Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
AM I BEING DETAINED?

I REFUSE TO CREATE JOINDER

I DECLARE GENERAL AVERAGE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

ruddiger posted:

Being married to a cop she’s used to catching those hands.

God :drat:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Bored As gently caress posted:

I'm saying pretty much all bosses typically don't give a gently caress about their line level workers. The same happens to be true for most police agencies.

As to what that chief meant, I wasn't there, but I read it as the chief basically saying "even if you're legally in the right in a use of force incident, if it gets bad press and there's a bunch of protests about it, I'm not going to risk having riots in the city over one officer, so I'd throw you under the bus."

That's the way I read it.

Riots don’t happen because cops shoot people, riots happen because cops shoot people and they get away with it. See, for example, Rodney King et al.

Chiefs have power over the second, crucial part.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Aw yiss, police decimation.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Well gently caress.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

You’re more likely to get shot on the clock working the Night Shift at Taco Bell than working the Night Shift as a cop.

Why is Night Shift being capitalized here?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Wait are you a cop? You have to tell me if you are.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

I don’t remember why this thread even exists, but if y’all are gonna be more CSPAM than funny, gently caress that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Gorilla warfare is another example.