Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
At this point it's clear that Snout is merely a sexy lamp in his own story. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Mookie is a literary goundbreaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
I can't believe Snout is loving dead.
Thread over!

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

BSS: Bisexual Super Son › Dominic Deegan: Wouldn't it be funny if this turned out to have nothing to do with the plot?

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Fister Roboto posted:

Also never asked the bog witch what her name is. Just completely dropped that despite bringing it up multiple times.

He asked her off camera. Her name is Bog Witch.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Pseudoscorpion posted:

I'm glad we finally have the canonical confirmation that America exists in the world of Dominic Deegan with the introduction of American Sign Language.

also no dialogue

Do really expect Mookie to be aware that different sign languages exist?

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

O :/
?

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

SubG posted:

Since when does Snert have a duffel bag?

Mookie just bought a new one last weekend.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

If Mookie had a buffer of comics that would mean he couldn't be surprised by the story, guys. Come on, think.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

SubG posted:

I mean the comic in that tweet is clearly intended to be self-deprecating.

Mookie don't seem to understand the concept.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Dominic Deegan: No I'm good, I don't need to understand any of what's going on.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

I cant wait for Mookie to indefinitely drop this new character entirely in two weeks.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

MiracleFlare posted:

Jacob appearing would honestly one of the best developments that could have happened at this point since if done right it can tie the Kaianda subplot into the main plotline, but it's also kind of an empty reveal in character because Snout knows nothing about this guy. He's got no reason to think this is the mysterious J. Deegan, the Zombie Alive, so unless Mookie either retcons in Snout seeing a photo of him somewhere or has Jacob clumsily introduce himself with "did you know my brother is THE Dominic Deegan?" it's going to be a while before anyone makes that connection. Right now, to Snout and Kaianda he's just some random dude looting the remains of the torture cabin.

Counterpoint. Mookie knows it's Jacob, therefore Snout knows it's Jacob.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Man, Jacob is so loving cool!

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Emrikol posted:

Oh god, Snout's our viewpoint character, so we're not going to be present for their conversation and it'll all be relayed to him second-hand afterwards.

Though I guess they were otherwise just going to have a conversation with Snout standing there, anyway, so it changes little on that front. Having Snout literally run away because he got scared is Mookie's way of extricating Snout from an awkward situation.

Also, Snout is deaf so all this really changes is that we won't get a panel of Snout looking pissy and pointing to his stupid patch.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Oh No! Snout touched the stank hand!

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Oh good. Snout's naked again.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Snout's loving chest pubes.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Jacob's still got it!

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

I mean, it's impossible to improve your art when you believe your art is absolutely perfect.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

At least Snout put his pants back on.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Dominic Deegan: shut up don't think about it.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

YF-23 posted:

Who is the other one that qualifies for both being alive and also that we know the name of?

The maid who got a snout full of Snout dick.
She has a name.

Apparently.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Cloacamazing! posted:

Is it a thought bubble? Is Snout having visions? Is it a symbol of his existential crisis?

I can tell you one thing for sure. Mookie sure as gently caress couldn't tell you.

Until Friday at least.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Fuckin'!

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Cloacamazing! posted:

Could an AI generated version of this story and art actually be worse?

edit: I am trying with one of those free AI art generators, but can't get it to include the overalls.

Does it at least include the 'Deaf' patch?

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That child has horns.
This really does every time!

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

quote:

On October 14, 2021, an organization representing over 30 Paizo employees announced the formation of the United Paizo Workers, a labor union allied with the Communications Workers of America.[25] Paizo employees announced plans to unionize as United Paizo Workers under the Communication Workers of America in October 2021, becoming the first such tabletop game company to have such a union. The employees stated that recent issues related to "managerial impropriety" was a driver for the unionization effort.[26] Paizo voluntarily agreed to recognize the union, allowing collective bargaining negotiations between the company and union to commence.[27]

Managerial Impropriety.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Oh gently caress.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Should have made a better CON roll.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

ok

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Tesseraction posted:

Go on, become Snouterman and defeat the Green Goblin.

I think you mean Snouter-Man.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Snouter-Man doesn't wear a costume and we all wish he would.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Mx. posted:

good news losers

The Beginnings of a New Project

https://twitter.com/mookiebean/status/1615391118631239685

yeah sorry i lied in my intro

Literature!

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Mookie forgot Uh, well, the power of myth...

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Given his tolerance for his families dietary desires, at least he doesn't embody the other stereotype vegans are known for.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Isn't there a ton of normal bread like sourdough and ciabatta that is vegan?

It really doesn't seem that hard to make good vegan food, I don't get why all he can make is stuff like beans and vile stew his wife refuses to eat. Actually, this blog post would have been a lot better if he just shared his actual recipies instead of ruminating on how sad his choice of cuisine is.

I suppose it depends if you think yeast cultures count as animals, but it seems as if, technically, only flatbreads and such could be truly vegan.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Loyal: rated 18+

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Barf!

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Tesseraction posted:

Yep, Hot Dog Suit Guy poo poo.

Kinda hoping this ends with my favourite thing that the ship does: blowing poo poo up for no reason.

It's going to find a way to destroy Snouts house again somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

I can't believe Kikero was MURDERED!