Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Mx. posted:

corpsemom also is a character, who exists,

not convinced

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

9CL had a storyline about parents having sex in front of their toddlers, as well as a storyline where a woman turns a gay man straight by saying "panties" repeatedly and then loving him in the bathtub.

This comic strip is somehow published in newspapers.

Okay, what in the world are the dates for those comics because I disbelieve

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

You're wrong

I don't hate this

It is a joy to see each bizarre narrative juke

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Beelzebufo posted:

Don't ask me how I know. But Mookie has drawn erect dicks.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I'm betting on a trifecta of:

1) we'll get to see Snout's dong, again
2) it will NOT be erect, and
3) him not getting an erection when faced with the chandak's feminine wiles will be described or pointed out (in-comic or by Mookie) as an example of Snout's resolve/purity/clarity of mind/whathaveyou.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Happy Landfill posted:

Considering how Snout has been portrayed up to this point; naïve, sheltered and largely sexless despite having two separate woman decide to snuggle naked with him with no prompting whatsoever. I wouldn't go so far as to cry "rape" but man, does this turn of events feel skeevy.

Thanks to whoever pointed out that this whole thing is even weirder when you realize Snout had more-or-less no reaction to, again, two separate women deciding to snuggle naked with him with no prompting whatsoever.

There's a narrative thread you can trace if you're high regarding Snout being akin to a rapidly maturing person.

Starting out, Snout is actually close to mute, at least in comparison to these days. Takes a lot of orders, does learn to do one or two things. Has no concept of social mores regarding nudity at this time. He's got a toddler's brain or thereabouts.

He ages a bit when he learns that he needs to leave the Wild Edge, gaining doubts and losing a comfort zone. The next time he meets up with IW he's more aware/weird about nudity, although he gets over it right quick and has a real simple view on how this relationship really looks. He's a preteen around then.

Now? Body's undergoing changes, hormonal whiplash, and a forgetful disregard of why he was going to the chandak at that moment. He's now a moody teen.

Does any of this mean anything? Does past data indicate future performance, that soon Snout will abandon his childhood dream of DD's legacy and settle down, have some kids, a job he hates, and a marriage that will soon become open to the detriment of all involved? gently caress if I know, I just wanted to mentally math out how it's possible for Snout to have his weird timeline of interpersonal reactions. i am no wiser for having done so.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

yeah actually they will posted:

He's going ot gently caress her and cum in her. He's going to loving CUM!!!!!

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I genuinely don't know if the most recent page is supposed to be intended as a joke or not

Caphi posted:

It's SO inappropriate and disconnected from anything that was ever happening at any point

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Nighthand posted:

Turns out Dominic really lost it in his later years.

this is hella esoteric writing for sure

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

The ship thing has gotta be the weirdest part. It doesn't exist. That's not a trope. That's a thing Mooks did to Black Hole Bill except in reverse because he didn't like that people liked the character so it is clearly coming from somewhere.

I started thinking about media where there were at least sentient vehicles: Knight Rider, Airwolf, Short Circuit, Futurama, Not Quite Human, My Mother The Car, all of the love bug movies and I admit this is where I lost the plot.

Jack Burton from Big Trouble In Little China? Where he loses his truck and then is only in the adventure to get it back?

A sadder theory is that such a character doesn't exist, but Mooks kept expecting it to materialize. When it never did he carried a chip on his shoulder against a trope that doesn't exist because if it did, well, he wouldn't like it.

(^ this is so dum)

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Double posting, but

Is he misremembering Lando Calrissian?

- Ex-scoundrel
- Terse towards Han about the condition of the Falcon
- On the Empire's side until the double-cross
- Eventually gets to fly his baby again

The big misread is that, despite Lando's stern "What have you done to my ship!", his character isn't actually motivated by the ship. It's a plot point to tie Han and Lando together. Since Lando flies it again in RotJ, maybe he thinks that was Lando's actual long game?

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Catching up on the thread has anything happened in the last 2 years?

Snout hosed, he orgasmed, here is his orgasm face, you can enjoy his orgasm

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

this is not the art of a man who has any fondness for the martial arts

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

all of you are being very clothes minded

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Emrikol posted:

Oh, I hope we aren't in for a week of this.

have you learned nothing

we're in for two weeks of this

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

you've still progressed the plot more than mooks does in any given week

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

hot take

I bet if mooks had put snout accidentally lucid dreaming and IW doing this specific weird ritual way earlier in the story, even if written the same way, it'd be better received

at least because the former advances the main story (however laboriously and straightforward) and the latter, well, IW doesn't really do things lately

but no that would be planning

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

SubG posted:

Ink witchcraft seems to be, like, exceptionally lame. Or maybe Ink Witch is just a really bad ink witch? Because her magical superpower seems to be indistinguishable from what fortune teller in a strip mall doing tarot readings does...except the strip mall fortune teller's tarot deck is more complex and visually interesting than anything in those fuckin' ink drip readings. I mean when Ink Witch bothers to do them at all. This is like the second time, the first being back when they were busking in Mongreltown, or am I forgetting something?

Anyway, very early on Ink Witch occasionally did poo poo like make magical letters appear in midair...but only to have "no-dialog" conversations with Snout. Which is the lamest possible use for making magical letters appear. And I guess maybe there's something involving the ink ship? Maybe? Like it isn't actually clear that the ship has anything at all to do with ink magic...or magic at all...as opposed to being some random airship thing that Ink Witch drives or whatever.

But that's kinda the problem with literally everything in Legacy: it's isn't particularly clear what anything has to do with anything. It's really just mesmerisingly bad storytelling. AI random text generators routinely exhibit more purpose and clarity of thought than Legacy does.

there does not seem to be a direct correlation between whatever it is IW does with her ink readings and everything else she projects ink to do which is chef's kiss because you know there ISN'T one at all, and won't be until mookie has a thought

Splicer posted:

Hi I'm like 200 pages behind but I bring a gift

do you feel honoured for having brought this to bear upon us :(

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

FlocksOfMice posted:

oh gently caress that's it isn't it. Legacy has just become Mookie's comfort corner self indulgence world. He is really horny lately so Snout gonna gently caress. He want a nice snack, mmm tasty vegan good boy treats. Lonely? Cuddle time cuddle time Mookie gets cuddle time! Covid has him lonely and frustrated and this is just 100% sublimation and he doesn't want to advance the plot because time in real life isn't advancing really, so time stagnates and everything just goes on a loop. The comic really started spinning its wheels when Covid hit, didn't it? It's a Dorian Gray kind of thing, the more Mookie's life stagnates and his social needs go unmet, the more Snout will spend all his time hanging out going fishing, being told he's a good soft gentle boy, getting glomps and cuddles, and blowing fat loads in cosplay girls witches he met at the con swamp.

:crackping:

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

it would be comically human for snout to like this snack because it reminds him of a woman he smashed, and not just because this is all pointless

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

honestly I don't even consider this Arudak the same one as before Snout got punched out

remember that surly-but-right, stooped with a bit of the ol' magic thumb Arduak?

they're two completely different characters with the same name that I have no idea how to spell correctly

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

my eyes refuse to read the words

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

drat, mooks, I would have taken another lovely collage except it's Young Ardurk getting poo poo on or whatever

I refuse to read all these words

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

hahahahahahahha god drat I am NOT reading all that

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

i would simply write good sentences, instead

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

the last panel's composition has me seeing it as bog witch gently letting snout to the ground after performing a rear naked (heh) choke

or maybe I'm just trying to ignore snout's reflex to go spread eagle

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Calaveron posted:

and the world's best swordsman

who was also a famous enough rock star to pull off the deeganverse equivalent of Live Aid

also a white savior to the orcs before the story started

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Zereth posted:

also really, really hoping this does not turn into a sex scene

"when we said 'snout go gently caress yourself' we didn't mean this!!!!"

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

don't know why it took this long to bother me, but I don't think we really pushed hard enough way back when we learned about all 8 of the symbols involved in ink reading

those same symbols show up in the asinotaph book

I feel like learning that the imagery of your magical power (gently caress knows what ink magic actually is) also directly appears in lucid dreaming (both the experience and Introduction To) is something that a normal story would have jumped on immediately. or fuckin'... eventually. at least by now, god drat. it's really weird that it seems like there's constant cosmic signals across disciplines that is either a coincidence or there IS a link there but like, gently caress if anyone's interested in exploring it. or asking about it.

it's like saying if you know how to do tarot then when you go to read tea leaves you're like "yup that pattern is The Tower." it's worse than that. I don't even know enough occultish magick to properly make a comparison. is that the ultimate endpoint of all this, it's all the same magic? kinda like how there was the revelation that there's an objective truth about the first Vision that seers/oracles got and it ended up like "yeah that was a headscratcher, if you're an idiot who doesn't read books."

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

you ready for what's coming?

Mx. posted:

you know if he meets dominic, it's going to be naked dominic with his dick hanging out

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Schubalts posted:

Didn't he already have this exact "You're already on the path" dream when he fell asleep reading Dominic's book on lucid dreaming?

it is verbatim the same words

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

two ardruaks, two different characters, pre- and post- snout getting knocked out

edit: yeah has nothing to do with your point but drat I can't get over it

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

"running" is a gracious term

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

"Who's Luna?"

"Luna is the Spiral Gate."

"Oh, ok."

Several hours later

"Wait, what the gently caress is the Spiral Gate?

those several hours will be 3 months of do-nothing comic

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

I think the takeaway is that when Snout has sex with strange women other peoples problems become solved and then the women become his best friend. They aren't having sex right now because there are no more problems to solve.

were any?????? problems????????????? solved?????????????????????????????????????

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

just crank one out on the shore snout, bogwitch was doing it earlier. poo poo y'all straight up hosed on the rocks and nobody seemed to notice

from a writing perspective it bugs me that snout questions if there's a sacred masculine in panel 2, then adds the comment in 3 that his masculine side isn't feeling very sacred. what kind of weird joke writing is this, we already know he's ashamed of his boner. are we supposed to feel empathy instead???

is the next step his "friends" seeing him rock hard and congratulating him over not being ashamed to walk about at full-mast???

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

so is everyone else in the party just gonna twiddle thumbs or what

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Emrikol posted:

The thing is that if he'd just said that he was going to go take in the local culture it'd be fine. We'd still grouse about how he's not trying to advance the only objective he has, but it wouldn't be insulting. It's that he just had to have Snout go on about how trying doesn't get him anywhere and passivity is the path to success that's infuriating.

this is more or less a no-win scenario: snout's ideas for relaxing so far involve stalking the local food market and gawking at a nude beach. whereas the situations we've seen him actually do lucid dreaming are some combination of sleeping (literally, or dozing off while reading the ascinotaph book) or being led to it by the chandak. A isn't following B here and so it's just extra wheel spinny.

there's an alternative path i briefly wrote about how i think this could be narratively acceptable (not necessarily good, mind) but then i realized it was just Legacy fan-fiction and so into the bin it goes

Cloacamazing! posted:

LITERALLY EVERYBODY IN THIS TOWN LOOKS LIKE SNOUT ONLY WITH SMALL TUSKS!

this, also shoutout to the first panel where at a glance i thought mooks had drawn snout twice and also had the orc on the left inexplicably wear a top but no pants, due to the vivid buttcrack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

digging up this days-old quote because drat if it isn't exactly what I'm feeling

Pulsarcat posted:

We've been in this damned town for nearly half a year now, so somewhat over 60 strips I think.

And we learned everything we know about it literally the moment it was shown, that it's a fishing town, that's it.
Nothing about the town has had any impact on the story, no characters we've met are tied too it in anyway other than "lives near it".

So why the hell would anyone reading this want the story to spend any more time here?

At least when Mookie kept putting himself into Dominic Deegan you sometimes would get weird poo poo like magical Heavy metal.
But now that he's a boring middle aged man, you get poo poo like "I want to take a vacation too a cottage and maybe get some fishing in while I'm there".