Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Professor Bling posted:

This is a real bitch locally, too, with a lot of the cops in the "big minority town" coming from outside the whole drat county.

Because they want the purest racist shitbags, you see, not just your average run-of-the-mill cops

Or access to better schools for their kids. Nobody's gonna sacrifice their family on your purity altar just because it's what you want them to do. Baltimore's got some decent schools, but do you seriously expect people to not want to give their kid the best shot they can? Primary Ed policy and funding is a whole other loving mess that overlaps decent with police policy. Of course you want members of the community being the ones policing their own poo poo, being invested in where they live, but do you have any actual real suggestions for how to get to that point?

Cool, I get it, you've tied your entire identity up with this grand idea of not having a hosed up systematically racist and classist judicial system that enables and supports the worst parts of humanity. Worthy cause. The only problem is you're likely never going to actually see meaningful movement on this issue in a timeframe that actually means anything to you. So instead you just end up sounding like my loving tinnitus and making everyone cringe when you speak up with the same one tone every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqTjKhYh4fs

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Viva Miriya posted:

Yo, don't post here.

I saw 60+ new posts and figured something had gone down. Just kidding, it's a bunch of people coming out of nowhere to scream ACAB into the void.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Seriously, who the gently caress are these idiots?

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

So not wanting to pat down someone who's handcuffed is reason enough to shoot them in the back of the head, and then lie about it?
Is that what you're trying to say right now?

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Counterpoint: Creepy youth pastor dude that clapped a reporter's rear end as he was running by her in a marathon, everyone agrees he's a loving idiot and should've kept his hands to himself. Slightly different because of the objectifying a woman angle, but still. C'mon.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

No yeah, let's argue power dynamics to make it justified to unwantedly touch someone else in a questionable way. We teach kids to keep their hands to themselves, what's complicated about this?

Skyscraper posted:

That's a fair point, I just think it was strange that the profession had to change with the gender in your analogy. I might have said "would this be ok if it was a female cop?" and it's interesting that you didn't.

Because it was an example of something that literally happened relatively recently. It's not "let's change X and Y to make the worst possible contrast", it's "same poo poo happened to someone else".

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

Honestly yeah. So many recruits deal with unnecessary illnesses in basic.

I remember being loving wrecked the entirety of basic and most of AIT at Fort Sam, horking up tan-colored chunks of lung. COVID would go through TRADOC like a loving scythe without serious measures.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

SchnorkIes posted:

Is that Guard? Cops usually wear very pared-down stuff with no frag protection whatsoever, right? Ultra high cut helmets, the works.

Roping the Guard into everything is turning them steadily more into just purely cops. I wonder if this is a strategy to make sure they can no longer be trusted to protect Dems like after 1/6.

You think any Guard douches are gonna have a pair of Sordins with comm hookups? Surefires with wired pressure switches?

gently caress, you're right. It's probably a bunch of geardo NG MPs cosplaying as community sheepdogs for their day jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Sounds like a recipe for commotio cordis to me. Who wants to try the odds on those cops reacting in a timely and appropriate manner to the signs of someone going into immediate cardiac arrest?