Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

why did he even trace that all the way? snout's walking straight ahead, at least ditch the bench and put the path actually where snout is walking??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

well, it is nice that he was trying new things, but i see we have returned to the white void

i like the default photoshop texture on the sign text, i use that texture every time i'm feeling lazy lol

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

i thought dominic deegan was your favourite web comic

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

https://twitter.com/starpowercomic/status/1262415059667554306

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

self-published if that counts

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

I agree that the art is fine. He's trying in his own Mookie way. And it works with his writing.

It wouldn't be so fun to make threads about if it wasnt the way it is. It would be just another forgettable mediocre webcomic

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

post your favourite dominic deegan page (if you can get past those dang archives)

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

The Little Death posted:

Look at what Snout looked like previously to now. I know I said let's not talk about art, but I was just going backwards in the thread and I realize he has morphed a lot in a few months time.

eh, pretty normal to streamline a character design the more you draw em

i'm glad the tail is slightly less gross looking

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

i forgot how much i couldn't stand the way he drew faces in profile

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Mors Rattus posted:

how do you fly with only one wing

really badly, which is why there's a wiggly motion line i think in the last panel? the motion isn't conveyed very well

mookie's writing continues to be very unique, in a fascinating way

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

yeah it's not great when he's just like "found it on google lol" instead of using a) art with permission, b) art in the public domain/with public license and/or c) crediting the original artist

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Maxwell Lord posted:

NO ONE WILL BE SEATED DURING THE THRILLING CUPCAKE SCENE

Somebody please edit today's comic to be about the roller coaster

Thank you for riding

E: the devastator (devastator devastator)

Mx. fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 8, 2020

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

i didn't forget that stonewater was a rapist, but i'd entirely forgotten that this arc concludes in "everybody was only mad at him for being a rapist because they were demon possessed, everybody really likes him and doesn't care that he's a rapist otherwise"

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

thank's

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Drunk Theory posted:

And I’d love if an Infernomancer (loving stupid as poo poo name by the way. And “demonologist or warlock” is the well agreed upon fantasy term. A demon mage isn’t that special Mookie) showed up. Sure he was a lovely antagonist, but he was an actual antagonist, and was really good at chewing panel time until he was inevitably clowned on by the Deegans.

i keep thinking infernomancers are "really good at fire" guys

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

well, now i'm more confused

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

why does snout care
what is his motivation

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

YF-23 posted:

he's curious

how simple is he, because this entire thing seems so very uninteresting that there's nothing to be curious about

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

if i didn't know that mookie loved the ink witch i would have no idea what he's trying to do with that character
she's awful

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

yeah my gay thirst is not at all quenched by the ink witch either. she looks so boringly middle aged. nothing against middle aged ladies, but you gotta have some pizzazz

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Invisible Clergy posted:

Pizzazz is hot as gently caress

god i love the misfits

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Synthbuttrange posted:

This comic might be bad i think

this thread is now for your opinions on the misfits. what is your favourite song of theirs?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Lunatic Sledge posted:

SA's live read streams of dominic deagan (pinstripe hourglass and catling gun, I think?) branching out to laugh at mushroom go is what originally brought me to the forums

God I forgot about those streams. I was super depressed in life when that went on and they were the only bright social parts of my life and I am forever grateful for them
Fondest memories of the Livestream of ...whatever that web comic with the fairy and the awfully drawn teeth was

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Tesseraction posted:

you absolute fucker

Lmfao

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Pibgorn was the comic
What great memories

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Tesseraction posted:

Welp, time to go crawling through that.

It's really good, and there was a one-off comic drawn by somebody else that was the canon followup ending which was adorable

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Who What Now posted:

You can't say that and not post it!

Pfft guess that means I need to find it

here you go

https://twitter.com/ianjq/status/915658131065118720

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

https://twitter.com/mookiebean/status/1282272492153974785

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

establishing shots are for losers

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

i hope the artist of star powered has gone on to legit comics because he's got the right style for it

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

I like the underwater guys
They look like characters from Neopets comics

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

every character in fiction is trans until proven otherwise

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

I hadn't read star power until that Mookie arc.

After reading just that I was like "wtf is star power about?? What is the setting and genre even??" But in a "what the hell is this" way, definitely not in a "want to find out more" way

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Uncanny Valley posted:

I downloaded the streams way back when. Looks like either UStream's auto-archiving or my copies might be missing a few sessions, and the videos are lovely UStream quality, but ~37.5 hours of Dominic Drinkin is still a hell of a lot of Deegan.

If Tesseraction is cool with it, I can upload to YouTube or Google Drive?

please!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

SardonicTyrant posted:

Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with early Dominic Deegan. Wrong phrasing, I mean there's nothing wrong with having a silly bad webcomic in the 00s. I mean, it's bad, it's objectively bad, but remember it was the 00s. Everyone who was a creative type had a webcomic. None of them were good. If it wasn't a sprite comic, it was a gamer comic. If it wasn't a gamer comic, it was based on anime, and since everyone had read How To Draw Manga it all looked really similar.

What's egregious is that after ten years of comics, it literally did not improve. In fact as Mookie tried his hand at worldbuilding it got worse.

dominic deegan is fascinating and the world is a richer place for mookie having drawn it

i hope mookie draws a thousand more comics

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Uncanny Valley posted:

:laugh: No, I don't remember that one.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eYXMtNVMHOTr5Q6DxChOZjsJYKyVJtVS?usp=sharing : I screwed up my math, there's "only" ~30.5h of Dominic Drinkin here. Skipped numbers means there's something missing from my archives; the Xes mean I don't know when that stream happened; and some of the videos cut off abruptly, but I don't know if that's because UStream's archives used to have time limits or because drunk!Tesseraction accidentally killed the stream. :)

Bless you

Don't suppose you have any of the pibgorn streams archived?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

is jacob the guy who arranged to have deegan punched in the dick
i hope he is back and he does that again