Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Erica is the best character on the show. Robin's pretty cool too, but Erica is the poo poo. She shoulda been a main character in Season 1 and 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Erica is amazing. Really outstanding in eps five and six (which I just finished).

"Heeeeyyy Henderson... I was just talking about you."

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Just finished, was good. Like I said I really enjoyed how it didnt spend 5 episodes spinning its wheels with before the main plot started going.

Episode 8 spoiler def do not look until you finish this show. It will spoil the best part.

You have been warned!

The Neverending Story Theme is alright, but the best song from that movie is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yegQ9X2QSeI

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 4, 2019

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Quinton posted:

Erica is amazing. Really outstanding in eps five and six (which I just finished).

"Heeeeyyy Henderson... I was just talking about you."

:yeah: Just finished six. Erica is my favorite character lmao. Starting seven :supaburn:

deano
Sep 6, 2000

drunkill posted:

Loving the soundtrack this season.

only 3 eps in but yeah its fantastic, and holy poo poo ep 3 opening!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I'm ten minutes into episode 1 and haven't heard a single rendition of Kids 0/10 failure of a season.

e: after a further thirty minutes of consideration, Kids was played 10/10 the pinnacle of television.

1stGear fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jul 4, 2019

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Is anyone else's feed choppy? Some frames skip around but the audio stays in tact. It's driving me crazy.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How strange are things so far?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I rewatched Seasons 1 and 2 this past week to refresh myself for this. It’s been a long 20 months! So are the early impressions that this is better than Season 2? Don’t get me wrong I liked Season 2 but it definitely had problems, especially in the first half.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

This show is so loving good.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I rewatched Seasons 1 and 2 this past week to refresh myself for this. It’s been a long 20 months! So are the early impressions that this is better than Season 2? Don’t get me wrong I liked Season 2 but it definitely had problems, especially in the first half.

I was a season 2 apologist, but will say season 3 easily tops it.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

RBA Starblade posted:

by episode 3 some rats turn inside out and a lady eats a bunch of fertilizer straight from the bag

6 / 10 strange so far but i'm willing to bet that Things will get Stranger fairly quick because this show is moving quick this year.

Edit - what I'm really liking this season is that compared to basically every other show like this, the stakes actually feel town-wide now. They're going to a lot more places and seeing/meeting a lot more people around town so the world feels a lot more real and inhabited.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 4, 2019

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

Er.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i'm on episode 6 and i gotta say this is far better than season two.

deano
Sep 6, 2000

Halfway done and yeah lot faster pace than last season and the eps seem to lack any filler so far.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Just finished. Yeah, definitely better than Season 2. Bout as good as Season 1 for me. Though, I was under the impression Season 3 was the last for some reason. Thought I read that somewhere. That mid-credits stinger suggests otherwise.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
lmao (episode 4 spoilers) the blonde sleazy politician is buddy-buddy with the sinister Russians what a weird plot point that was just generated from the ether

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

1stGear posted:

lmao (episode 4 spoilers) the blonde sleazy politician is buddy-buddy with the sinister Russians what a weird plot point that was just generated from the ether

i don't know if you quite got what was going on there.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Groovelord Neato posted:

i don't know if you quite got what was going on there.

Yeah having watched more of the episode now its not quite that clear-cut. Still an amusing little parallel.

Stranger Things 3: You Can't Spell America Without Erica

1stGear fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jul 4, 2019

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

They should have called the seasons "Strange Things", "Stranger Things" and "Strangest Things", respectively.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

episode 7 they really shouldn't have had lucas bring up the thing and have the living blood the same scene. made it so obvious how the scene was going to end.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dustin and Steve are still the best team up.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Solice Kirsk posted:

:hmmyes:

Robin owns too

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol a loving ghostbusters 2 reference.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

Dustin and Erica is just as good imo.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Team-up power rankings:

Dustin / Steve
Max / Eleven
Dustin / Erica
Max / Lucas
Mrs. Wheeler / Billy
Mayor Kline / Solid Objects

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Finished Episode 3. :eyepop: This season is great so far, really excited to see where it goes.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Petition to change the thread title to "You can't spell 'America' with 'Erica'."

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Only on Ep 3, but Jake Busey was a perfect casting choice for the douchebag reporter.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
5th episode and this is much better than the 2nd season :allears:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Through 3 episodes so far and I have to give the show credit for making the kids look younger.

My daughter took a picture with Noah Schnapp at Tampa Comic-Con and you could have convinced me he was 16 (he’s not even 15 yet) but all the kids still pass for 11-12-13 on the show.

Also season owns hard so far.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

TheBizzness posted:

Through 3 episodes so far and I have to give the show credit for making the kids look younger.

My daughter took a picture with Noah Schnapp at Tampa Comic-Con and you could have convinced me he was 16 (he’s not even 15 yet) but all the kids still pass for 11-12-13 on the show.

Also season owns hard so far.

Probably because this was filmed last summer right before the puberty hammer hit some of them hard. Season 4 is gonna have to be a straight up high school drama.

Anyway can someone please answer just yes or no, in spoiler tags, do 8 and the gang of annoying rear end misfits make an appearance this season in some way?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
That’s a fair point but the picture was also taken in early August of last year.

TheBizzness fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 4, 2019

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Probably because this was filmed last summer right before the puberty hammer hit some of them hard. Season 4 is gonna have to be a straight up high school drama.

Anyway can someone please answer just yes or no, in spoiler tags, do 8 and the gang of annoying rear end misfits make an appearance this season in some way?

Not in the slightest.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

DurosKlav posted:

Not in the slightest.

lol that’s some hilarious course correction

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Probably because this was filmed last summer right before the puberty hammer hit some of them hard.

Lucas is basically a grown rear end man now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpbWqiUy0YM

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Their voices changed hella hard regardless of how young they're trying to look.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LMAO Todd

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
For sure, Mike’s voice is ridiculous.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I was enjoying this season until my power went out IRL.

I’ve had a strange headache all day too, not sure what it means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Hilario Baldness posted:

Someone suggested after a few weeks of season two's release to just skip The Lost Sister episode, and to anyone binge watching this show: do this.

I was one of the only ones in the Season 2 thread that liked that episode. :eng99: