Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I look through that twitter account and all I see is somebody really, really angry at POC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:justpost: i am a podcast fiend

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Internet Wizard posted:

MPs should be automatically disqualified as psychologically unfit for being a LEO.

Max Uriarte put it best: "I want to be a Marine, but I kind of hate Marines." MPs are guys who sign up to be buddy fuckers.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

AlexanderCA posted:

I've been in a few Dutch police training exercises as opposition. Can confirm charging horses put the fear of God into you.

Pikes, man. Horses and pointy things don't mix. Horses are also super, super dumb.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

"We can't uphold our oath while abiding by a reasonable expectation to not murder people at every encounter."

I love unions but police unions are hosed.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

How about departments de-militarize? You don't need IED-resistant vehicles, and the operator chic needs to go away from SWAT units. When I see a cop, the things that stand out most are the big yellow taser and any moto poo poo they have on. I don't want to go talk to somebody loaded for bear, that's scary. Even 20th's century era NYPD uniformed cops look more approachable for directions or help than today's comparable beat outfits.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

"I, as a peace officer of the community, am actually expected to interact with the community? Well I never." *goes back to writing tickets for 5 over"

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Recalling that my idols are flawed makes me feel better about my own flaws.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I pull the lever

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You gotta be some kind of sick in the head to shoot a dog.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Man they let any fat gently caress onto a force these days, look at that porker

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Amber Guyger’s trial started this week. Charged with murder.

:cabot:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Why would the judge not at least drop a contempt charge?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

How the gently caress is it castle doctrine when you're in another person's castle?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

This is why I don't open the front door for anybody but my wife.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The front door was unlocked. She walked in, saw a black guy sitting on the couch eating ice cream, smoked him, and then called her partner(who she was about to go gently caress(he's also married)) asking what to do.

At no time did she ever render aid. Dude bled out on his own loving couch.

It's also why I wish my wife would consistently lock the door at night. :smith:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Interesting. I'll keep an eye out to see what restaurants start closing soon.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm gonna devils advocate this and dunk on myself. It's an argument, sure. It's the argument I have to make when taking pharma dollars for science work- I need to eat, and doing ethical work funded from unethical means supports that. Could I take a more ethical job for less pay elsewhere? Probably. But I don't, and that probably makes me an rear end in a top hat. Chichevache is right- if I did not do this work, somebody else would.

We should improve society somewhat.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Oh cool so she can just write a book and go on dancing with the stars after

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The giant pile of bullshit PD is selling smells stronger than the weed.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Calling the handgun a plant and you can't convince me otherwise. The track record is there.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nobody is kidding themselves that violent, armed revolution is immediately around the corner. In the meantime I feel relatively powerless to do anything about the uniform culture. Police unions and the thin blue line will always protect their own, so change isn't going to come from within. The judicial and legislative bodies that should have oversight over policing bodies are also complicit in advancing this culture instead of stomping it out, as is their duty. As a civilian I cannot change internal police culture and don't feel that I can elect persons who care to or are able to change police culture. I have no desire to run for office. The best effort I can give is activism, and warning others that the people in uniforms are not there for the safety of the public any more.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

#3 is interesting in that while an educated force would potentially be a better force, it's also an arbitrary gate to the profession that would largely affect the underprivileged.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ACAB and all but yeah that's a lovely take, mental health isn't a joke here.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I can't breathe

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My Spirit Otter posted:

Jesus christ, someone take the guns away from pigs already

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My Spirit Otter posted:

Jesus christ, someone take the guns away already

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

cop tattoos are gang tattoos

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

homeland security is another word for "gestapo" hth

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/Vote4Beckford/status/1202363747370721281?s=20

I really hope OSINT figures out who this woman is.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's deliberate and I won't accept any other explanation.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Two suspects hijack a UPS truck, cops murder the UPS driver being held hostage and an innocent bystander FIRING INTO TRAFFIC

https://twitter.com/rklueber28/status/1202722185690914817?s=20

https://abcnews.go.com/US/multiple-fatalities-shootout-theft-ups-truck-florida-police/story?id=67531552

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

nOt aLl cOpS

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm at the point where if a mass shooting situation happened, I probably would not call the police because it would decrease my chances of survival. That's what the past two years has shown us.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Basically I'm saying that US cops are about as good as Spetznaz pumping fentanyl into a theater

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Liquid Communism posted:

Every single person who fired a round in that travesty needs to be barred from ever carrying a weapon in a professional capacity again.

Not professionally, period. Know your target and what is beyond it is one of the showstopper rules of gun safety, ie back when I still handled guns I would loving tackle you if you broke these rules on a range. I wouldn't trust these individuals with dryer lint in their holsters.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Content warning: blood, bullet holes

https://twitter.com/i/status/1203043287462010886

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It was the UPS truck getting flatbedded, a lady was passing on the right in her car. Full of holes, staircase covered in blood. The cops were absolutely spraying fire into that truck.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Do we have names of the cops yet? I bet they do a poo poo job at scrubbing the social media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i could kill some baby back ribs right now