Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Feeling cute, might shoot a kid in the face while killing their dog later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIIpnxgdzTU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I’m not the one who came up with the thread title buddy.

Also, the judge already let the cop get away with it, so quit writing fanfic.

Judge sides with ex-officer in dog shooting, child injury

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Smiling Jack posted:

actually possible on a local level but I'm sure your white hot internet posts are making more of a difference

Change starts with the other cop in the video who says “uh, I didn’t see anything”

:rolleyes:

I’ll be happy for the judge to prove me wrong tho. Oh wait...

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Smiling Jack posted:

holy poo poo everyone here it is we found the post that will make the difference

How many shootings did you and your friends stay quiet for?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Can’t rat on your buddies if you report your murders as accidents and suicides.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Thanks for propping up the police state. Call me when you want to high five over another one of your brothers getting exonerated from giving a little kid a headshot.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

My bad I forgot nypd only chokes people to death or rapes them in the back of the squad car.

Sorry for lumping you guys in with the bad ones.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

*watches a video of a cop getting away with giving a nine year old girl a headshot*

Good sir I would like to buy you a dinner on me.

How dare you ghouls antogonize these HEROES of our great capitalist society. :mad:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

You're aware it wasn't the same cop because I get the feeling you aren't

An observation worthy of a steak dinner. Viva Miriya, better reserve another seat.

You guys are owning me like I was a nine year old girl caught in your crosshairs.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Dec 22, 2019

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

This conversation reminds me of a couple years back when I came back to Chicago to visit and some old Italian ex-cop pulled a gun on me while I was getting a haircut and all his young current cop buddies had a good and hearty laugh, and when I posted about it some cop lover here said I probably deserved it (because getting a haircut is a criminal offense).

Thanks for backing our boys in blue, fellow goons, you’re making a difference! See you when another cop skates free after turning another little kid’s head into a can of spilled spaghetti-o’s.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 22, 2019

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Viva Miriya posted:

Why don't you ambush a few about it instead of making gbs tier shitposts?

I’m from the neighborhood where them feds got torched up the other year. Don’t worry about what’s going on over here my dude.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Viva Miriya posted:

Did you do the torching?

I don’t live here anymore, but the cops hosed up a lot of my family and friends looking for the shooter. They were going door to door with no warrants just walking into people’s houses and poo poo.

But like I said, don’t worry about what’s going on over here. You got a dinner to plan.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Dec 22, 2019

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Viva Miriya posted:

The rear end in a top hat who did that should be turned into a loving science project. That make you feel better?

He’s walking free and clear, so no.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Smiling Jack’s definitely friends with a few people who unironically wear “I CAN BREATHE” t-shirts.

E: hey viva, sorry for sending shots at ya. That video last night got me heated too. That poo poo got me seeing red.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Dec 22, 2019

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hey Smiling Jack serious question do you really know any people who own an “I CAN BREATHE” t-shirt?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Speaking of our brave heroes in the nypd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rleChzgb0LU

https://gothamist.com/news/-duty-nypd-officer-killed-fdr-crash-had-history-traffic-violations

quote:

Off-Duty NYPD Officer Killed In FDR Crash Had History Of Traffic Violations

An off-duty police officer was killed early Saturday morning in a horrific high-speed crash on the FDR Drive that also left his two passengers seriously injured. Now it appears that the deceased driver, 25-year-old Garman Chan, had a history of violations for speeding.
Just after 2:30 a.m., police responded to a 911 call about a crash on the FDR Drive near East 23rd Street. The NYPD said that responding officers found a 2016 black Lexus sedan, which had been traveling north, "mounted on the center median," with the driver, "unconscious and unresponsive, with severe head trauma," while two passengers, a 25-year-old man and a 25-year-old woman, were outside of the car, after being ejected into the southbound lane of the FDR. The male passenger, an off-duty firefighter named Kenneth Larkin, is in critical condition while the female passenger, Larkin's girlfriend Amanda Remy, lost her right foot in the crash.

According to the Daily News, Chen had to be "cut... out of the crumpled vehicle" before he was pronounced dead at Bellevue Hospital. (The Post obtained video of the crash.)

The Post noted that Chen had been "busted speeding and blowing red lights at least 10 times this year... including one citation for speeding in a school zone on Halloween issued just days before the wreck, which also left two passengers with severe injuries. The plate registered to 25-year-old Garman Chen’s 2016 Lexus — HCG-5421 — was slapped with seven camera violations for speeding in a school zone this year, three for blowing through red lights and one for not displaying a meter receipt, city records show."

A neighbor of Chen's in Brooklyn told the paper, “He always [speeds]... I always say to him, ‘Take it easy. Where you going in such a hurry?’ I stand in front of his car and hold up my hands. I say take it easy and he no listen. It’s sad."
Chen is pictured second from left in this 2018 Tweet from the 76th Precinct:

Streetsblog had previously reported that "more than 58 percent of police officers who had parked their personal vehicles in NYPD-only spaces near 33 stationhouses in all five boroughs had at least one moving violation — and 38 percent had repeated moving violations."

In the summer of 2018, City Councilman Brad Lander proposed the Reckless Driver Accountability Act, which would impound cars of drivers who have five or more red-light and speeding violations in a year. In June of this year, de Blasio's office said they were still reviewing the legislation.

Well at least the city will surely acknowledge Chen as the reckless danger to society he...

https://twitter.com/bradlander/status/1196102408448937984?s=21

Oh.

:rolleyes:

Thoughts & Prayers to the family of the innocent woman and the firefighter whose lives Officer Chen so graciously destroyed. Wonder if they get to see any of Chen’s six figure pension or if this is gonna be filed as an unavoidable accident which Chen had no responsibility or liability for.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 24, 2019

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

A reasonable goon: “Fellas, it’s the holidays, maybe chill with the rhetoric and the vitriol.”

Cops: *continues to be cops*

Internet Wizard posted:

Happy Holidays everybody!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

That’s a pretty distinct way to write an undercase g, wonder if the police chief’s going to even bother checking it against the cops handwritten paperwork or if this will just quietly be forgotten (except by the people who will share this on Facebook til the end of time).

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

maffew buildings posted:

The cops in Mobile who made the panhandler sign blanket post got doxxed, so that's cool. The department Chief issued a non apology statement so we can rest assured there will be no consequences for the dudes who very publicly displayed they have no business serving the public

Hopefully the next person they gently caress with has a nice mug of hot steamy poo poo to throw at them.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Godholio posted:

GIP Police Thread: Turning small victories into raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage

Why are you pretending you don’t know another precinct will hire this sack of poo poo in a few months?

Maybe he can team up with those guys with their capes made of homeless signs and they can start the rear end in a top hat Initiative.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

https://nypost.com/2020/01/03/nypd-cop-caught-planting-stun-gun-in-car-by-his-own-bodycam-lawsuit/

quote:

NYPD cop caught planting stun gun in car by his own bodycam: lawsuit

An NYPD cop planted a stun gun in a driver’s SUV during a traffic stop — and got caught in the act by his own body camera, according to a new lawsuit.

Omar Prescott, of Flatbush, alleges in a lawsuit filed in Brooklyn Supreme Court Friday that two officers approached him as he was parking his Chevrolet Suburban outside his Brooklyn home.

At one point, a cop identified in the papers as Officer Carlo Cassata planted the stun gun in his glove compartment in an attempt to stick him with a now-dismissed illegal weapons charge, Prescott claims.

In body camera footage obtained by The Post, the cop is seen holding a stun gun in his hand then searching around Prescott’s car.

Then the officer backs away from the vehicle, turns on the sound on his body cam, leans back into Prescott’s vehicle and pulls what appears to be the same stun gun from the glove compartment.

Cassata said at the time that he pulled Prescott over after making an illegal u-turn and noticed marijuana in the center console.

Prescott was arrested and charged with fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon and marijuana possession, but in June the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office dismissed the charges and sealed the case.

Prescott is seeking unspecified monetary damages.

“Cops should be on the street to protect and serve, not to plant guns and manufacture evidence, as clearly shown in this bodycam video,” said Caitlin Robin, the managing partner at the firm representing Prescott in the case.

“Thank goodness for cops wearing body cameras — and thank goodness this cop was unaware his was on when he planted the stun gun,” she added.

The city’s Law Department and the NYPD have not responded to a request for comment. Cassata couldn’t immediately be reached for comment.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

lol are you loving kidding me

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They should stop hiring pigs as security and just go with a private security firm. gently caress giving these assholes another revenue stream.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

No good deed.

https://eji.org/news/man-who-saved-three-prison-guards-executed-by-tennessee/

quote:

Man Who Saved Three Prison Guards Executed by Tennessee

The State of Tennessee executed Nicholas Sutton, 58, by electrocution last night after Governor Bill Lee denied a clemency application supported by correction staff, victims’ family members, many of the original jurors, and those whose lives Mr. Sutton has saved.

“Nick Sutton has gone from a life-taker to a life-saver,” former federal district court judge Kevin Sharp wrote in Mr. Sutton’s clemency application. No fewer than seven former and current Tennessee correction officials supported clemency for Mr. Sutton, whom they described as “an honest, kind, and trustworthy man who has used his time in prison to better himself and show that change is possible.” One wrote that Mr. Sutton’s “efforts at self-improvement and willingness to embrace change are an inspiration.”

“Nicholas Sutton’s childhood was horrific,” a federal judge wrote in 2011. After his mother abandoned him when he was a baby, his violent, abusive, and mentally ill father beat him mercilessly. His father made his life a “living hell,” recalled Nick’s cousin, who was quoted in the clemency petition. His father beat Nick so badly he broke his arm and he held Nick and his grandmother at gunpoint, leading to an armed standoff with police. Nick became addicted to drugs after using drugs with his father at age 12, and his young brain suffered damage from childhood head injuries resulting in a loss of consciousness and two severe injuries to the orbital socket of the eye (he was shot in the eye as a child and hit with a lead pipe).

None of this evidence was presented to his jury, even though Nick was only 18 years old when he killed his paternal grandmother in Tennessee and two men in North Carolina. He was sentenced to life in Tennessee’s dangerous and overcrowded prisons, where incarcerated men lived in constant fear of violent attack. According to the petition, another incarcerated man attacked Nick with a lead pipe and hit him so hard that his eye became dislodged from its socket.

In 1985, Nick found himself in what former correction commissioner and warden James E. Aiken called a “kill or be killed” position with Carl Estep, an incarcerated man who told staff he planned to kill Nick. With no hope for protection from prison staff, Nick fatally stabbed Mr. Estep. He was 23 years old. Prosecutors offered him a life sentence conditioned on guilty pleas from him and his co-defendant; Mr. Sutton was willing to enter a guilty plea, but the co-defendant refused to accept a sentence to 30-40 years. Mr. Sutton was sentenced to death. (He was the only person in Tennessee under a death sentence for killing another incarcerated person.)

During his time in prison, Mr. Sutton saved the lives of three correction staff. He protected a guard from five prisoners who were trying to take him hostage during a 1985 prison riot at the Tennessee State Prison. “Nick risked his safety and well-being in order to save me from possible death. I owe my life to Nick Sutton,” the guard said in the clemency petition. “If Nick Sutton was released tomorrow, I would welcome him into my home and invite him to be my neighbor . . . It is my opinion that Nick Sutton, more than anyone else on Tennessee’s Death Row, deserves to live.”

Mr. Sutton also prevented an inmate from attacking a Sheriff’s Deputy from behind while he tried to break up a fight. And he protected a female correctional professional who had been injured in a fall. “He sprang into action, helped me to my feet, retrieved my keys and radio, and alerted staff to come to my assistance,” she said. “This was typical of Nick, who always puts others before himself and is willing to help anyone in need.”

When untreated multiple sclerosis left Paul House—who was exonerated and released from Tennessee’s death row in 2009—unable to walk, and the prison denied him a wheelchair, Mr. Sutton carried him around the prison. He took Mr. House to the shower every day, helped him wash, and carried him to visits with his mother, who told the governor in pleading for clemency, “Nick is the only reason Paul is alive today.”

Mr. Sutton also saved the life of a man who had collapsed in his cell from a punctured intestinal tract. And after Lee Hall Jr. went blind while on death row and was denied a cane or walking stick, Mr. Sutton guided him through the unit to ensure his safety. (Tennessee electrocuted Mr. Hall in December.)

Mr. Sutton studied mediation and conflict resolution to assist both peers and staff in reducing conflicts and became a leader in a combined class of divinity students and people sentenced to death taught by Dr. Graham Reside, Professor of Ethics at Vanderbilt Divinity School. In the clemency petition, Dr. Reside said that executing Nick Sutton “after such a valiant struggle to become a loving and generous witness in the world” would be unjust.

Correction officers told the governor that Mr. Sutton is “not the same man who committed those crimes.” He “has worked harder than any inmate I have known to better himself,” one said. “He has learned from his mistakes, has grown and matured, and he has become one of the most influential inmates, inspiring other inmates to better themselves.”

Five members of the jury that sentenced him to death and one alternate juror agreed that Mr. Sutton should not be executed and urged the governor to commute his death sentence. Victims’ family members—including members of the Estep, Sutton, and Almon families—also asked the governor to spare Mr. Sutton’s life.

Despite the insistence of correction staff that Mr. Sutton was “living proof of the possibility of rehabilitation and the power of redemption,” the governor denied clemency on Wednesday. Nick Sutton was the fourth person killed by the State of Tennessee since January 2019, and the seventh since the state resumed executions in August 2018.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Can’t wait for the cops to charge the guy who called in with murder charges for making those cops go to that guys house and putting them in that scary position of murdering an unarmed man in his own place of residence.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They already don’t render aid to those they just shot. If anything, this will curb them desecrating the corpses by putting them in handcuffs while they’re dead/bleeding out.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

No days off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZL2y4xmuoE

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Nephzinho posted:

https://twitter.com/ruinthesteele/status/1266459389390659590

I wonder if we can get them to wear their I Can Breathe shirts on their way to the ventilators.

those sidewalks were probably coated with covid from the night before.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Toshokan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLzDGKp1myY

Can't even buy candy anymore without a cop pulling a gun.

This happened two years ago and absolutely nothing happened to that cop.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

MonkeyWash posted:

Louisville police officer sues Kenneth Walker, boyfriend of Breonna Taylor, for emotional distress, assault and battery

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/breonn...ess-2020-10-29/

He suffered emotional distress after it was revealed he lied about Breonna’s boyfriend shooting back when ballistics came back and refuted the police report.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I wonder if 2021 will keep up the pace for cop mortality that 2020 set.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 1, 2021

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Godholio posted:

Since we can't just block CSPAM out entirely, pointing out when they Kramer in here to be assholes doesn't seem like a bad thing.

Just because they called someone in the thread ghoulish doesn’t mean they’re an rear end in a top hat.

Oh wait, you were talking about the other guy. 😬

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Cops looking very civil while dealing with these patriots storming the capitol today. Imagine if they responded with the same force they did during the BLM protests.

Thank you for your service, fellas.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

At least the ghoulishness has been called out, and that’s what’s most important.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1346920198461419520?s=21

https://twitter.com/cevansavenger/status/1346920924310867968?s=21

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jan 6, 2021

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Proud Christian Mom posted:

hey in case youre keeping score at home the police aided and attempted coup so no youre not 'reforming' this #acab

:decorum:

https://twitter.com/alafairburke/st...%5Es1_&ref_url=

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/ChipMitchell1/status/1347207462097715200?s=20

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

So I heard a cop died during the riot yesterday.

If someone in a car full of people kills a cop, everyone in that car is charged with murder.

If someone hits a cop car with their car, everyone in that car gets charged with attempted murder of a police officer.

question.

What’s going to happen to those at the riot who were there when the cop received his mortal injuries?

This is clearly a rhetorical question since we all know the answer.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/sarahdwire/status/1349136305511403520

https://twitter.com/sarahdwire/status/1349149633608622083

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

His hat abbreviation is for the Chicago Fire Dept so expect Police/Firefighter relations to... heat up. :heysexy:

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status...%5Es1_&ref_url=

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

gently caress the opps