Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
what the gently caress is his obsession with people orgasmically eating food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Cloacamazing! posted:

Is this... still aimed at nine year olds?

I see you've never met my former colleague. Although she wouldn't do it for mashed potatoes with spaghetti or whatever this is.

Yep, it's for kids, just like the previous installment which featured someone calling a woman a slut and wanting to see her "other lips"!

As for people getting all orgasmic over food, it certainly comes up and and then in the r/relationships thread. Kind of understandable in Spookie's case, though, we know she's been having to order off the value menu like a peasant!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

rudecyrus posted:

what the gently caress is his obsession with people orgasmically eating food

I think it's just a joke he likes repeating over and over - sort of like his "I'm a cool looking new character...but I don't know what to do! Uh oh!" thing.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:sickos: A classic Dominic Deegan ending, it's just like old times.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Wait, is this arc ogre already? Uh, ok.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Ah, there's the Mookie I know. Can't resist the siren song of the tacky joke.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I didn't think it was possible for a dress to somehow become even more clingy and weird what the gently caress is he doing.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I am shocked and appalled that Mookie didn't mention that the meal is Vegan.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Trapezium Dave posted:

:sickos: A classic Dominic Deegan ending, it's just like old times.

It's missing the alliteration of a classic

Otherwise, terrible
Just terrible

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Reposting for the new page:

I was too appalled to notice the angle of the arm in the last panel doesn't match the previous one

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Character licking the self-insert's boots: check
Everything got wrapped up off-camera: check
Words out the wazoo: check
Weird unnecessary sexual reference: check

Mookie's back baby, awooooo

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Pyrotoad posted:

I didn't think it was possible for a dress to somehow become even more clingy and weird what the gently caress is he doing.

It's like every dress is made of T-shirt material and has been soaked in a downpour or something.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

rudecyrus posted:

Reposting for the new page:

I was too appalled to notice the angle of the arm in the last panel doesn't match the previous one

The angle of the arm in the last panel is also really freaky

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That's because that's a cat's leg and paw.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Is she eating dumplings that turn into spaghetti when you take them out of the bowl

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
I think Mookie's greatest fantasy is to eat good food. I bet it's been a long time since his diet has gotten him a good meal. He seems to be fixated on really good food but has no idea what it is.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Careful Mookie, your Patreon almost leaked into the main comic again.

Maxwell Lord posted:

The angle of the arm in the last panel is also really freaky

It's a really bad panel, every part of her seems wrong.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

FlocksOfMice posted:

I think Mookie's greatest fantasy is to eat good food. I bet it's been a long time since his diet has gotten him a good meal. He seems to be fixated on really good food but has no idea what it is.

I try not to do armchair psychology, but you're right that he keeps coming back to characters shouting about food in weirdly vague ways.

It would be one thing if he could draw amazing looking food or describe flavours but it's always just lumps and squiggles and horrible faces meant to denote pleasure.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

FlocksOfMice posted:

No, it's someone telling him how good the food he made is in the way he portrays it in his comics. He wants to cook something and have people shout that this is the best thing they've ever eaten. Problem is, going by the blog entries, he's about as good a cook as a storyteller.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

GrossMurpel posted:

Is she eating dumplings that turn into spaghetti when you take them out of the bowl

They're vegan mozzarella dumplings, which in this case means a giant ball of vegan mozzarella with nothing else.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
It's my favourite dish, "home cooked meal food".

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I don't know if this is how he wishes people reacted to his food or if this is how he reacts to good food. Maybe mookie is just an annoyingly loud eater.

Tesseraction posted:

Character licking the self-insert's boots: check
Everything got wrapped up off-camera: check
Words out the wazoo: check
Weird unnecessary sexual reference: check

Mookie's back baby, awooooo

Add in pointless queerbaiting and we've got a bingo.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

So wait, the brother still gave Spookie some cash after the whole thing? Because for all of Spookie's viciousness toward Pares, it's the getting paid part that she truly had a beef against. Mookie tries to square the circle, but the fact that one of his most beloved power fantasies is everyone bending over backward to take care of all the needs of his self-inserts is just messing up whatever point he wants to make.

Also, having the abused woman be the one to apologize for basically being soooooo emotional bugs the hell out of me. Merrill's dad shouted nasty poo poo at her one more time but she never got a chance to refute her dad and get any closure because Spookie just had to banish the dad for the high crime of being rude to her. If anything, Spookie's the one who should be apologizing here.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

YF-23 posted:

I don't know if this is how he wishes people reacted to his food or if this is how he reacts to good food. Maybe mookie is just an annoyingly loud eater.

He absolutely says 'Om nom nom'.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
thinking about how the clothing in deegan would *feel* is to realize they live in hell

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

YF-23 posted:

Which is probably a step up from "Hi, I'm Szark and I take a lot of things from behind. BECAUSE I'M A GAY. A BIG GAY. I LIKE BUM SEX." in the original run.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
That’s it?

Dude spends more time on the setup and the conclusion than he does the actual loving plot!

Imagine if Mookie made the Hunt for Red October. He would spend most of his time on the Jack Ryan buying a teddy bear and then like 2 minutes on finding the sub and bringing it to American waters.

Jack: I need to find the sub, where could it be? Oh there it is. And hey, we’re 5 minutes away from American waters! Take that Russian sub!

There’s no intrigue. No suspense! No risks! You spent the last week cleaning up the mess, and only 2-3 pages on the whole angry ghost!

This is why if you’re a writer, you need to plan. You need an outline!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Hunt for Red Mooktober

Mike: (out loud) I'm a counter espionage agent tasked with monitoring the Soviet menace

[Scene: a white void purportedly in Colorado]

Mike: now where can I find a spy...

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Goes to restaurant

Mike: ah a fancy restaurant with vegan offerings.

Gets a bowl of grey slop with the consistency of play-doh

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola
Michael Jacques' Greywall

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Incredible faceplant a foot from the finish line, how does he do it.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
it looks like she's eating a bowl of noodles and cabbage heads

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Wait was that the last page? There's not a few more at least? LOL. I mean. This wasn't good in any way at all, and it was entirely and completely pointless, but uh. I guess the worst I can really say about it was this was completely pointless and went nowhere and was clearly not planned out and had nothing of any value to say. Which! For Mookie! Is an improvement!

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

The weird sexual punchline is genuinely such a bad move, I'm in awe.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

FlocksOfMice posted:

Wait was that the last page? There's not a few more at least? LOL. I mean. This wasn't good in any way at all, and it was entirely and completely pointless, but uh. I guess the worst I can really say about it was this was completely pointless and went nowhere and was clearly not planned out and had nothing of any value to say. Which! For Mookie! Is an improvement!

last pages are next week

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

rudecyrus posted:

it looks like she's eating a bowl of noodles and cabbage heads

It's called vegetable medley with noodles.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
I noticed he hosed up Spookie's neckline in the last panel and didn't bother to correct it.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

rudecyrus posted:

I noticed he hosed up Spookie's neckline in the last panel and didn't bother to correct it.
I honestly can't tell if he's trying to depict a different outfit to emphasize that this is "off hours" or whatever. In addition to the different neckline, her hair is up and her sleeves are rolled up. And L'il Cape isn't wearing her little cape.

But, you know, I don't know how much intentionality it makes sense to ascribe to variations in the art. I couldn't loving tell you what spirit shepherd lady's nose is supposed to look like, for example.

And the length of her hair wobbles vaguely between "just reaches down to the small of her back" and "long enough to swirl dramatically around her hips".

Mookie's art manages to somehow simultaneously be "everyone has sameface" and "everyone is constantly slightly off-model". It's like the artistic equivalent of prosopagnosia or something.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
No, no, I mean he hosed up the lines. If you look closely at the right side of the neck (where the curve connects to the straight line), you'll see it's a little too long and doesn't align with the one above her necklace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

I was interpreting that as Mookie trying to draw cleavage. But who the gently caress knows. Her neckline gets like six inches lower in the last panel compared to the panel directly above it.