Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TheHan posted:

I prefer the snouts to that profile of the witch (but not Snout’s snout).

It was only just now that someone mentioned it that I realised why I was bewildered seeing that panel this morning. I was thinking to myself "why is this confusing me? It's a normal face?"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

starting to develop a "wanker" theme from Mookie's latest work

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'd been holding off editing the next page because I didn't know what was happening next, but seems Mookie still has the same exploit to get comics early

(unedited... for now)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol that was my first edit idea, albeit for the previous comic's final panel

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

But how would you know this was set in the Dominic Deegan universe if you didn't immediately visit the Dominic Deegan Memorial Cow Pasture Outdoor Library?!

Dominic Deegan Memorial Outdoor Hentai Library*

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

low effort because I want to get this out the way

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I like how his lesson from the Wild Edge arc was "the featureless plains need rocks in the foreground too"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Also I literally can't stop hearing the Robotnik battle theme every time I see that loving ship

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well, that was not how I expected him to cap off the midweek.

I know he did this to spite my wanker edits. :argh:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ague Proof posted:

quote:

Six years have passed since I made the last comic for Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, and in that time I’ve rearranged my priorities when it comes to what I want represented in my work.

There may even be loving, consensual sex scenes

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I do feel not enough is being made of that booty shot of her given the horrors of dongrel in the last panel.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm just reminded of that time xkcd randomly decided to draw nudity with nary a warning, NSFW, obviously https://xkcd.com/631/

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Why was he wearing clothes previously if he's apparently comfortable to go walking nude in broad daylight?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Emrikol posted:

I'm still trying to deal with him looking for the ship by sprinting some distance from his house and just staring in a single direction.

While it then flew right behind him without him noticing even though previously it flying near him nearly knocked him over.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TheHan posted:

He did. I’m willing to bet it’s cause cause Akira Toriyama famously doesn’t script ahead, and since everyone loves DBZ they will love Dominic Deegan too :smug:

(Akira Toriyama has editors)

Vonnie posted:

Also all the problems with the android/cell saga...

You know I didn't know that Akira Toriyama worked this way and now Mookie's entire arc as a webcomic artist suddenly makes so much sense. He even copies Toriyama's thing of starting off as a gag a day type and ending up in a dramatic fight for the universe.

Of course, even though Toriyama didn't plan head he could also rely on real life for inspiration - from the origins of Dragon Ball as being inspired by Journey to the West to his inclusion of the Red Ribbon Army whose subdivisions wore Soviet/Nazi/famous paramilitary uniforms and wielded weapons from real-world wars, his stories started with grounding in things that gelled with the real world which added to the reader's experience.

On the other hand Dominic Deegan had power metal.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ague Proof posted:

He did speak again.

The DDDG left me unable to remember basically anything post-Court of Karnak so I literally don't remember what the final stakes were or how he Deus Ex Machinaed his victory. I vaguely remember the Elemecca returning and our good friend spaghetti monster.

And the dwarf

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Baller Ina posted:

I like that Snout suddenly has a gut

dominic dongrel mpreg 2019 dot png

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I'm pretty sure it's an edit.

yeah sorry it's one I made, I made several edits in that time period where Dominic fought the flying spaghetti monster where I made the last two panels dwarfpunch & poo poo-eating grin.jpg every time regardless of context

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TheHan posted:

I'm glad we can focus on the real reason we're all here. Speaking of which:

I'm not gonna lie to you; I already peeked at Friday's comic and we're going nowhere fast. It's only 4 panels.

Oh my god I thought he'd just not been buffering it but I'd not realised his dumbass site honours the /2019/07/ for already-released comics and that you had to move to 2019/08/ for the next ones.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

wow guess he got bored of the arc or something

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ague Proof posted:

Don't be so clothes-minded.

Remind me again why he was demanding an underage lad had to get nude in front of him again?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Really feel I missed a trick by not making an edit of that panel being followed by him being marched off in cuffs.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

SardonicTyrant posted:

I'll give you extra credit if you use the Hands panel in some way.

I do remember someone at the time editing it so it was "don't be so closed minded" then a panel with the dialogue removed and dominic smiling evilly before the final panel being jazzhands.gif

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

IMO the hands thing isn't really funny, especially in 2019.

Rape jokes just aren't funny.

I originally requested in the old threads that people stop doing them but it wasn't enforceable. It and loss.jpg have become the go-to punchlines for the respective threads.

And inflating things for Dobson. Oh hey I still have my SYAC folder too

what's dobbles up to these days anyway?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh hey it's the joke all of us predicted.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Now I think about it shouldn't the bird's body be visible between him and the ship?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

His tail will end up as a pony tail by the time the arc finishes.

And at the pace it's currently going we'll probably also have finally loving retired.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I was stumped for theme so I stuck with what I knew

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lmao owned

But seriously how the gently caress did he catch up with a ship that's fast enough to make sonic booms when flying overhead. And how does it know the witch is meant to be in that hut if... oh who am I kidding it's the only feature in the void that is Mookie's world.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I just love how after he helped it the ship made him homeless.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ague Proof posted:

The witch left the house.

Surprise.

This is what I assumed from the get-go. Which is why I find it hilarious that it blew his house up.

TheHan posted:

I was giving Mookie the benefit of the doubt and assuming that the witch didn’t literally ask a total stranger to find a ship with no further context, knowing full well that the pilot wants her dead. It’d be a level of hack writing rare for even Mookie.

I feel you have forgotten the depths of writing hell we survived before. My liver hasn't.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hahahaha so it just made him homeless to dick-move pull her out of said house. I'm going to be really loving pissed if it rebuilds his house using some bullshit "clothes beam" nonsense.

Also the tasteful nudes we were promised... not looking good right now, ngl.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ague Proof posted:

Didn't Demon-Siegfried eat his dad's soul? It was stupid.

Was the Karnak / Siegfried plot ever resolved, I can't remember.

I just remember a dog getting tortured.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

super sweet best pal posted:

I remember it being a good dog

Is there any other kind?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh wait he dated Luna? Or something and them tormented her or something.

He was asked to meet her to potentially become engaged, as a part of a plot by Luna's mother to make Luna get rejected by so many men she'd kill herself, because if nobility dies in their house while a knight of Siegfried's standing is present, Luna's mother would get a poo poo ton of money for compensation. This was apparently her grand plan and it was only ruined because the day before, she went to Deegan's bumfuck agency to ask him if she was the most beautiful person in the world and cursed him because he said no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

SardonicTyrant posted:

I put in the OP that I'd like not to discuss old Dominic Deegan, but I'm a lazy OP and this is more fun.

So....carry on? :shrug:

To be honest I think trying to analyse a comic based off the legacy of the original Dominic Deegan, without referring to the original Dominic Deegan, is going to be difficult. I agree that relitigating the dumpster fire day-in, day-out, won't be interesting but I do think it's worth sometimes being allowed to go over how much of a DBZ trainwreck the original was.