though not in LP form. All their stuff is livestream content that gets archived to youtube these days.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

There was a series of VLPs I saw years ago (I don't think it was an SA-made LP) that covered each of the games in the Legacy of Kain series in order, that went really in-depth into the connections of each game, but, unlike other LPs that just infodump later plot points from the end five seconds after meeting a new character, they'd say 'remember that for later' and bring it up again once it made sense. They were really well done, almost closer to a podcast at times, given how much they went into things, and made a lot of sense of the, admittedly convoluted narrative. I know this is vague as hell, but does it sound familiar to anyone?

I only remember the series that was recorded by Alexeythegreat. But since I last watched it more than half a decade ago, I do not recall if it was as comprehensive as you describe.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjfE2Spxo-CIu4Vk3u1YvWQ/playlists?view=50&sort=dd&shelf_id=6

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Sjonkel posted:

Are there any good LP's of the Final Fantasy 7 remake? I guess I want one with someone who does a 100% run. Bonus if the original game is mixed in somehow!

I watched the one that Chip and Ironicus did, and it was as solid as their past work. Though the DLC recordings appear to have kind of dropped off, and I have no idea if/when those will return.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrekaHLD2rhb34UzARIDSw4BzP9dz-tjF

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

weso12 posted:

Does anyone know a good video LP of a Super Robot Wars game where commentator is knowledgeable about the topic at hand AND takes the time to explain the mechanics instead of assuming you know everything.

The Time Warriors stream archive is the most comprehensive playthrough of the most recent game that I can recall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtGUh_Yug1I

Hours and hours and hours of discussion regarding every minute game and character detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Sjonkel posted:

Does anyone know of a good LP for Marvel's Midnight Suns?

This one just started, and is shaping up to be a fun read.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4050632