Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Grem posted:

Fort Worth police chief apparently figured out this was going to be bad and can't cover it up.

Named the officer, said he would have fired him today if he didn't resign, gave evidence to the FBI for civil rights violation.

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/1183812427651137536?s=20

mlmp08 posted:

The video's real bad.

I was expecting at least a few seconds between "put your hands up show me your hands" and the officer murdering the woman. Instead it appears that he fired as he was saying it.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I don’t think starting a strike video at a certain time is quite the same as police editing footage to cover up a killing but I guess I’m not a good thinker

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Maybe one of those firefighters threw a rock at the paramilitary unit sent to violently disperse their protest. No angels here.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Gonna guess that the Level Headed Folks are going to place the blame on the lack of a 160-hour training program to teach cops not to use civilians as a backstop

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The police chief immediately putting 100% of his support behind the shooters means we’ll probably be seeing more of this throughout the country. I’m surprised they didn’t even go with the “lack of training” excuse this time.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

We didn't laugh it off

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

There’s a video of what appears to be a bystander suv trying to shove unmoving cars put of the way to escape the crossfire.

The cops move with the SUV to retain it as cover in the crossfire.

drat, hope they notify the driver of his arrest warrant so they can turn themselves in.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/12/11/aurora-police-officer-drunk-driving/

quote:

On-duty Aurora police officer who passed out drunk while driving kept job, was never charged with DUI

The March 29 incident began around 3:45 p.m. when two people called 911 after they discovered Meier unconscious in the driver’s seat of his unmarked car in the middle of East Mississippi Avenue near Buckley Air Force Base, according to an Aurora internal affairs evidence summary obtained Wednesday by The Denver Post.

In a later interview with internal affairs, Meier admitted that he went home during his shift and drank vodka. He told internal affairs investigators he was impaired by the vodka and did not remember anything after drinking until he woke up in the hospital, according to the summary. He also provided investigators with medical records that “indicated his level of alcohol consumption,” according to a statement from Aurora police.

So admitting to drunk driving on duty is enough to earn a cop an arrest or a charge, right?

quote:

“Due to an inability to exclude a medical condition, and absent confirmatory information, a DUI investigation was not conducted,” the statement said. “No blood test was done since there was no felony committed and a blood draw could not be forced.”

Oh.

The police chief outright states this excuse was irrelevant to his decision:

quote:

I want you to know I unequivocally stand by my decision regarding the involved officer because I care about the human being who stepped up and owned his incredibly poor decision…and continues to courageously own it.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/...28-bf1cac98b71a

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 17, 2019

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

Admitting to drinking without additional evidence usually isn't enough for a charge for anyone around here either.

quote:

One officer, Eugene VanDyk, can be heard commenting on Meier’s apparent intoxication in his body camera footage. Other officers noted in their written reports that they smelled alcohol on Meier and in the car.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm sorry, I genuinely don't believe you that an average citizen passing out drunk in their car in the middle of a busy intersection while reeking of booze will not even earn a breathalyzer test or a blood draw order. Do the police in NYC not treat reckless driving, obvious impairment, and alcohol smells like a DUI?

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 17, 2019

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

At least I learned one weird trick to dodge a DUI that will surely work for me

If there’s no accidents just go limp and non-compliant!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm not exactly thrilled that a drunk-driving cop is allowed to continue endangering the public but ultimately can't disagree with the conclusion that a combination between the US's hosed up legal systems and strong police unions keeps these people from receiving justice.

It also hurts because one of my friends was killed by a sheriff who crossed the center line while texting, and naturally there wasn't even a question of dismissing all charges against him.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 17, 2019

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’ve survived six box tips

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I would not remotely doubt that unmasked cops shoving their faces into peoples' cars and screaming at them has resulted in a significant number of infections

And my balls shrivel thinking about what would happen if you told one to put on a mask and distance

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Liquid Communism posted:

As usual for cops wanting to play high speed and breach and clear a building with zero Intel on what or who is inside for fun because some old gently caress in a judge's robe signed off on it.

The body cam is hard to watch. That is exactly how most people with a ccw would probably react to being woken up on the couch by a bunch of dudes in black bdus toting ARs.

It's not even a CCW issue. Surely the NRA has made strong statements and will be supporting the family's legal case against the police?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What happened to the rest of the gang?

quote:

The officers also mocked Garner, calling her “ancient” and “senile,” and said the arrest “went great” and that they had “crushed it.” Meanwhile, Garner sat in a booking cell crying in pain.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Grip it and rip it posted:

Ah yes, the unassailable moral superiority of GWOT veterans vs American cops. :feelsgood:

Never saw anyone here begging to be treated like a hero

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Who was he gonna rat on

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Excellent news if you were worried that cops might receive some accountability for chasing somebody into the woods and executing them for the crime of stealing sunglasses:

quote:

A grand jury in Fairfax County, Virginia, has declined to indict a former Fairfax County officer who fatally shot an unarmed man near Tysons Corner Center mall in February.

https://wtop.com/fairfax-county/202...-corner-center/

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What instills such hatred for dogs in these people

I’ve known abusive people but they still won’t torture and murder animals. Neglect them, sure.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Stravag posted:

For a sec i thought they were offering 10k if you bagged one and was gonna say thats probably the fastest way to clean up the nypd possible. Could even nyc afford that though? They got what 25k in the department? Maybe 2-300 worth keeping?

There’s somebody in my town with a COP-HNTR license plate and I have no idea how they haven’t had their teeth broken in with a night stick.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

DoJ report on Uvalde is out: https://apnews.com/article/uvalde-school-shooting-justice-department-report-police-16b59efa5c5015d685d917c3f0f26256

I haven’t had time to read it so I can’t say where it falls on concluding that every cop on scene should consider suck starting their service pistol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

dude literally followed the gps into the drink and murdered a lady