Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
I wouldn't think many cops have time to frequent their favorite reddit board right now.

Though at this point their action is representative enough.

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Goddamnit, I liked Smiling Jack.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

PeterCat posted:

More to my point, I was talking about the accountability the military system provides, not that the Army as it stands is doctrinally set up to be a police force.

Here is an idea: institute regulations for police under state and federal law instead of undermining the protections that prevent the federal government from deploying it's killing professionals within the United States.

Police militarization is bad. Militarizing the police to obtain accountability is like building a wicker fence around the massive bull you have started injecting with experimental bovine steroids.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Cops aren't great, that's for sure

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

maffew buildings posted:

it's really cool law enforcement selects for the absolute worst human beings possible but i guess when the purpose in this modern era is to execute white nationalist policy with the goal of going back to a segregated society that's what you need and some dogs gotta go to get there

How do they select for the absolute worst human beings possible?

And whose goal is it to execute white nationalist policy? Society? Or the police?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

PookBear posted:

cole what are you trying to say here. This isn't Jeopardy just say whatever the gently caress it is you're trying to say.

how exactly are you confused? Its not a question I was asking to you, it was aimed at the OP who made a statement I asked them to clarify.

Reading and posting can both be didactic experiences when done in a clear and concise manner. I hope this has been helpful to you.

edit: Not cole.

maffew buildings posted:

i'm not even going to respond in depth to you because you don't engage in any good faith discourse and being even a quarter abreast of national news and what we've learned about allegiances of a significant portion of law enforcement to white nationalist ideological groups would answer that

lol widdle baby can't respond because of the imagined information level of their audience. You are a brave person to make statements and then refuse to substantiate them. Congratulations on being brave.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

PookBear posted:

i dunno why I thought grip it and rip it was cole, but all they do is post here, the lawyer thread, and qcs lol

You're a real cyber sleuth. Are you sure you're not a cop

I have a guess as to why you were mistaken...

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
What arguments are you talking about? When I asked a single question and the histrionics started?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

PookBear posted:

you're a lawyer and you act like you don't understand how cops have various formal and informal methods to discourage/prevent the wrong people from becoming cops and getting promoted.

Go away.

Hey man if you can't handle having a conversation then you don't have to participate. Me asking two questions isn't some big "aw shucks" performance, I wanted to have a conversation about how the policy that the police are enforcing is actually a product of upstream societal pressures. For whatever reason everyone in this thread would rather pretend to shout down some imagined police supporter than actually engage in any kind of dialogue whatsoever.

Take a break from reading the thread if you can't handle having a discussion.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
9/11 commission report never made it to Louisville. Or nobody read it.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
There are many roads to improving community policing! None actually involve the somethingawful forums though.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
It'll be interesting to see how his union attorney attempts to present this case

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

ASAPI posted:

I'm not sure how this would work as a law... Wouldn't there be issues with 1A? This is just confusing, no way it holds up in court... right?

Scumbag legislators waste tens of millions of dollars trying to pass illegal laws that chip away at constitutional protections. Most famously with abortion, but they do it with whatever they think will get them good press.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
This speaks to how deep the societal rot goes - how do cops deal with stabbings in other countries? Shoot first? Is there something unique about the American knife welder.that requires lethal force, where the same deployment of force is unecessary elsewhere?

I'd say that there isn't, but that the deployment of lethal force by police has become an expected and even supported course of action in the United States. Which is loving stupid and contributes directly to the disaprities.in violence and policing that has been plaguing this nation since it's inception.

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 21, 2021

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Then report me and let me get banned, but until then I'm going to push back on these assholes that continue to defend the extrajudicial killing of a child by the state without any attempt at deescalation or other intervention

Thank you, up the bum no baby, for being a martyr to the cause. Nancy pelosi salutes your sacrifice o7

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Lol that dude's post history is a parade of hits that just doesn't stop

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

boop the snoot posted:

I don’t see the unions doing anything except becoming outright lobbyists if you do anything against them legislatively.

That would be a tremendous blow to cops that are unionized. Tons of dead weight would be chopped and their benefits packages would be culled in the name of a balanced budget

Arrowsmith posted:

You know that QE only applies to civil suits, right?

vulnerability to civil suits would almost certainly lead to a massive upgrade in policy and performance across the US. Getting rid of QE is absolutely an excellent first step for reform.

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 23, 2021

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
lol at just repeating poo poo you hear your stupid rear end patrol cops recite on the radio. Why is this guy in a leadership position?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Yeah the people who create and administrate these programs should be first against the wall.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Yes, organizations that exist to inflict violence are bad.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

There was at least a half dozen or so cops that were clearly palling around and shooting the poo poo with rioters during the same timeframe that their co-workers were getting mobbed or beaten to death that circulated around social media.

Seems pretty reasonable to not get beat to death also - I don't like cops but what exactly is the expectation here for them?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
He also didnt point the gun at anyone after being awoken by a no-knock warrant. No clue why that kind of show of force was necessary (they had approval for knock and no-knock) but they obviously had no idea what the interior of the home they were invading would look like.

Dipshit cops straight murdered that dude and didn't even try to do anything but

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

maffew buildings posted:

Oh, well for any reading, gently caress you

Ah yes, the unassailable moral superiority of GWOT veterans vs American cops. :feelsgood:

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Tiny Timbs posted:

Never saw anyone here begging to be treated like a hero

You eat the free golden coral just like all the other heros

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
I was just. following. orders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
lol the idea that the military has some kind of moral highground compared to any other organ of the United States Government, state or federal, is 100% laughable. Wake the gently caress up.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)