Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Seek not greatness, but instead truth, and you shall find both.
13 years in.

WHY THE gently caress DO I DO THIS STILL

*looks at bank account and pension for retirement in 2043*

Oh right...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

ASAPI posted:

Please record your thoughts/post your way through it. This might get wild.

Serious take, it's just a job. However I think as a whole the system is broken AF and every state is a loving free for all at this point.
I've been in since the post 2000 times where cops could get away with the most wild poo poo to the cover your rear end now days we live in.

I show up, do my thing, get paid. In the words of Scarface, I never hosed no one over that didn't have it coming to them.

edit: I've been bit by plenty of dogs on calls and I refuse to shoot a loving dog unless it's absolutely like a life or death situation.

I've been bitten by a dog in the rear end while I was doing CPR on its owner who had a heart attack while fire rescue was coming, I've been bit by a GSD on a domestic cause I was stupid and went to pet it, bit by a pit bull on a traffic crash while trying to get it out of a car with its owner, bit by another pit bull we were trying to get out of a drat canal cause well the dog was obviously in a panic mode.

You go to your HR sign the drat injury form, go get a tetanus shot, and go back to work, the guys I work with are so afraid of dogs, its not even a joke.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Thesoldier fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 26, 2023

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Shooting Blanks posted:

You get a tetanus shot for dog bites?

Well tbf the doctors aren't afraid of rabies, they're more afraid of bacterial infections. The last time I got bit our employee clinic gave me antibiotic cream and a tetanus as a pre caution

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

goatsestretchgoals posted:

eh it was actually nice to hear from the SA pig crew (who are literally the kind of cops we want), but the cspammers chased them off

I'm still around, and I'm still the zero fucks given burnout I've always been. If people wanna talk and ask my thoughts I dont mind. If people wanna quote me with ACAB ok cool.

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Shooting Blanks posted:

Huh - never been bitten, only nipped, and never enough to break the skin. Never even thought about it past rabies.

Blood Poisoning/Sepsis is a real thing. Had a coworker almost die from an infection he got from slicing his forearm on the door of the crisis wagon, cause the wagon was old and rusty.