Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Jesus Christ this is so ridiculous.

So, if you're running 2 ECUs, wouldn't you just have to send the inputs to both and then let them handle the rest? Or am I missing something? I'm not super familiar with how it works, but wouldn't the ECUs just need to know throttle input? They'd be picking up their individual sensors from their respective motors and it shouldn't be too hard to split the throttle signal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

Yeah, but the thought is it might gently caress with the load calculations of the rear engine having another 200hp coming into the front of the crankshaft. Once i get more things running i'll probably call SCT or Bama and get their thoughts on the situation.

I still like the idea of clocking the engines the same and splitting the signal, but like some have said, then it might just sound like 2 V6s, rather than having them clocked 30 degrees out and having an explosion every 30 degrees like a V12 instead of 2 every 60 degrees.

I'm hoping Bama can code both ECUs to 1 vin so i can control it all with 1 tuner. then tune the front engine to ignore the missing transmission and delete PATS, and then get them both tuned together on a dyno. That way down the road if i want to start looking for more power or more sound or something, it's easier to tune both engines. I'll need the one factory ECU at least to run the transmission. so if at that point they suggest megasquirt or something i'll go that way.

This is such a neat problem. For argument's sake, assuming the first engine was fired up first, wouldn't the sensors on the other engine basically take the first one into account for you? Since you'd be spinning the rear flywheel, the second engine would "know" it's being spun and adjust itself accordingly? It wouldn't take into account the extra 200hp, but would it matter? I imagine the second engine's sensors would adjust for the incoming RPM, it wouldn't matter what torque was applied to the crankshaft, your power would be additive anyway. Or is this completely wrong?

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
If you were to run them on dual independent ECUs the chances of the timing matching up is pretty slim, if you run them off a single ECU then you're going to run into that issue.

I honestly can't loving wait to find out where this is going to go.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
somewhere in this exhaust setup should be a resonator. Find that guy on these forums that was designing a race moped and hydroforming the exhaust for it and get him to tune this thing for sound.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I think these are the same dudes that made magnetic suspension, too.