Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
Well it's not 100% accurate, I use an advantage and wear clown shoes to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

what use do you have for a keyboard at the circus?

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Tim “the shoe man” Tyler

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
used to be these, but both pairs i had got squeaky and weird.

now it's all black onitsuka tigers. they're only like ten bucks more, so still not bad.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

these have been nice lately, theyre like allbirds only with actual support, and unlike regular hokas which have a tiny little pinched toebox they actually fit once you break them in

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

white soles are weird

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

dad energy

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i hosed up both my ankles last month so i havent been able to wear my wholecut oxfords at all :smith:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

iron rangers

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

these have been nice lately, theyre like allbirds only with actual support, and unlike regular hokas which have a tiny little pinched toebox they actually fit once you break them in

Dope. That some kind of startup?

theodop
Dec 30, 2005

rock solid, heart touching
I work for a local remote IT firm. Since we have no direct physical interactions with customers our only line on the dress code is “be clean and dont wear anything that causes a distraction.”

As such I wear my Croc sandals nearly every day. They are comfy, they are easy and they are cool. No one has ever had any issue with them.

But today promotion annoucements were made and I was passed over. In the post mortem with my boss he flat out told me that the woman who was promoted to management was neck and neck with me on every aspect of customer and technical knowledge it’s just that she presented a much more professional image. I asked him to explain and he said “David, off the record...you wear loving kids shoes every day. Give me a break from having to offer any explanations.”

To me I was within standards and maybe I’m looking at a case of anti-male bias and have some grounds to go to HR. But before that, am I the rear end in a top hat for wearing crocs to work?

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

today i saw a retiree wearing sketchers that look just like this

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

theodop posted:

I work for a local remote IT firm. Since we have no direct physical interactions with customers our only line on the dress code is “be clean and dont wear anything that causes a distraction.”

As such I wear my Croc sandals nearly every day. They are comfy, they are easy and they are cool. No one has ever had any issue with them.

But today promotion annoucements were made and I was passed over. In the post mortem with my boss he flat out told me that the woman who was promoted to management was neck and neck with me on every aspect of customer and technical knowledge it’s just that she presented a much more professional image. I asked him to explain and he said “David, off the record...you wear loving kids shoes every day. Give me a break from having to offer any explanations.”

To me I was within standards and maybe I’m looking at a case of anti-male bias and have some grounds to go to HR. But before that, am I the rear end in a top hat for wearing crocs to work?

lmao

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

thicc

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sup

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

welcome to 2015

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Chill Callahan posted:

Dope. That some kind of startup?
https://www.hokaoneone.com/

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i did the absolute minimum necessary to not get poo poo on for violating the dress code and people weren't impressed by me, what do

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

why....why are those things both labeled and labeled in quotes

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

but do you pronounce it correctly :smuggo:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
ceci n'es pas une air jordan

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

you can buy platic zip tags and helvetica sticker letters solo now, congrats you're virgil abloh

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

lancemantis posted:

but do you pronounce it correctly :smuggo:
...my friends ex is a running champ and she always said “hoe kah one one” is that wrong

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

theodop posted:

I work for a local remote IT firm. Since we have no direct physical interactions with customers our only line on the dress code is be clean and dont wear anything that causes a distraction.

But today promotion annoucements were made and I was passed over. In the post mortem with my boss he flat out told me that the woman who was promoted to management was neck and neck with me on every aspect of customer and technical knowledge its just that she presented a much more professional image. I asked him to explain and he said David, off the record...you wear loving kids shoes every day. Give me a break from having to offer any explanations.

To me I was within standards and maybe Im looking at a case of anti-male bias and have some grounds to go to HR. But before that, am I the rear end in a top hat for wearing crocs to work?

lmao

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

...my friends ex is a running champ and she always said “hoe kah one one” is that wrong

hoe kah oh nay oh nay

double down by saying it very french-ly

even though its technically not french

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

margiela gats or island slipper flip flops

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Chill Callahan posted:

Anybody ever look into Velcro shoes?

banned for hijacking president beep's account

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lancemantis posted:

why....why are those things both labeled and labeled in quotes

it's a "deconstruction" of the AF1

I'm a big techwear/cyberpunk dickhead and I like how over the top they are with stupid unnecessary text and features

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

"dickhead"

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
those shoes that look like gloves that the silicon valley douchebags wear op

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

all the highest paid architects at my work wear these:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

poty posted:

those shoes that look like gloves that the silicon valley douchebags wear op

foot gloves, if you will

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chill Callahan posted:

Personally I wear a pair of these—casual but still dressy.

Whenever you see people here with butt ugly shoes like this, you know 100% sure they are American lol

Honestly, there exist literally no uglier shoes than those.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Taintrunner posted:

it's a "deconstruction" of the AF1

I'm a big techwear/cyberpunk dickhead and I like how over the top they are with stupid unnecessary text and features
way to not be able to tell the difference between air force ones and jordans

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

what use do you have for a keyboard at the circus?

Same use everybody else, automating working class clowns out of a job.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yo gently caress jordans, let his name fade

https://dailycaller.com/2019/06/25/charles-barkley-michael-jordan-oprah/

quote:

Barkley claims Jordan smacked his hand down when he tried to give money to a homeless person.

The former Phoenix Suns and 76ers star said Jordan told him, “If he can say ‘do you have any spare change?’ he can say ‘Welcome to McDonald’s. Can I help you?'”

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

im glad his dad was murdered

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

ii wonder what kind of shoes he was murdered in. probably Jordans (in a not racist way)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

power botton posted:

margiela gats or island slipper flip flops

styleforum circa ‘08 :cheers: