Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Liquid Communism posted:

Every single person who fired a round in that travesty needs to be barred from ever carrying a weapon in a professional capacity again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I think what did it for me (aside from two innocent people getting murdered because the cops decided to mag dump a UPS Truck on a crowded highway), is seeing groups of cops huddled behind cars with civilians still inside of them. Says it all right loving there.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Best Friends posted:

Imagine being a cop and literally hiding behind a civilian in a gunfight. How many blue lives matter memes does it take to melt your brain enough that that seems okay

Literally gonna remember this poo poo for the next time I hear some rear end in a top hat spout off the "sheepdog" speech.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Fister Roboto posted:

I thought the sheepdog thing was a justification for police brutality, ie it's ok for a few sheep to get killed by sheepdogs if it keeps the whole flock from being eaten.

Pretty sure anyone who believes that poo poo will be OK with this murder.

Nah, every time I've heard it, it's pushed as "We're sheepdogs because we protect the sheep from the wolves! Sheepdogs don't hurt sheep or needlessly put them in danger" and yet...

Internet Wizard posted:

If a sheepdog hurts one of its sheep you put it down. If a cop does it you give him vacation

Pretty much.

Smiling Jack posted:

edit: suck a dick Grossman

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

pantslesswithwolves posted:

So I don’t get what the point of this thread is if when every time Smiling Jack or Bored as gently caress respond to a post concerning obvious police misconduct, bad uses of force or their own opinions as to what parts of American policing are hosed and which are slightly less hosed, the usual response by many here is to treat them like they’re some avatar from officer.com or some thin blue line shitheads. I remember when GIP had actual no poo poo CHUD cops posting on the reg in here, and they’ve all moved on or been chased out for being lovely people. Is anyone actually learning anything here or is this just a chance to say gently caress you to a cop?

Yeah echoing this, cause that's how it feels from my perspective as well.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

pantslesswithwolves posted:

In a previous job, I used to facilitate what were basically HEAT courses. I worked at one training facility where they had a contingent of staff instructors- former military, police, aid field worker or intel types- who would lend their expertise to teach certain modules. During some downtime during scenario rehearsals, we were talking about the active assailant module, and one of the instructors was a former cop who apparently had connections to law enforcement in Texas. The subject of Uvalde came up because we anticipated questions about why the cops bungled the response, and he said that the word in Texas LE was that officers on scene were afraid of being judged harshly for going in and killing the shooter (as is doctrine) because of BLM. Everyone nodded politely and changed the subject, but even the ex-cop instructor had a look on his face that said he knew it was bullshit like the rest of us did.

Yeah loving seriously.

Look I know this is going to come across as Internet bravado/Monday morning QBing, and I really don't give a poo poo if someone wants to try and dunk on me for it, but I'm pretty sure if I were to find myself in a situation where a classroom or classrooms of children are being massacred and I was in a position to do something, anything , to help them, I'd do it even if it meant a high possibility of not going home to my wife that night.

These people are only a fraction of a hair less worse than the shooter, and I hope they spend the rest of their lives with those children's unanswered pleas for help haunting them at every waking moment. gently caress them, and gently caress anyone saying "oh but you see, BLM."

And if your bigger concern is that you might take some heat from "the BLM crowd" for engaging the shooter, than you're an even bigger coward and piece of poo poo than those that refused to engage because they didn't want to die/get shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://x.com/fatfuckboone/status/1758555875596276127?s=46&t=qkLqegFdEqINeFeUz_b8fw